I Knew The Front Seven Would Be Better

You can look back to my spring posts. I've been saying for months that the front seven would be better. I thought the biggest boost would come from the Dline though.

The Dline is better than last year's but they aren't even on the same planet with the LB crew. Trust me.

Not only are the LBs showing these boys how to hit, they are showing them how to make plays in the NFL.

I knew Lofton and Nic would be where they are but I confess, I thought Pete was washed. Boy was I wrong.

If they can rub off on the Dline and secondary it could really be on bro.

Yeah they are playing good ball. Let's hope they can keep it up and stay injury free. We knew Lofton was a thumper but they both are

feeding off of Peterson. Peterson is the second best offseason move behind Gonzo.

Totally agree.

I really knew nothing about him but I sure didn't expect what he's already given us.

I haven't been that surprised by Peterson......Seen him play a lot and I knew he still had gas in his tank.

DeCoud's solid play so far has been a surprise to me. I know it hasn't been spectacular, but it has been solid.

We still need some consistent DE play besides Abe...I want to believe that Davis and/or Biermann can be that guy/those guys but I need to see some consistency from one or both of them.....

Unbelievably great job by the Panties O-line last weekend so I'm not going to thrash anyone on our D-line for that, but we should be able to generate some heat on Brady. Their O-line isn't as solid as the Panties.....

Glad you brought up Decoud Gritzblizer.

It reminded me that the safeties are doin it too.

After Mini Camp, OTAs, Preseason and the first two games I would rank the defensive units like this:

LB - best LB play I've seen since Jesse, Cornelius, Henri Crockett and Brooking in 1998.

S - making tackles when we need them

DE - Got pressure on Penny but the CAR Oline BSlapped em

CB - scary

DTs - better rise up. Looks like you can run on em whenever you want to. Not good.

Glad you brought up Decoud Gritzblizer.

It reminded me that the safeties are doin it too.

After Mini Camp, OTAs, Preseason and the first two games I would rank the defensive units like this:

LB - best I've seen since Jesse, Cornelius, Henri Crockett and Brooking.

S - making tackles when we need them

Dline - CAR ran over them. Got pressure on Penny but the CAR Oline BSlapped em

CB - scary

That's a fair assessment, but I would say that out of all of the cornerback play I have seen so far Williams has looked pretty good....

I think Houston is on a short leash and will more than likely lose his spot to Hill if he doesn't start balling soon........ ;)

That's a fair assessment, but I would say that out of all of the cornerback play I have seen so far Williams has looked pretty good....

I think Houston is on a short leash and will more than likely lose his spot to Hill if he doesn't start balling soon........ ;)

Williams got lit up a couple times too.

Thank the football gods none of them were lit up on a deep pass. That's a BBDB cardinal sin. Trust me. DeCoud almost got one on the Pat White Mild Cat play.

Crisp may finally be getting the message. He needs to talk to Busterson. Try to get in his head. If they insist on starting him he's got to to make some plays.

I'm pulling for both of them busters. I'm taking both the Crisp and Busterson bobble heads to church Sunday. Gonna lay them on the altar and pray for some more plays. Hopefully I'll get some answers this time.

I was initially disappointed that LB needs weren't addressed in the draft, but Peterson has definitely bought us some time. I still only look at him as a two-year placeholder, but he's really brought some fire and intensity to the team. Nicholas is delivering on his early promise and Lofton looks like a Pro Bowler in the making.

Agreed Gritz. Williams has been smart and agressive and Hill will have the D playbook down very quickly, much like Foxworth. Houston will have to upgrade or get out of the way.

I was initially disappointed that LB needs weren't addressed in the draft, but Peterson has definitely bought us some time. I still only look at him as a two-year placeholder, but he's really brought some fire and intensity to the team. Nicholas is delivering on his early promise and Lofton looks like a Pro Bowler in the making.
Which McKay and Barbie Quitrino had the LB pick with Patrick Willis and blew it on Busterson. A one or two year set back.