This comment from Ryan

SWIFT HITTER

Former Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan is looking forward to returning to the area Sunday when he leads the Falcons against the Patriots at Gillette Stadium.comments.jpgDiscussCOMMENTS (7) “It’s a part of the country that I love, and it has a special place in my heart from my days with BC,’’ said Ryan, a first-round selection (No. 3 overall) of the Falcons in 2008 who has guided them to a 2-0 start this season. “I’ll be excited to get back and I know there’ll be some people at the game I’ll be excited to see.’’

One of those is Patriots defensive lineman Ron Brace, who was a teammate of Ryan’s at BC. Brace said he was eager to meet up with Ryan but had not spoken to him in some time because the quarterback changed his cellphone number.

“I’ll be excited to see him this weekend,’’ said Ryan. “Yeah, well, hopefully not in the backfield. I’ll be excited just to say hello and keep in touch, because Ron was a good teammate and a good friend when I was at BC.’’

Ryan has been back to The Heights twice since joining the Falcons, once in his rookie season to attend a BC-Virginia Tech Thursday night game and another time during the offseason. He said it is unlikely that he would squeeze in a visit to Alumni Stadium for BC’s game Saturday against Wake Forest.

“This is a business trip for us, and that’s how we’re treating it,’’ Ryan said.

This season, Ryan has been all business. He has completed 43 of 63 passes (68.3 percent) for 449 yards, 5 touchdowns, and 1 interception for a 108.5 passer rating.

He set career highs with three touchdown passes and a 78.0 completion percentage against the Panthers in a 28-20 Week 2 triumph.

“All of us there at BC knew Matty’s work ethic, so we know that him working hard was not an issue,’’ Brace said. “So that’s why I’m kind of not surprised at how big of a weapon he is now, because he’s a smart and tough player, so he’s another guy we’ve got to buckle our chinstraps for.’’

Asked if he sensed any difference in his ability to lead the team versus his rookie season, Ryan said, “I feel more comfortable than I did last year. That comes with playing the position; you have to take on some leadership qualities, just because of the position you play. I definitely feel more comfortable with it this year, though.’’

Said Falcons coach Mike Smith, “Matt has earned the right to be a leader on this football team because he’s made a lot of plays.’’

Great one Swift! I will say this. For the first time in my 42 years on this earth, I can say that when we kick off, I get a feeling that we are in the game. I don't care who we play. We will be in it until the end. We will compete, and we have a great chance every week to win. I am proud to say that I am so proud of the Falcons. I am so proud of Mr Blank, Thomas Dimitroff, Coach Smitty, Brian Van Gorder (enjoy him folks he will be a head coach somewhere next year) OUr special teams, our offense, our blindingly fast defense. I am proud to be a FALCONS FAN!! Its only going to get better. The rest of the NFL should sit up and take HEED of us now. Because next year is the year we break out and DESTROY every team in our path. MArk it down. The conquest will be hinted at this year, full scale annihillation of the NFL begins next season.

FEAR US NFL, FOR WE ARE THE FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great one Swift! I will say this. For the first time in my 42 years on this earth, I can say that when we kick off, I get a feeling that we are in the game. I don't care who we play. We will be in it until the end. We will compete, and we have a great chance every week to win. I am proud to say that I am so proud of the Falcons. I am so proud of Mr Blank, Thomas Dimitroff, Coach Smitty, Brian Van Gorder (enjoy him folks he will be a head coach somewhere next year) OUr special teams, our offense, our blindingly fast defense. I am proud to be a FALCONS FAN!! Its only going to get better. The rest of the NFL should sit up and take HEED of us now. Because next year is the year we break out and DESTROY every team in our path. MArk it down. The conquest will be hinted at this year, full scale annihillation of the NFL begins next season.

I like it

:lol:

This team is indeed heading in the right direction, and we have the best coaches. We may have a chance to win it all this year.

I agree with you TOTALLY.

No matter who we play or where we play them...................we have a great chance for victory.

It took MANY years for this franchise to reach this point, but we are indeed there.

I have to say, this is the most excited I have been for a season. I was pumped and excited last year and proud of the acomplishment of making the playoffs with our rookie QB. I know its only 2 weeks into this season, But this year just seems different. Tony brought a new dynamic to this offense, and I have alot of confidence in this defense. I really feel like this team can take down the Pats, and whoever comes our way. Maybe I am setting myself up for dissapointment, my optimism is overwhelming me. Can wait till this game.

this got me pumped

Sorry Swift but that has to be the weakest quote to make a person to believe that I have ever seen. What was the alternative? Going there for a vacation?

no its more then the QUOTE ..he was asked if he is going to the BC game and responded with that quote that shows me he wants this game bad. Im not saying Ryan doesnt want every game but he is going there to prove he is already a star .

no its more then the QUOTE ..he was asked if he is going to the BC game and responded with that quote that shows me he wants this game bad. Im not saying Ryan doesnt want every game but he is going there to prove he is already a star .

I disagree that he is going there to prove he is a star. I think he is going there to try and win a football game.

All I can say is that Matt Ryan has made me believe. I will also throw out there that it is time for us. It has finally arrived. All those years of gimmick coaches, gimmick offenses, gimmick defenses, sorry as **** front offices, pathetic ownership, greedy owners kids, no vision, no heart. Now, like the end of a long, cold, dark winter, it is time to venture out and conquer this MF'er! Gonzo has a few years left, but hopefully by then, he has already taught his replacement all his tricks. Tony is a player to be envied. AND WE STOLE HIM. STOLE HIM I SAY.

The time is now. We now have the confidence, the leadership and the skill to lend out *** whoopings for a change. Its nice knowing that we aren't going to roll over and accept being shat on, week in and week out. A loss is now seen as UNACCEPTABLE. By everyone. From Arthur Blank down to us the fans. So all we can do now is go out, FEAR NO ONE and bring them war like they have never seen..................................

I think your excitement may be stretching that quote quite a bit but it is never a bad thing to see someone so worked up for our team.

Peter King thinks Matty Ice is gonna make the diff.

Atlanta Falcons (2-0) at New England Patriots (1-1)

Talking to Kerry Rhodes after the Jets' beatdown of the Pats, I made this point: New York threw seven, five and six rushers at Brady on the last three Patriots' snaps of the game, and Brady never knew where the rush was coming from. "And on the plays we only rushed three or four, he didn't know if we had more coming, because different guys were coming from different spots all game,'' he said. Now, I think Patriots Nation has to realize the sky is not falling based on eight C-minus quarters so far. But I also think Atlanta makes enough plays with an efficient quarterback (Matt Ryan has studied all aspects of Brady's game, by the way) to outplay Brady in Foxboro.

Prediction: Atlanta Falcons 24, New England Patriots 16

Peter King thinks Matty Ice is gonna make the diff.

Atlanta Falcons (2-0) at New England Patriots (1-1)

Talking to Kerry Rhodes after the Jets' beatdown of the Pats, I made this point: New York threw seven, five and six rushers at Brady on the last three Patriots' snaps of the game, and Brady never knew where the rush was coming from. "And on the plays we only rushed three or four, he didn't know if we had more coming, because different guys were coming from different spots all game,'' he said. Now, I think Patriots Nation has to realize the sky is not falling based on eight C-minus quarters so far. But I also think Atlanta makes enough plays with an efficient quarterback (Matt Ryan has studied all aspects of Brady's game, by the way) to outplay Brady in Foxboro.

Prediction: Atlanta Falcons 24, New England Patriots 16

Gettin some love from the king, I like it