My early Mock Draft

atljbo

Atlanta Falcons trade their 1st round pick and 5th for a 2nd and 3rd round pick…. I believe Thomas Dimitroff will trade our 1st round pick for more picks (2nd and 3rd round) because we do not have any major holes…. Its more about our young players getting more experience….

340x.jpg

2nd round: 6’0 200lbs CB Perrish Cox

Perrish Cox has similar traits to Darrell Revis….. Both are 2 big well put together CB’s , both are playmakers (both also returned kicks in college. Cox is better tho), both plays with 4.4 speed, and both are great tackling CB’s…Cox can play both cover 2 or man coverage… Perrish Cox will finally give us a #1 CB (Chris Houston, Chris Owens, and Tye Hill can fight for that 2nd CB spot) …… I can show you the Tackling stats or Int stat (6 ints.. not including this year) but the most impressive stat I like about Perrish Cox is that he has 28 pass deflections so far in his college career…. That’s really impressive… The guy is always around the ball….. Not only does the guy have shutdown CB potential but PC is also a great kick and punt returner.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

2784714318833544305JasonFoxUCF.jpg

3rd round: 6’6 315lbs LT/RT Jason Fox

Think of Sam Baker but a little bigger and a little more of a mean streak…. This is our future RT….. Jason Fox freshman and junior seasons, he did not allow a single sack… During his sophomore year Jason Fox graded out at 96%..... But like Sam Baker, Jason Fox has dealt with minor injuries throughout his college career (only missed one game tho) ….. Jason Fox has the foot work to easily play LT but we will play Fox at RT to give us 2 bookends at OT… Sam Baker and Jason Fox (similar to the ravens Jared Gaither and Michael Oher)…. Jason Fox is the Leader on the U’s roster…. We all know how TD love leadership in his draft picks. (Graded out at 97 percent in 2008 and 96 percent in 2007 while tallying 21 pancake blocks the last two seasons as the full-time starter at left tackle)

image_7583369.jpg

3rd round: 6’2 235lbs LB Roddrick Muckelroy

I really like Roddrick Muckelroy....... Roddrick Muckelroy is a fast, aggressive, good zone playing, and attacking type LB.... Roddrick Muckelroy is a sideline to sideline type LB that would fit nicely in our scheme..... The guy can play SLB and WLB.....Muckelroy is similar to Stephen Nicholas in the way that both can play some DE on rushing downs if needed.

1402509775_562a2abb32_o.jpg

4th round: 6’2 212lbs WR Riley Cooper

Riley Cooper is a guy that can play in the slot and also out there on the boundary…… Cooper has great hands, good blocker, and good speed….. The guy is also a good special team player…. I can see Riley Cooper come in and take over Fins 4th WR role.

jr88qw.jpg

4th round:(comp) : 6’3 315lbs DT Jay Ross

I feel like Jay Ross can be the final piece to our 4 DT rotation…. Jay Ross is a Big/Strong DT that clog up the middle but he is also athletic enough to create penetration up the middle… Ive seen this guy completely dominate in a couple of games…Last year Jay Ross produced 48 tackles,9.5 for loss and 4.5 sacks

5th round: Trade

austin20lane202.jpgGQPEHEJEWXWVNSX.20090506220020.jpg

5th round (comp): 6’6 255bs DE Austen Lane

Thomas Dimitroff has done it again…. First Kroy Biermann, then Lawrence Sidbury, and now his latest FCS DE gem is Austen Lane….. Austen Lane is another high-motor speed rusher but he also has the body to become a complete DE…. Austen Lane was a complete beast last year.. Lane produced 6’3 Tackles, 22 Tackles for Loss,12 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles…… Austen Lane is raw like Sidbury so he will come in as a pure pass rusher for now…. His upside is ridiculous…. His body easily can hold 275lbs and not lose any speed…… They call this guy the FCS version of Michael Johnson (Meaning that he is a freakish athlete)… Austen Lane will run a 4.6 at nest years combine… Dude is that fast

6th round: 6'1 200lbs K Aaron Pettrey

Its about time for us to start thinking about a younger kicker (not just because elam is missing kicks…. His age mainly) ….. Aaron Pettrey has a rocket on his leg… I’ve seen Aaron Pettrey make a 54 yard field goal with ease….. Aaron is a pretty accurate kicker and he can also do kickoffs (Averaged 62.9 yards per kickoff in 2008 with 13 touchbacks)

What happened to the 1st round pick my good man. I like Cox 1st game but i wonder how he did against HOuston, because they were putting up points left and right against Ok State. I like the fact you wanted a DT, but instead of a WR we need a TE 4 real. The DE you picked is cool but we dont need another situational pass rusher IMHO, but welcome back

cox really impressed me in the UGA game. he shut AJ green down. he only had 2 or 3 catches i think.

Not only that but the next game he shut down houston's super freshman WR Charles Sims..... In Charles Sims 1st week he had 6 rec ,128 yards, and 1 TD....... During the 2nd week when Cox checked him Charles Sims had 5 rec 46 yards

Not only that but the next game he shut down houston's super freshman WR Charles Sims..... In Charles Sims 1st week he had 6 rec ,128 yards, and 1 TD....... During the 2nd week when Cox checked him Charles Sims had 5 rec 46 yards

Jbo know dude you know about Adkins, so i would rather use that LB pick on Pitta the TE from BYU.

What happened to the 1st round pick my good man. I like Cox 1st game but i wonder how he did against HOuston, because they were putting up points left and right against Ok State. I like the fact you wanted a DT, but instead of a WR we need a TE 4 real. The DE you picked is cool but we dont need another situational pass rusher IMHO, but welcome back

Thanks... it feels good to be back.

Oh Cox shutdown Huston phenom rookie WR Charles Sims..... dude had 5 rec for 46 yeards.......

Yea i had to add a DT....... I did not add a DT because of the Peria Jerry thing..... When i was banned i was told that Atlanta scouts are heavily scouting DT's.... They were doing that before the Peria Jerry injury tho....... Thomas Dimitroff really want to have a elite 4 DT rotation..... I had to say it but i think Thomas Johnson is the this year's Jason Jefferson (A ok backup but if you can upgrade .. you will)....... Thomas Johnson has to ball out to change their minds.

I struggled between TE (Pitta) and a WR........ I just think since Tony G is balling out so much and he does have 3 years left on his contract... TE can be dealt with in the 2011 draft......... I decided to go with a WR because when Harry Douglas went down the WR position was looking very thin.... We had to bring in Marty Booker (who as looked good but he is a 1 year lease) .... Also.. Fin only has 1 year on his contract.......Cooper fits that Fin type role (in the future).... The guy is a good blocker, a great special teamer, has great hands, and has good speed.......

With the DE....... I hate to say it but using Jamaal Anderson just to be a run playing DE.... Dude is going to be on the bubble next year because Chauncey Davis can do what JA98 is doing (only playing on run downs)........ Plus i already know that the Coaching Staff is going to want to give Sidbury more snaps next year then he will receive this year........JA 98 is going to be on the bubble......

That brings up Austen Lane....... I kid you not... Dude has a little more potential then Sidbury and Kroy...... The guy has 4.6 speed, a non-stop motor and he has the body type to become a complete DE.....Austen Lane is a little bit taller then 6'6 and he weights around 260lbs...... His coaches said he is trying to bulk up to 270lbs before the all-star games and combine next year........ They call this guy the FCS Michael Johnson because he is a freak of nature.......

Jbo know dude you know about Adkins, so i would rather use that LB pick on Pitta the TE from BYU.

I was struggling with that too...... I just cant see us drafting a TE and WR in next years draft....... I like Adkins and think he can be our future WLB....... I just think we will draft another LB next year...... The youth movement will continue....

Something is telling me that I'm going to have Pitta back in my mock draft by the end of the year.......

I think you are selling yourself short on the trade. The Seahawks traded an early 2nd rounder and got a 1st round pick for the upcoming draft.

If we trade our 1st rounder, I am sure we could snag a 2nd and a future 1st. I would much rather do that than get a 3rd.

2. I definitely like Cox's size and speed he, Crezdon Butler, and Trevard Lindley are on a short list of CBs that I would look at.

3. Fox is a great pick. He is exactly what we need at OT. An athletic guy who can play both RT and LT. He would be an upgrade in Pass protection over Clabo.

3. I would rather go with Greg Jones out of Michigan State in this area. He is a special teams beast already and would be a good developmental player under Peterson. I don't know much about McCuleroy, but I read on Walter football where he wasn't too great against Texas Tech.

4-7 I am not sure about

I think you are selling yourself short on the trade. The Seahawks traded an early 2nd rounder and got a 1st round pick for the upcoming draft.

If we trade our 1st rounder, I am sure we could snag a 2nd and a future 1st. I would much rather do that than get a 3rd.

2. I definitely like Cox's size and speed he, Crezdon Butler, and Trevard Lindley are on a short list of CBs that I would look at.

3. Fox is a great pick. He is exactly what we need at OT. An athletic guy who can play both RT and LT. He would be an upgrade in Pass protection over Clabo.

3. I would rather go with Greg Jones out of Michigan State in this area. He is a special teams beast already and would be a good developmental player under Peterson. I don't know much about McCuleroy, but I read on Walter football where he wasn't too great against Texas Tech.

4-7 I am not sure about

A team is not trading a 2nd and future 1st round pick for our last first round pick.... you have to remember the draft value chart also...... That's like giving 2 high 2nd round picks for a late 1st round pick.

A 2011 1st round pick count as a 2010 2nd round pick right now......... If you trade someone a future pick it loses 1 round in value.......

Example...... If we trade would 2010 3rd round pick a team would have to give us a 2011 2nd round pick.

The original Richard Seymour trade was for a 2nd and 5th round pick(2010 draft) ...... The Raiders changed there minds because they wanted their picks to build one more year so they gave the pats a 2011 1st round pick (future picks lose 1 round value)

Technically we could have gotten Tony G for a 3rd round pick but TD wanted all of his picks in this past draft plus he knew he had the option of trading back (getting that pick back) plus our compensatory picks.

A team is not trading a 2nd and future 1st round pick for our last first round pick.... you have to remember the draft value chart also...... That's like giving 2 high 2nd round picks for a late 1st round pick.

A 2011 1st round pick count as a 2010 2nd round pick right now......... If you trade someone a future pick it loses 1 round in value.......

Example...... If we trade would 2010 3rd round pick a team would have to give us a 2011 2nd round pick.

The original Richard Seymour trade was for a 2nd and 5th round pick(2010 draft) ...... The Raiders changed there minds because they wanted their picks to build one more year so they gave the pats a 2011 1st round pick (future picks lose 1 round value)

Technically we could have gotten Tony G for a 3rd round pick but TD wanted all of his picks in this past draft plus he knew he had the option of trading back (getting that pick back) plus our compensatory picks.

What happened with the Seahawks and Broncos? I can't guarantee that they got a 2nd, but I am sure that they got an extra 1st.

The Panthers gave an extra 1st in the 2nd to get Everette Brown.

You also have to remember that every GM isn't TD. There are always some crazy moves that take place in the draft. When teams think highly of a player, they go after him.

Even if we didn't get a 2nd, I would much rather get an extra 1st in 2011 than a 2nd and 3rd in 2010.

What happened with the Seahawks and Broncos? I can't guarantee that they got a 2nd, but I am sure that they got an extra 1st.

The Panthers gave an extra 1st in the 2nd to get Everette Brown.

You also have to remember that every GM isn't TD. There are always some crazy moves that take place in the draft. When teams think highly of a player, they go after him.

Even if we didn't get a 2nd, I would much rather get an extra 1st in 2011 than a 2nd and 3rd in 2010.

You are talking about

Seattle trades a 2009 second-round pick (No. 37: Alphonso Smith) to Denver in exchange for a 2010 first-round.

San Francisco traded a 2009 second-round pick (No. 43: Everette Brown) and a 2009 fourth-round pick (No. 111: Mike Goodson ) to Carolina in exchange for a 2010 first-round pick.

I am talking about this trade. (We had a chance to do this trade last year but TD wanted all of his picks for 2 straight year... 2008 and 2009 drafts)

Patriots receive a 2009 second-round pick (No. 41: Darius Butler), 2009 third-round pick (No. 73: Derek Cox) and a 2009 third-round pick (No. 83: Brandon Tate) from Green Bay in exchange for a 2009 first-round pick (No. 26: Clay Matthews) and a 2009 fifth-round pick (No. 162: Jamon Meredith).

The Patriots does these types of trades every year.

Normally Teams try to trade for late 1st round picks because if they have a early 2nd round grade on a guy they will trade up in the late 1st round so they can sign the guy to a 5 year contract (1st rounders) instead of a 4 year contact (2nd rounder) ......

Agents look at that as a team getting one year of free labor...... I remember reading in a article that Roddy White's agent was saying that he would rather his clients get drafted in the 2nd round then the late 1st round.........

You are talking about

Seattle trades a 2009 second-round pick (No. 37: Alphonso Smith) to Denver in exchange for a 2010 first-round.

San Francisco traded a 2009 second-round pick (No. 43: Everette Brown) and a 2009 fourth-round pick (No. 111: Mike Goodson ) to Carolina in exchange for a 2010 first-round pick.

I am talking about this trade. (We had a chance to do this trade last year but TD wanted all of his picks for 2 straight year... 2008 and 2009 drafts)

Patriots receive a 2009 second-round pick (No. 41: Darius Butler), 2009 third-round pick (No. 73: Derek Cox) and a 2009 third-round pick (No. 83: Brandon Tate) from Green Bay in exchange for a 2009 first-round pick (No. 26: Clay Matthews) and a 2009 fifth-round pick (No. 162: Jamon Meredith).

The Patriots does these types of trades every year.

Normally Teams try to trade for late 1st round picks because if they have a early 2nd round grade on a guy they will trade up in the late 1st round so they can sign the guy to a 5 year contract (1st rounders) instead of a 4 year contact (2nd rounder) ......

Agents look at that as a team getting one year of free labor...... I remember reading in a article that Roddy White's agent was saying that he would rather his clients get drafted in the 2nd round then the late 1st round.........

I get what you are saying now, but like I said, I still would much rather just trade for an extra 1st than a 2nd and 3rd.

I love Fox and Jay Ross (I would have them in my own mock if I did one). The logic behind the trade is very sound. Smart that you took a kicker - while Elam is great and experienced you can only keep your leg strength for so long and bringing in some competition is never a bad thing.

Perrish Cox - love the size, but when I watch him he always seems to let the receiver turn to get advantageous position on the ball without reading the receiver or ball position and getting in the best place.

The video you posted had a good example - 3:15 - Green turns to the ball unimpeded and while Cox makes a play on it being in that position risks either pass interference penalties or getting gamed by a 6'4" receiver. On the same kind of point he struggles with double moves. Now this is probably coachable but these are the kind of things that are really magnified at NFL level when the receivers are running precise routes. I think I would rather have a CB in free agency to be honest.

Riley Cooper - I must agree with the rest of the posters in that I think TE is more of a priority. Barring injuries we have no1, no2 and no3 sorted for the next two years and TD has shown that he can find a no4 on the street (or as a UDFA).

A prospect I like at TE is Jeron Mastrud (Kansas State) - while I have not seen him this year I saw him play Oklahoma last year and he had a nice TD and looked like he can block a bit more than your average college TE. He is a Academic All-American and so seems like a prospect TD could go for.

Austen Lane - never seen him play to be honest but we are having trouble getting Sidbury snaps - do we need another raw DE? Would rather see a centre coming in to develop - we have no youth there.

Overall though miles better than most of the mocks we normally see this early in the season.