I like being the underdog| I like flying under the radar.

kirbyr

I can understand wanting to be the underdog (I have $100 on the 49ers +3.5 and I'm getting 2.7:1 :P) But if I hear my team say they are underdogs I get deflated. That is basically admitting that the other team is better than you.

But that is no where near as bad as the cliche "Flying under the radar" speech. This is the NFL, if a team is flying under the radar someone is not doing their job. The Redskins are facing the Lions this week, they are "flying under the radar" but I'll bet everything in my name that they are game planning against Calvin Johnson.

All this is nice for talking heads, but I'll gladly drink a truck of Koolaid if you guys won't help me.

I can understand wanting to be the underdog (I have $100 on the 49ers +3.5 and I'm getting 2.7:1 :P) But if I hear my team say they are underdogs I get deflated. That is basically admitting that the other team is better than you.

But that is no where near as bad as the cliche "Flying under the radar" speech. This is the NFL, if a team is flying under the radar someone is not doing their job. The Redskins are facing the Lions this week, they are "flying under the radar" but I'll bet everything in my name that they are game planning against Calvin Johnson.

All this is nice for talking heads, but I'll gladly drink a truck of Koolaid if you guys won't help me.

I agree. If someone thinks that, say, the Pats are not going to game plan for us hard, because we're "under the radar," then they're mistaken.