Braves at Nationals

=abrahamburger=

Series Outcome  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Braves fair this weekend in Washington?

• Sweep the Nationals
    • Win 2/3
    • Lose 2/3
    • Reds Sweep Revisited

Highly unlikely but still a chance, the Braves sit 4 games back of the Rockies and the magic # is 7. The Braves are playing out of their minds right now (too little too late IMO) and it feels like that old trick: Just close enough to watch. Just when you thought they were out, they pulled you back in.

I will be interested once again when we start on Friday, but not confident.

God, I just really want to see this pitching staff in the playoffs. Please lord, I never ask for anything, but just give me this one request.

I know. That was a remarkable performance by Javy. I really feel that JJ, Javy, Hanson, and Hudson could take us far. Even if we don't make the playoffs this year, we are set up very nicely for next year. We will have a full year with McLouth, Prado starting, no Francoeur sucking, no KJ sucking on an everyday basis, Escobar continues to progress, and hopefully Heyward can make the opening day roster and make a big impact. 90 wins this year would be nice this year, though.

Time to watch the Cards-Rockies now.

I just *HAD* to ask the staff at The Vortex to put on the Braves game. It was nice to see a few others cheering/into the game, but not so great seeing my girlfriend smitten because I ignored her to watch it.

Oh well. Go Cardinals (you owe us/John Smoltz from 2006 when we beat the Astros, you clinched the last day, and did the tomahawk chop in your stadium)!

It's like they finally figured out how good they are and played to their potential.

Too late? Hope not.

Sweep the Nationals (everyone else does) and be 1.5 games back at the end of Sunday.

Things are looking pretty good right now as long as they keep winning and hopefully they win tomorrow and sweep the Nationals as they should have been doing all season long.

Things are looking pretty good right now as long as they keep winning and hopefully they win tomorrow and sweep the Nationals as they should have been doing all season long.

Yep, things are looking really good right now. We just have to keep winning. We have to keep riding this hot streak, finish the series tomorrow with a win, sweep the Marlins (worst-case scenario win 2/3), and then sweep the Nationals again. I'm not too worried about the Nats, it's the Marlins. I know they are gonna come into Turner Field wanting to crush our playoff hopes. Hopefully we'll rise to the occasion. I really want to see how we would do in the playoffs. We just have to take care of business and also root for the Cardinals, Brewers and Dodgers to beat up on the Rockies these next 8 games.

Also the Phillies lost yet again to the Brewers, and we're 5 out in the division. The Phillies would have to lose at least 5 of the next 8 and us win out for there to be a tie. I don't see the Phillies pulling an epic collaps (i.e. like the Mets did 2 years in a row). I think they will eventually clinch the east, hopefully at the very end of the season after we can do what we have to do in the wildcard.

6-0 on the road trip. That's just sick. I know the competition was lackluster, but any time you haven't done something since 2001, it's special.

If the Rockies lose today, it's time for a lot of folks to jump back on the bandwagon. They're winning 4-3 in the 5th inning right now.