Chris Houston

Jaymadd

I am actually kind of proud of what Houston was able to do yesterday, I was highly disappointed with that poor attempt at a tackle against Williams on the TD run but overall Houston has shown improvement.

He was able to make some key tackles during the game. I also like the attempt that Houston made at the slant pass that Jake threw to Delhomme during the game, which is something that i have not seen from him in a long time. I know that HOuston gave up a few passes but they were great throws and it was very little that Houston could have done to defend those passes, but he did get his head around on one of those longer passes. I just need HOuston to continue to improve and we dont need the Houston of the preseason to show up at any time this season.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd

I really didn't put too much stock into Houston's preseason performance because of his hamstring problems. He was awful at the beginning of that game on Sunday, and it was great to see him rebound like that.

When you say Awful what did you see that was soo awful, maybe i need to go back and re-re watch the game. Peyton you know we see stuff different sometimes, probably because you need glasses. :D

When you say Awful what did you see that was soo awful, maybe i need to go back and re-re watch the game. Peyton you know we see stuff different sometimes, probably because you need glasses. :D

LOL well yeah maybe I do. I thought on the deep in that Steve Smith hit early that Chris played it really lazy, then he made a very poor effort on the TD run. It was just two very ugly plays. I'm not hating on him, I have consistently been one of his biggest defenders on this board, he just had a bad start to the game.

LOL well yeah maybe I do. I thought on the deep in that Steve Smith hit early that Chris played it really lazy, then he made a very poor effort on the TD run. It was just two very ugly plays. I'm not hating on him, I have consistently been one of his biggest defenders on this board, he just had a bad start to the game.

Well i know he got beat on some long passes but i thought that they were great passes, but i will re-watch, but i am still kind of proud of Houston game overall

I thought he played pretty decent too. Steve Smith is unstoppable when Delhomme is throwing that way. Houston was right there for most of them but the ball was just out of reach. Smith makes a lot of dbs look bad so I thought it was huge for Houston and his confidence for him to read Smith's route and make the play on that game saving int.

I thought he played pretty decent too. Steve Smith is unstoppable when Delhomme is throwing that way. Houston was right there for most of them but the ball was just out of reach. Smith makes a lot of dbs look bad so I thought it was huge for Houston and his confidence for him to read Smith's route and make the play on that game saving int.

Yeah that INt should help his confidence, especially since he is going to be playing Brady, Moss, Welker.

I am actually kind of proud of what Houston was able to do yesterday, I was highly disappointed with that poor attempt at a tackle against Williams on the TD run but overall Houston has shown improvement.

He was able to make some key tackles during the game. I also like the attempt that Houston made at the slant pass that Jake threw to Delhomme during the game, which is something that i have not seen from him in a long time. I know that HOuston gave up a few passes but they were great throws and it was very little that Houston could have done to defend those passes, but he did get his head around on one of those longer passes. I just need HOuston to continue to improve and we dont need the Houston of the preseason to show up at any time this season.

+1 for just calling it how you see it. As I recall you weren't exactly a fan of Houston last time I checked. I agree and hopefully he'll continue to push him self to continue to develop. At this rate in a year or two he'll be a shutdown corner. Who knows, but props to him and hope he keeps getting better.

+1 for just calling it how you see it. As I recall you weren't exactly a fan of Houston last time I checked. I agree and hopefully he'll continue to push him self to continue to develop. At this rate in a year or two he'll be a shutdown corner. Who knows, but props to him and hope he keeps getting better.

You are right my friend i am a HOuston doubter, i support him because he is a Falcons but overall i still doubt his ability to be what we need him to be, but it is still a chance. I really want him to be that Shutdown Corner you mention but i have my doubts, but it is good to see him trying to improve his ball skills and route recognition ability.

Man Houston's performance was just barely OK! He was still getting beat for the most part. The dude make a play or two and you guys are saying he's improving. That's too quick for me to be saying that. Let's see him improve over a few more games, not just ONE GAME. Cause if he plays bad against the Patriots, you are gonna be saying he's sorry again. Houston is "...who we thought he was". He still sucks in my book. Not BAD suck, just suck.

Man Houston's performance was just barely OK! He was still getting beat for the most part. The dude make a play or two and you guys are saying he's improving. That's too quick for me to be saying that. Let's see him improve over a few more games, not just ONE GAME. Cause if he plays bad against the Patriots, you are gonna be saying he's sorry again. Houston is "...who we thought he was". He still sucks in my book. Not BAD suck, just suck.

I hope you noticed i said he needs to continue to improve and not regress. YOu just mad that Grimes might be replaced before Houston. :lol:

I am not mad, Grimes ain't going nowhere. He just ain't out there because he's a poor tackler. But you better believe coach will have him in there on obvious passing downs. He's our best COVER back. He's gonna be on the field a lot during the Patriots game because they hardly ever run plays with just 2 WR. Great challenge for our secondary.

I also like the attempt that Houston made at the slant pass that Jake threw to Delhomme during the game, which is something that i have not seen from him in a long time.

I havn't seen him throw a pass to himself in a long time as well :lol:

sorry man, just had too.

****, Grimes was the one that almost allowed that tipped pass to be caught when he knocked it out of Finneran's hands at the end of the game. Finn had that pass completely intercepted and Grimes came from behind to knock it out. Can we bench him now?

Man Grimes got some major ups, he outjumped all the players in that area.

Man Grimes got some major ups, he outjumped all the players in that area.

I agree. It was a very athletic play. BUT, he seriously needs to calm down on a play like that. Finn has the height and they put him in there for a reason. No need for Grimey to overdo it. That could have cost us 6+.

What did I miss????? What did Houston do yesterday?

AutoMax you need to go sit the bench. That's the whole purpose of a defense on hail marrys is to hit the ball down, not try and catch it. Grimes was doing the right thing. What if when Finn was trying to catch it and instead of Grimes being the one to out jump Finn, that be a WR on the other team out jumping him and catches the ball over Finn for the TD. Never thought about that huh? Hit the ball down, don't take any chances.

AutoMax you need to go sit the bench. That's the whole purpose of a defense on hail marrys is to hit the ball down, not try and catch it. Grimes was doing the right thing. What if when Finn was trying to catch it and instead of Grimes being the one to out jump Finn, that be a WR on the other team out jumping him and catches the ball over Finn for the TD. Never thought about that huh? Hit the ball down, don't take any chances.

And you need to learn something about the game of football. You don't knock the ball out of your fellow players' hands. EVER. Go watch some film.

Edit: And there were no defenders jumping as high as the two of our guys.