Weather to be a factor on Sunday

falcons4life

Projected forecast for Sunday here in New England specifically Foxboro has an 80% chance of rain and wind gusts up to 25mph.

Some are calling for more than an inch of rain. While that number is insignificant if you live in GA at the moment rest assured it will be a factor in the game against the pats.

Temps in the lower 60's

Which means not only will I be drenched come Sunday afternoon but I would think that the team with the better ground game has the advantage.

Thus no better time for Turner to run rampant and re-establish his dominance in the running game.

Original prediction Falcons 31 Pats 17

Now Falcons 24 Pats 13

Gotta get that run game going. Matt tended to throw 2+ interceptions in games with those weather conditions in college. Of course, he's progressed a great deal since then, has far better receivers in Atlanta, and NO quarterback has pinpoint accuracy in rain and wind.

But still ... Turner/Snelling, bring your A-game Sunday!

If Turner was showing anything other than TJ Duckett tendencies right now(there I said it) I would think advantage Falcons, but he has been a non factor to this point. Now don't flame me for the TJ comment, but he looks tentative going to the hole. When Snelling came in last week you could see the difference.

If Turner was showing anything other than TJ Duckett tendencies right now(there I said it) I would think advantage Falcons, but he has been a non factor to this point. Now don't flame me for the TJ comment, but he looks tentative going to the hole. When Snelling came in last week you could see the difference.

If you think Turner has looked tentative, you need to get your eyes checked. :P The Dolphins and Panthers simply decided to stop the run and take a hit in the passing game. When you stack the box holes are really hard to open up, our O-line eventually wore the Panthers run D down a bit late in the game but it's hard to block 6/7/8 guys when you only have 6 to do the blocking maybe 7. Even though his yards are down so far this year I think Turner has been effective when he's been needed. Turner isn't going to sneak up on anyone this year but keep in mind he did have a few solid runs against the Panthers late in the game last week that helped burn clock.