PFF, Jamaal Anderson gets playing time cut in half..

xFalconLord

During the 2008 season, Jamaal Anderson played 52.15 snaps per game. After a dismal season, Jamaal Anderson wasnt promised anything in the offseason. He is being pushed by Kroy Biermann and Chauncey Davis, but has managed to hold on to his starting role. Even though he maintains that title, he is quickly being phased out of this defense.

Currently Jamaal Anderson has played 27 snaps per game in 2009. That is roughly half the playing time that he enjoyed in the 2008 season.

Week 1:

Jamaal had 31 snaps (16 against the run, and 15 against the pass)

Biermann had 30 snaps (9 against run, 21 against pass)

Week 2:

Jamaal had 23 snaps (15 against run, and 8 against pass)

Biermann had 39 snaps (9 against run and 29 against pass)

Do you notice a trend? Both players saw the same number of snaps against the run from week 1 to week 2. The difference is that KB71 took more snaps from Jamaal in passing downs because of his success in passing situations week 1. That is a definitive trend.

Not only are Jamaal's snaps being cut in half, but he is also losing pass rushing opportunities very rapidly. Conversely, Biermann is seeing his snaps increased especially in pass rushing situations. This is a trend that we will continue to follow this season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes... The Staff is using Kroy as the pass rusher on pass rushing downs...After game one Kroy Biermann earned more snaps....... I'm trying to see how will the Coaching Staff work in Lawrence Sidbury some...... They love his pass rushing skills but Kroy has earn the right to get his snaps

yes... The Staff is using Kroy as the pass rusher on pass rushing downs...After game one Kroy Biermann earned more snaps....... I'm trying to see how will the Coaching Staff work in Lawrence Sidbury some...... They love his pass rushing skills but Kroy has earn the right to get his snaps

I have been told that he (Sidbury) and Davis will see time at DT.

Maybe he got more snaps last year because there was no one to replace him

Davis subbed for JA55 a lot last year and Bierman was a rookie and they limited his play

Fraser was Anderson's backup last year, how often did he get in the games??

Maybe Anderson had to play more last year

And maybe all this is wrong and maybe the reason his number of plays has gone down is what the coaches said

about doing situational match ups per play per game and that the match would change each player time from week to week

Do you think JA55s reduced role means they are phasing him out? They've slashed his snaps way down from what he was getting by the previous 2 staffs......hmm.

You guys read between the lines better than me.

You're pathetic! You can't even see things for what they are.

They slashed JA55's snaps last year...the first year Smitty was HC, and he produces better that way.

Smitty cut JA98's snaps this year, the second year under Smitty....because he is not performing.

I know you're not this dumb, but figured I'd clear the air anyway. Another Gazoo myth and lie BUSTED!

During the 2008 season, Jamaal Anderson played 52.15 snaps per game. After a dismal season, Jamaal Anderson wasnt promised anything in the offseason. He is being pushed by Kroy Biermann and Chauncey Davis, but has managed to hold on to his starting role. Even though he maintains that title, he is quickly being phased out of this defense.

Currently Jamaal Anderson has played 27 snaps per game in 2009. That is roughly half the playing time that he enjoyed in the 2008 season.

Week 1:

Jamaal had 31 snaps (16 against the run, and 15 against the pass)

Biermann had 30 snaps (9 against run, 21 against pass)

Week 2:

Jamaal had 23 snaps (15 against run, and 8 against pass)

Biermann had 39 snaps (9 against run and 29 against pass)

Do you notice a trend? Both players saw the same number of snaps against the run from week 1 to week 2. The difference is that KB71 took more snaps from Jamaal in passing downs because of his success in passing situations week 1. That is a definitive trend.

Not only are Jamaal's snaps being cut in half, but he is also losing pass rushing opportunities very rapidly. Conversely, Biermann is seeing his snaps increased especially in pass rushing situations. This is a trend that we will continue to follow this season.

I notice a trend but not the one I wanna see which is start The Beer Man or Chauncey at LDE. Busterson did nothing against the run in those 31 plays. Definitely nothing in the 23 pass plays. Absolutely nothing. Shameful.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe his snaps are down from last year because we are rotating our d-line more this year, and the real reason his snaps are down from game one to game two was because our defense was on the field less against the Panties (remember, we completely dominated the 3rd quarter)?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be playing more. I'm simply pointing out how misleading these stats are.

I agree that if we don't see some serious improvement in his play from last year it is going to be very concerning to me as well. I have questions at this point, don;t get me wrong.

You made the above quote in March 2008. How did JA98 play last year? You said if we didn't see some SERIOUS improvement in his play from 2007 then it will be VERY CONCERNING to you.

I'm curious Gazoo, are you VERY CONCERNED at this point, since in 2008 we certainly, clearly, undeniably DID NOT see SERIOUS IMPROVEMENT in JA98? Because you don't sound very concerned to me, you only sound like you're constantly making up excuses for his lack of performance.

Like the excuses below:

While many point out they felt he "looked slow", I saw something different. I saw Anderson getting tied up in blocks and getting held at times (not blatant holds, but ones that held him up for a 1/2 second or so)

When it comes to sacks, it comes to a matter of a fraction of a second most of the time. If you are busy playing pattycake with the RT all game on passing downs it is going to prevent you from getting sacks.

Why is he busy playing pattycake??

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe his snaps are down from last year because we are rotating our d-line more this year, and the real reason his snaps are down from game one to game two was because our defense was on the field less against the Panties (remember, we completely dominated the 3rd quarter)?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be playing more. I'm simply pointing out how misleading these stats are.

Did it ever occur to anyone that in the last eight or nine games Busterson has been benched in passing situations for either The Beer Man, Chauncey or Nic? I'm jus askin.

I notice a trend but not the one I wanna see which is start The Beer Man or Chauncey at LDE. Busterson did nothing against the run in those 31 plays. Absolutely nothing. Shameful.

Davis, Beirman, Abe, Babs, Johnon, Jerry ........... NO ONE did anything in the run game against the panthers.

What is shameful is people picking on one player for not doing much when no one else on the dline did anything either.

Did it ever occur to anyone that in the last eight or nine games Busterson has been benched in passing situations for either The Beer Man, Chauncey or Nic? I'm jus askin.

:lol: Or maybe "The Beer Man, Chauncey, and Nic" are being benched on running downs. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Tell me something Fraud, do you think Busterson is spending too much time in the strip clubs? You know, he is black and all.

:lol: Or maybe "The Beer Man, Chauncey, and Nic" are being benched on running downs. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Tell me something Fraud, do you think Busterson is spending too much time in the strip clubs? You know, he is black and all.

Well I spend quite a bit of time in ATL strip clubs with my clients and I have never seen Busterson. Ever.

Abraham, Milloy, Rod Coleman, Hines Ward, Jamal Lewis, Champ Bailey, Takeo Spikes....ugh yeah. That's just in the few times I've been in the club.

That last part wasn't needed bud.

I really have watched Anderson and have not been content at all with his production in any phase of the game. I am willing to agree that he see less reps because of the new trend in keeping the d line fresh.

I also think we will see Sidbury find himself in the rotation sooner or later.

If i had to take snaps from Predator, Davis, Beerman, or Anderson.

I would reduce Anderson's times by the most. I would try to keep play makers on the field as much as I could.

Davis, Beirman, Abe, Babs, Johnon, Jerry ........... NO ONE did anything in the run game against the panthers.

What is shameful is people picking on one player for not doing much when no one else on the dline did anything either.

We're not talking about the Panther game. We're talking about a body of Top 10 NFL DE work bro. Post them stats.

This year, Anderson will learn how to use his hands and then we will see what we have in thias player.

We willl get to see what we really have in Jamaal this year. To claim you know how he is going to turn out after his rookie campaign is like throwing darts blindfolded.

Last year, Anderson did not have a good coach, he had Petrinos college DL coach

This year we will be in a position to know what we have in Anderson, anyone asting him aside as a waste at this point doesn't have a legitimate argument to back that up.

Also, it sure will be nice to see what Hamilton can do with Jamaal this year. Blalock also suffered under the tutlage of a college offensive line coach last season. Both our new linemen had their own struggles inn their rookie campaigns yet we only hear about Andersons from some around here.

This year we will get to see what we have in both Blalock and Anderson as last year they both had terrible college position coaches, and it is the position coaches job to teach these linemen the nuances of the game such as technigue, hand placement and so forth.

You were 100% right Gazoo. In the 2008 season, we got to see what we had in JA98, after having a REAL coach and JA98 learning to use his hands.

BTW....how did the 2008 season turn out for Jamaal? It couldn't have been very good with the way everyone....coaches, pundits, experts, himself....all agree that he needs to step it up or step off.

That last part wasn't needed bud.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

I'm not one to cry racism on every little thing that happens (and it ticks me off when others do this). But Fraud's statement where he said something to the tune of "it's a tradition for BLACK NFL players to go to strip clubs" (paraphrasing here) is one of the most racist comments I have ever read. And I'm not afraid to call him out on it (even though I mostly keep him on ignore because the thought of conversing with such a racist truly disgusts me). And as you can tell by his reply, he stands by his sentiment.

But in the spirit of turning the other cheek, I'll just ignore him again (which I really hate doing to anyone).

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

I'm not one to cry racism on every little thing that happens (and it ticks me off when others do this). But Fraud's statement where he said something to the tune of "it's a tradition for BLACK NFL players to go to strip clubs" (paraphrasing here) is one of the most racist comments I have ever read. And I'm not afraid to call him out on it (even though I mostly keep him on ignore because the thought of conversing with such a racist truly disgusts me). And as you can tell by his reply, he stands by his sentiment.

But in the spirit of turning the other cheek, I'll just ignore him again (which I really hate doing to anyone).

I just hate when racism gets in any discussion it limits the range of the debate, and really ties our back to having a good spirited fun conversation. So I am probably the one who should apologize for assuming it wasn't needed.

They cut Abraham's snaps back last year. That wasn't terrible.

Also, the styles of Miami vs Carolina have to be considered. Jamal seems to be a better run stopping DE who generally stays at home and doesn't get caught too far up field on running downs. That would be beneficial against a team like the Dolphins, who seem determined to stretch the field with running plays rather than a passing game.

Carolina does like to run the ball, which they did just as much as the Dolphins did, but they also threw the ball 6 more times. You could argue that Carolina was in more "pass only" downs than were the Dolphins. Hence, Beerman got a lot more snaps because our D Coordinators perceived Carolina was going to throw it around a lot more.

The trend will continue this weekend in New England. They are going to try and throw it on us, and pressure on the QB will be a must have for us defense. Whomever is getting pressure will be in there. That probably will be Beerman.

I thought Anderson had a solid first game. I don't know so much about the second game. But he is still a big part of our team, regardless of starts, snaps, etc... With Jerry going down, we are going to need everyone on the DLine to step up.

I just hate when racism gets in any discussion it limits the range of the debate, and really ties our back to having a good spirited fun conversation. So I am probably the one who should apologize for assuming it wasn't needed.

No need to apologize. You're right. Bringing it in a discussion does usually lead to chaos. That's why I'll just try to ignore him (again). It still really ticks me off, though.

They cut Abraham's snaps back last year. That wasn't terrible.

Also, the styles of Miami vs Carolina have to be considered. Jamal seems to be a better run stopping DE who generally stays at home and doesn't get caught too far up field on running downs. That would be beneficial against a team like the Dolphins, who seem determined to stretch the field with running plays rather than a passing game.

Carolina does like to run the ball, which they did just as much as the Dolphins did, but they also threw the ball 6 more times. You could argue that Carolina was in more "pass only" downs than were the Dolphins. Hence, Beerman got a lot more snaps because our D Coordinators perceived Carolina was going to throw it around a lot more.

The trend will continue this weekend in New England. They are going to try and throw it on us, and pressure on the QB will be a must have for us defense. Whomever is getting pressure will be in there. That probably will be Beerman.

I thought Anderson had a solid first game. I don't know so much about the second game. But he is still a big part of our team, regardless of starts, snaps, etc... With Jerry going down, we are going to need everyone on the DLine to step up.

You bring up a good point with the style of offense we are playing. A team trying to pound the rock (such as the Phins and Panties try to do) would certainly call for more run stuffers on the line.

Whereas, the Patriots like to fling it around.

I wouldn't mind seeing us start the game with as many pass rushers as possible.

We're not talking about the Panther game. We're talking about a body of Top 10 NFL DE work bro. Post them stats.

Exactly, there is only enough hate for one player, and right now that's JA98. The rest of the DL doesn't have to do anything until he's gone. They all get a free pass until then.