Dimitroff on 790 this Morning

BirdzEyeView

OR is there some type of "love fest" when it comes to the Patriots??? I mean...I can understand being respectful of your opponent(s), but for a minute, I almost thought TD was the GM for the Patriots again with all the homage he paid to Brady!! :huh:

All this league wide love affair with Brady and Patriots (a team that SHOULD be 0 -2 for the season) in recent history makes me SICK to my stomach!! :wacko: Yes, they've been successful in recent...AND...Yes, they have pretty good players on offense. But, the last time I checked the Falcons record and personnel (especially on offense) we weren't CHOPPED LIVER EITHER!

ENOUGH with this bull$%&@...I hope our team goes up there and beats them by 4 TDs to serve notice that we are a CONTENDER!! The Pats DEFINITELY can be beat, based on what I've seen so far this year, and I hope to see a victory in our favor when the 4th Qtr clock reads .....0:00!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!! :D

I don't think it's necessarily a butt kissing convention. I think that most organizations in the NFL, ours included, think that they have built their team the right way and have a lot of respect for what they do as an organization. I think it's more of an admiration than anything else, and who can blame anyone they have what every team or fan of a team wants....Superbowl rings! That doesn't mean we can't kick their butts on Sunday though! Go Falcons!

Well, considering that he worked for this organization for years, and they recommended him for this job, yeah, I'd have nothing but good things to say too. He owes them a lot, and honestly, so do we.

And sorry, but the Patriots have won 3 superbowls and had a fourth stolen from them on a fluke. That's called EARNING RESPECT. Something the Falcons have yet to do on anything resembling that scale.

If you listen to the phonecall from ATL media to Bilichick, he was singing ATL's prises too. Its just respect for other organizations. Additionally, neither person wants to give any words for the opposing team to use as fuel to work harder.

To hear Belichick tell it, you would think the Patriots were playing the '72 Dolphins.

If you listen to the phonecall from ATL media to Bilichick, he was singing ATL's prises too. Its just respect for other organizations. Additionally, neither person wants to give any words for the opposing team to use as fuel to work harder.

This and you don't want your players to ever get over confident. That is how you get upset and have let downs. Got to stay humble and hungry.

Perhaps you were expecting the Rex Ryan approach? Even on the head coach level he strayed fare from the norm. The higher up you go the less options you have for future jobs as compared to the lower ranks. Don't burn your bridges. Besides what's wrong with showing respect to someone who has achieved quite a lot in a short time. I think most people are burnout with the love affair of the Patriots and it's time for a new champion of the next decade say like um, I don't know, The Atlanta Falcons.

I think most people are burnout with the love affair of the Patriots and it's time for a new champion of the next decade say like um, I don't know, The Atlanta Falcons.

That's my point EXACTLY!!! Every sports analyst/radio host you listen to seems to be all in the CRACK of the Patriots's a$$es...ENOUGH already!!!! Last I checked they didn't win the Super Bowl last year or even the year before that to warrant the attention they get!!!

That's my point EXACTLY!!! Every sports analyst/radio host you listen to seems to be all in the CRACK of the Patriots's a$$es...ENOUGH already!!!! Last I checked they didn't win the Super Bowl last year or even the year before that to warrant the attention they get!!!

Lot of people prefer to jump on the bandwagon of winning teams... the Pats won 3 Super Bowls by 3 points each then lose another by 3 points and are called a dynasty... What about Spygate?

Sorry, but when I think of dynasty I think of the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers and 90's Cowboys. They didn't lose.

Rule 1

Do not ever trash talk your Opponent.

That will motivate them each and every time.

Rule 2

Speak well of your opponent.

They will relax and let down their guard.

Fact:

Every time I have seen a superior player brag about

destroying the lesser player, the superior player loses.

Why is this?

You just placed pressure upon yourself.

Fact:

The key to wining is being relaxed.

Do not worry about the win, concern yourself

only with playing at a High Level or Better.

If you play at your very best and take a loss, then

you have no shame and are left with the hunger for another

game to be played at a High Level. Win or Lose.

When you compete against the Best Players in the World

you must have the above mindset.

It is a wise thing to be respectful to your opponent, whether you see the upcoming contest as a challenge or as a rout. I applaude TD for being a gentleman.

But let me say that I see the trend turning. Some of the stronger teams are being challenged. I think that the plan to cause more parity in the league is actually working. No more dynastys like in the old days. The Falcons are a few players away from being dominant, and hopefully they can stay that way for a few years and maybe bring home the Lombardi.

Look, TD, Smitty, and Bill Belichick are all successful professionals, not some losers who have to trash talk their way thru life to create their own self esteem. They show respect when it is due and in the NFL when it comes to franchises and front office management people, it is due 98% of the time.

(I left off the 2% for Al Davis.............LOL)

i think TD has a lot of respect for the pats and vice versa. like it's been said in this thread if it wasn't for the pats, TD wouldn't be in the position he is right now. on the flipside if TD wasn't the pats head of scouting belichick probably wouldn't have the players scouted the same way he did.

i was watching belichick's PC on patriots.com and he was talking about how much TD helped them become the team they are and how far back they went (all the way to cleveland in 91) and just by the way belichick was talking about him you could tell he has a bunch of respect for him.