Can Moore really get it done?

hawkeye

I was looking back at some old info from Senior Bowl week and now I'm having doubts again about him. Remember DeCoud was beating

him out before he got injured. I want to see him do good when he gets back, but I am just a little concerned. This is from the Sr. Bowl week.

A few of the least impressive players at the Senior Bowl practices:

William Moore DB Missouri 6001 223 9 1/8 31 3/4

Monday Practice Notes: Of all the prospects on the field, Moore might have had the worst day among his peers. In pass coverage drills he appeared stiff, lacked any type of lateral quickness, and spent most of his time as an added defender close to the line of scrimmage.

Tuesday Practice Notes: Moore looked awful from the get-go today. He struggled moving laterally and at one point was left lying on the ground after attempting to cover a receiver from the North squad.

Wednesday Practice Notes: It was another bad day for Moore. While he didn't look as lost today in coverage versus what we saw yesterday he had teammates and Bengals coaches yelling at him for being out of position. At one point Louis Delmas was screaming at Moore on the field to move out of the box- eventually the light went on and Moore took a few steps back. As he came to the sidelines Bengals coaches converged on him and to discuss the situation.

The dude was still injured and was weighing 230lbs, he has since trimmed down to around 220. I am actually fine with him sitting and waiting. We are fine right now with Decoud and Coleman at safety so it is no need to rush Moore. Hawk you got to stop worrying man. I am not saying that TD is going to hit on every draft pick but he has really made some good picks in the last two drafts and he dont play with picks 1-3

I gotta give it to Dimitroff on this one. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick, got injured, fat, etc. and needs to make the comeback. I do trust our coaching staff much more then the Bengals (STILL love Zimmer though) and their evaluation of the safeties.

Let's give the man a chance to play before we call him a bust! And DeCoud was ahead of Moore because DeCoud was familiar with the playbook. Most said that Moore would overtake him after awhile, but I think DeCoud was drafted to be a special teams beast and to replace Coleman, who showed up in a way I don't even think Dimitroff imagined.

Hey it's true :lol:. We cant answer it. Only Moore's in game play can answer this question

I am not worried about more and what he can do. I think that we got a steal in the draft because the kid got skills. He had a nagging injury that he got surgery for this preseason, now when he is ready whether it be this season or next he will be completely healthy and ready to go and show us that same talent he displayed as a JR at Mizzou

I am not worried about more and what he can do. I think that we got a steal in the draft because the kid got skills. He had a nagging injury that he got surgery for this preseason, now when he is ready whether it be this season or next he will be completely healthy and ready to go and show us that same talent he displayed as a JR at Mizzou

If you ask me, DeCoud will keep his job. Everyone tried to write him off in the preseason but he played huge last week and earned major respect from alot of people. Eventually, Coleman may see the door when his contract is up and Moore and DeCoud take both spots. But if not, oh well :lol: Predicting rosters today aint as easy as it used to be 5 years ago.

If you ask me, DeCoud will keep his job. Everyone tried to write him off in the preseason but he played huge last week and earned major respect from alot of people. Eventually, Coleman may see the door when his contract is up and Moore and DeCoud take both spots. But if not, oh well :lol: Predicting rosters today aint as easy as it used to be 5 years ago.

I agree that Decoud might just take the FS spot from Coleman especially if he continues to improve and that Moore might see spot duty this year and we might have a position battle on our hands next year at SS.

What's with the DeCoud hate? And why would we be surprised he's trying to hold Moore off? He was a third round draft pick, right? Unless he was a reach, he should be well capable of starting in his second year. I know Moore was regarded as better in college, but DeCoud is no joke.

What's with the DeCoud hate? And why would we be surprised he's trying to hold Moore off? He was a third round draft pick, right? Unless he was a reach, he should be well capable of starting in his second year. I know Moore was regarded as better in college, but DeCoud is no joke.

He is not hating on Decoud, he actually is saying that he is going to hold down the FS spot for a while

Ummm....I'm not hating on DeCoud.