The Falcons won't lose this year

Carolina Blue

A team can make our offense one dimensional. Unless a team can make us abandoned the run and throw to catch up, we won't lose.

Key points

1. Delhomme threw for over 300 yards & had two rushers account for a total of 144 yards = over 400+ yards for the game. At no point of this game did you feel that the Falcons didn't have control of it. The Panthers had 10 series and the Falcons had 9. The last two series for the falcons were wasted series meaning they was trying to run out the clock. If they needed to score they could have. 4 of Falcons series were TD's. 2 series resulted in turnovers (interception & fumble). The interception series we mess ourselves up with two dumb penalites in the same 1st & 10 ( Blalock, down field, & Gonzalez, false start). Ryan started 3rd and 15 after Snelling got 5 yards back on 2nd down. Here is the example where one dimensional come into effect. Already down 3-0 Ryan was put in a bad position either throw for a 1st down or punt and give the ball back to Carolina. It ended up being pick because Carolina knew Ryan would have to throw. The last series but actually the first series we had to punt. We had to punt because once again we had a stupid penalty called on Dahl for unnecessary roughness (15 yrd). Ryan couldn't get it back because the ref reversed the call on the 1st down Roddy White had.

In summary 9 series (1 punt)(2 turnover)(4 TD's)(2 wasted, due to clock management). How much total offense can a opposing team have and never control the game? The Panther had to respect the run the whole game and we had options to keep them balance while scoring at will. Brady can put up the same #'s and Moss could have the same #'s as Smith ( 8 catches / 131 yards) and they can never have control of the game because we have options .

We would have to be down by 14 or more points before we abandoned the run and play into the hands of the opposing defense. Until then Gonzalez is the x factor and would beat any safety one on one. The wildcard is Norwood and he haven't played a whole game this year.

A team can make our offense one dimensional. Unless a team can make us abandoned the run and throw to catch up, we won't lose.

Key points

1. Delhomme threw for over 300 yards & had two rushers account for a total of 144 yards = over 400+ yards for the game. At no point of this game did you feel that the Falcons didn't have control of it. The Panthers had 10 series and the Falcons had 9. The last two series for the falcons were wasted series meaning they was trying to run out the clock. If they needed to score they could have. 4 of Falcons series were TD's. 2 series resulted in turnovers (interception & fumble). The interception series we mess ourselves up with two dumb penalites in the same 1st & 10 ( Blalock, down field, & Gonzalez, false start). Ryan started 3rd and 15 after Snelling got 5 yards back on 2nd down. Here is the example where one dimensional come into effect. Already down 3-0 Ryan was put in a bad position either throw for a 1st down or punt and give the ball back to Carolina. It ended up being pick because Carolina knew Ryan would have to throw. The last series but actually the first series we had to punt. We had to punt because once again we had a stupid penalty called on Dahl for unnecessary roughness (15 yrd). Ryan couldn't get it back because the ref reversed the call on the 1st down Roddy White had.

In summary 9 series (1 punt)(2 turnover)(4 TD's)(2 wasted, due to clock management). How much total offense can a opposing team have and never control the game? The Panther had to respect the run the whole game and we had options to keep them balance while scoring at will. Brady can put up the same #'s and Moss could have the same #'s as Smith ( 8 catches / 131 yards) and they can never have control of the game because we have options .

We would have to be down by 14 or more points before we abandoned the run and play into the hands of the opposing defense. Until then Gonzalez is the x factor and would beat any safety one on one. The wildcard is Norwood and he haven't played a whole game this year.

Nice breakdown! with that being said when do you or better yet who do you see beating the Falcons?

I keep hearing about who can beat us, and really with our schedule there are a bunch of teams that could beat us. However there is also no one I don't think we can beat. NYJ, Dallas, NYG, NO*2, Buff, NE and Philly are all very tough games and hte others aren't cupcakes. If we lose 4 games with that schedule it would be an amazing season. Lose 5 or 6 and get in the playoffs that would be a huge step forward for this team, and it would be a bigger accomplishment than last year because of the schedule.

We're a competive team who has as good a chance as anyone to win it all if our defense develops, but we're not an all time great team. We will lose games.

Teams won't make us 1 dimensional unless they sellout to stop the run/pass.

Right now you may be right,What a difference a year makes last year early on everybody was geared to stop the run but now I think the Falcons passing game is so varied that teams don't know what to do, even when the running game isn't clicking it's enough to give defenses something to think about. Defensively it's teams with a strong front 7 that will slow down the Falcons,but Mularkey has been calling great games as well, as long as they mix it up and keep Ryan upright the offense can keep the Falcons close.

I keep hearing about who can beat us, and really with our schedule there are a bunch of teams that could beat us. However there is also no one I don't think we can beat. NYJ, Dallas, NYG, NO*2, Buff, NE and Philly are all very tough games and hte others aren't cupcakes. If we lose 4 games with that schedule it would be an amazing season. Lose 5 or 6 and get in the playoffs that would be a huge step forward for this team, and it would be a bigger accomplishment than last year because of the schedule.

We're a competive team who has as good a chance as anyone to win it all if our defense develops, but we're not an all time great team. We will lose games.

Agreed... we could lose any of the road games... NE, NYJ, NJG, NO... I said before the season started that if we go 11-5 again with this schedule I would be very pleased.

14-2 or 13-3 would be even better, but the fact is we don't have an easy schedule and aren't going to sneak up on anyone this year.

Not a bad breakdown. It's only been 2 games so I don't see why you talk about Norwood not playing. Besides, I think there is a rule that says if you have a head injury, you can't return to the game - not really sure though. Norwood is our biggest playmaker on offence, we need him.

Um! Um! A team that can match them TD for TD. But to be honest the defense would get better and better each week so its hard to say.

Looking at the remaining schedule I would exclude teams that does not fear anyone with their offense. Teams like the 49ers, Redskins, Jets, TB (2), Bills. If you can't match TD for TD it's not happening.