GRIMES ON WELKER?

mriguy

Grimes on Welker and Houston on Galloway should be fine but who for Moss? Williams will have a test. We really should have Decoud over his head all game. I think we can do it guys.

I am pretty sure we'll be rolling the safety over the top on Moss. except for some man coverage blitzes perhaps. That is how we played Steve Smith most of the game last week with bracket coverage.

i think Grimes can do it. One thing about him is that he's always on the hip of whoever the receiver is. he's been beat a couple times by your bigger guys, but majority of the time he is right on the receiver. Wes Welker is not the fast guy, he's quick and shifty. Being that they are around the same height, i think this is the perfect matchup for him.

One thing to remember is that last year and so far this year

the falcons do not rotate or "assign" their CBs.

Houston plays RCB all game

B. Williams plays LCB

for the nickel package Williams slids to the NB and Grimes comes in at the LCB

Oh I know they use Owens and C. Jackson on occasion

But my point is they will not "assign" someone to Welker,Galloway, Moss, or anyone.

IF they do it will be a brand new scheme.

Not sure I've seen Grimes cover anyone with success but I'd rather it be a smaller guy like Welker for sure. What we must do is what the Jets did, focus on putting Brady on his backside over and over. I want to see Abe destroy him with a severity that makes the Jets game look good for their oline. The Jets showed the Pats oline isn't what it used to be and we must take advantage of it in order to win on the road.

IMO I think that grimes needs to be on the slot receiver in this game. He matches up well against Welker. Both are small and speedy/athletic types that like to mix it up. I wonder if our coaches have this in mind?

This is the matchup I've wanted to see as well. I've been saying since early preseason that I think we should go this route and have Grimes in the game when Welker is in.