Wow Patriot fans calling the game already?

FalconFanatic!!!!

Falcons: 5 things we learned from the Atlanta Journal Constitution

Apparently not everything went right for Atlanta last week. Apparently dumb penalties, a red zone fumble, poor technique on an attempted tackle, and poor situational awareness on a hail mary at the end of the game nearly resulted in a loss for Atlanta last week. Atlanta was unable to run out the clock in the 4th quarter, and then their prevent defense nearly prevented a win. Reading the column and the following comments I'd never guess Atlanta was 2-0. Looks like negativity among fans is a universal thing. Though Falcons fans do have sufficient reason for being skeptical; the franchise has yet to put together back-to-back winning seasons (though that streak should end this year.)

Here's the best part of that column:

CheerThrowThree.JPG

Link: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/275234-week-three-falcons-patriots.html

Falcons: 5 things we learned from the Atlanta Journal Constitution

Apparently not everything went right for Atlanta last week. Apparently dumb penalties, a red zone fumble, poor technique on an attempted tackle, and poor situational awareness on a hail mary at the end of the game nearly resulted in a loss for Atlanta last week. Atlanta was unable to run out the clock in the 4th quarter, and then their prevent defense nearly prevented a win. Reading the column and the following comments I'd never guess Atlanta was 2-0. Looks like negativity among fans is a universal thing. Though Falcons fans do have sufficient reason for being skeptical; the franchise has yet to put together back-to-back winning seasons (though that streak should end this year.)

Here's the best part of that column:

CheerThrowThree.JPG

Link: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/275234-week-three-falcons-patriots.html

Yeah I read that earlier this week. Nothing unusual about a fan of a team thinking they will win though. They could just as easily point to some of our threads.

Yeah let the fans, media and any other talking heads underestimate the offense and defense.

Granted we don't have a world beater D, but our O is (and the numbers will bear this out by the end of the season) going to end up being the class of the NFC.

Yeah yeah the Saints this the Saints that, whatever. They have great O certainly, but when you pass that much (cause their run game won't hold up, and that D is suspect to me). Additionally, when you play rookie QB's your D has an advantage along with your own O. Rookies don't run offenses efficiently (normally) and put their own D in bad situations more often then not. So to all saints fans that say their rookie QB starting didn't help our O, that's a load of crap. Their offense has gotten many short fields from the other teams O not being run efficiently.

Anyway, I respect the Patriots but our team is just as good if not better than theirs.

I even think our D is better than theirs. :D

We have garnered respect so far this year. Two solid teams and two Wins. No matter what the fan base around the league might say about beating us on sundays, the coaches of those teams understand that Atlanta is real. Since last year during regular season games, our record is 13 - 5. Slice it any way you want, but the fact remains our club is on the rise and gameplanning against us is a difficult task. Talk is always cheap. Each team can only put thier best 11 on the field. After that, its all about heart and will to win. With Smitty, our team will not be caught up in the aura or mystique of the Patriots. When they step onto that field it will be with the intention of outplaying the opposing 11 men. We will concentrate on our game, not worrying about what the pats might do. That is what preparation and game planning is for. Win, lose, or draw, we will earn respect on play at a time. This is an awesome opportunity for us to prove that the falcons deserve to be considered among the best.