Bigger Loss? Jerry vs. Douglas

.CharlestonChad.

88 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Peria Jerry
    • Harry Douglas

He was fast, he could catch, he could return... and that was his rookie year. Marty is an OK replacement, pretty reliable hands it looks like. Weems is OK.

We have enough depth at DT that it's not too big of a deal, it just sucks that we didn't get a chance to see how he would have developed.

I'm gonna have to go with Harry D.

Neither on Sunday, Douglas intially but we found replacements by committee. We had a pretty strong competition going on at DT, which mean we dont have any slouches at DT, so i think we will be Ok considering that Jerry had only played in two games so we really dont know what we missed. Considering that Jerry injury hurts his development, If i had to vote I would say Jerry only because he was slated to be a starter.

IMO Jerry was a bigger loss mainly because the addition of Gonzo more than makes up for HD on offense. We have a deep corp of recievers.

Jerry was playing well, and taking alot of doubles to open things for our LBs, and their numbers show it.

Not to mention the importance he had in the rotation to keep the line fresh. I would always prefer to keep a starting lineman over a slot WR.

IMO Jerry was a bigger loss mainly because the addition of Gonzo more than makes up for HD on offense. We have a deep corp of recievers.

Jerry was playing well, and taking alot of doubles to open things for our LBs, and their numbers show it.

same. the only thing i really miss about douglas is his ability to run the reverses and return punts. i like the guy, but he probably wouldn't have seen as many balls this year as last year anyway.

Not to mention the importance he had in the rotation to keep the line fresh. I would always prefer to keep a starting lineman over a slot WR.

Good points. Our LB"s have been on FIRE this season. Lofton making tackles all over the field. Nicholas disrupting WR's and TE's. And especially Peterson coming out as the leader of this defense and the biggest playmaker on our team right now.

i would say Jerry due to the fact that it would ease the doubling on our ends and also cause he help clog the middle....like someone else said we got TG who is making the most of it the first 2 games. Weems is descent in the PR game. ALOT better than Jennings...lol..HD was just more of a checkdown if White, TG, and Jenkins were covered imo.

Agree ... Jerry is by far the bigger loss. I won't say "we'll be fine", but I hope that Johnson and Walker step up and that Jerry uses the time to take mental reps, learn the defense and to add even more upper body strength, while recovering from the knee injury.

X2