Mike Vick wants to be a starting QB

Eagles QB Michael Vick is finally headed back to regular-season NFL action, even if it's not coming how he envisioned it would.

Vick, in an interview with CBS to air Sunday, said he thought he would be a starting quarterback upon his return to the NFL.

"This is not the exact scenario I thought would play out," Vick told CBS. "I thought I'd be playing with a team and actually starting."

Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg confirmed Thursday that Vick will play against the Chiefs on Sunday. It is the first game Vick will be eligible for since 2006, before he served a 20-month federal sentence for a dogfighting conviction.

"He'll play," Mornhinweg said. "How much? We'll see as the week goes on. I think he's in top physical condition. We'll see how he handles the few things that we have in for him."

Either Donovan McNabb or Kevin Kolb will start at quarterback for the Eagles, depending on the status of McNabb's cracked rib. Head coach Andy Reid has said that Vick is not ready yet to be a starter.

Mornhinweg said he questioned if Vick was ready to play an entire game yet, given his absence from the fame. But he said he's happy with Vick's condition for the package of plays he'll be used.

Vick told CBS he plans on making his second chance in the NFL last.

"I know I can play this game," Vick said. "I know I can play it for a long time. I still have the speed, the quickness and the mind to run an NFL offense

Given that the Eagles are branding Vick as a package player, to be used primarily in wildcat plays, Mornhinweg said he's not worried he'll lose the surprise the special formation offers.

"You can do that a couple of different ways, but I'm not going to get into that right now," he said. "You can offset it. It's like when you're audibling, you can dummy audible. There are several things you can do to sort of offset that." -- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...day-vs-chiefs/1

This was on the ticker at the bottom of ESPN, but it seems ESPN.com has not put up an article.

This is TATF's, but I must say that all QB's in the NFL want to start. Michael Vick is no longer a member of the Atlanta FALCONS. IMO Real FALCONS fans could care less about hearing about someone who almost destroyed the franchise. And I am a REAL FALCONS FAN! It's time to move on. We have a QB right now "MATT RYAN" AKA "MATTY ICE" that is IMO already better than michael vick at his best will ever be. For one thing "HE IS A QUARTER BACK", not a "WILD BACK" so to speak. A QB is not a RB, there is no hybrid, yeah they make those running plays but in order to be called a QB the player has to be able to pass the ball with efficiency, michael vick NEVER DONE that regardless of what the stats say. JMO..............

Yep...

He must not realize that he's not that good. He says he still has the speed and quickness to run an offense. It's been 2 years and he hasnt realized he needs more than that. That's one reason why he's not a starter. He never developed into being a QB. As he said he is the Wildcat originator, which is the only thing he does. It's actually sad that Philly feels they have to turn to that in order to have a little success. But oh well. Its their L's, not ours

Atleast Vick is exciting not like the QB we have now, who mind you I do have A LOT of respect for. He just doesn't make things exciting like Vick did.

I was just going to blow by this thread, but I have to interject here. I was a huge Vick fan and he was electric, no doubt. However, if you aren't excited by what our current QB is doing on the field - I'm sorry for you.

I swear I have NEVER had as much fun at the games as I did last year and so far this year. From the nail biting to the last second victories, he is exciting to see on the field. I thought my heart would give out during the Bears game.

So, yeah - Vick was exciting - but so is Ryan. Vick is exciting because you never know when he's going to take off as a RB and do some crazy flip in the air like Superman, making people miss as he goes. But, hey - I think my heart stopped last year when Matt tried his

Superman dive into the endzone and landed on his head - and Blalock scooped it up for the TD! I think it stopped when Matt threw that pass with 6 seconds left to Jenkins who got out of bounds and left 1 second on the clock for the win! I think it stopped when Matt tossed the ball in the air to show his empty hands to the defense - just to turn around and throw the TD. ****, I still can't stop laughing over Gonzo having 4 defenders bump heads over the top of his body in this past weeks game.

So - if you haven't had any excitement from this team - I am really sorry for you and I mean that from the bottom of my still ticking (thank goodness) heart!

This stupid *** mutha ***** actually thought he was gonna return as some teams starter after missing 2 full seasons and knowing he was gonna gonna face some type of in season suspension. LMFAO.

lol, i agree..when i seen this come across the sports ticker on espn, i almost fell out laughing. First this dude says he is grateful for the opportunity to get another chance and will do WHATEVER it takes. Then he comes back weeks later and says this is not the scenerio he thought would happen. He should of signed with the bengals if he wanted to taste the field as a starting QB..Im sure they would of stooped that low to put carson palmer on the bench and bump mike up to starter.

I was just going to blow by this thread, but I have to interject here. I was a huge Vick fan and he was electric, no doubt. However, if you aren't excited by what our current QB is doing on the field - I'm sorry for you.

I swear I have NEVER had as much fun at the games as I did last year and so far this year. From the nail biting to the last second victories, he is exciting to see on the field. I thought my heart would give out during the Bears game.

So, yeah - Vick was exciting - but so is Ryan. Vick is exciting because you never know when he's going to take off as a RB and do some crazy flip in the air like Superman, making people miss as he goes. But, hey - I think my heart stopped last year when Matt tried his

Superman dive into the endzone and landed on his head - and Blalock scooped it up for the TD! I think it stopped when Matt threw that pass with 6 seconds left to Jenkins who got out of bounds and left 1 second on the clock for the win! I think it stopped when Matt tossed the ball in the air to show his empty hands to the defense - just to turn around and throw the TD. ****, I still can't stop laughing over Gonzo having 4 defenders bump heads over the top of his body in this past weeks game.

So - if you haven't had any excitement from this team - I am really sorry for you and I mean that from the bottom of my still ticking (thank goodness) heart!

/thread