Opinions on our Run Defense Wanted?

morehouse11

Maybe it is me! But i have been pretty excited about our run defense so far! I feel like most of the yardage against us (120 per game average) comes on big runs that are broken off like 2 or 3 times a game per series, HOWEVER for the most part we are pretty solid at stopping the run. To me it is MUCH better for a team to rush 25 times a game and get 120 yards by it being 3 big runs over 20-25 a piece and then the rest of the 22 chances to equal the other 52 yards then to have a constant dose of 4 to 5 yards a carry which is how last year was!!!

I would love if somebody could do a breakdown of the actual yardage dosage per run play against against us! I think this would show that even though we give up 120/game, we still force ALOT of 3rd and Long (+7 yds) situations!

Your opinions on the run defense PLEASE????

the truth is our defense is great against the run but when we start to dominate a team early our defense begins to look for opposeing teams to go down feild, i mean if we are winning by 2 scores stopping the run is'nt top priority. strait running plays we play well even in that climate but against draws we can give up a big run every now and then. that only happens when we are ahead by a substantial amount. if you pay attention our defense shut down the dolphins attack and if carolina was'nt so pass happy last week we would have focused our attention on the run the entire game. john fox could see this and that is why he elected to pass early and consistently. we where much the same last year because we are a team that gets ahead early. it is clear our defense is better this year. you can't blame us for giveing up a few yards on the ground to keep the clock running and better controll the secondary so they don't bite on play fakes and reverse's.