Any computer gurus here? Need serious help

DaSwat

against my warnings, my wife lets my nephew and neice on the computer. I get ready to go online this past weekend and to my "surprise" I have some weird program that can't be removed called Antivirus Pro 2010.

Now, here is the problem...there are sites that say they can remove it if I download a program...however, this program has blocked me from accessing the web. When I click the icon to open the internet, it says I don't have permission or it has been removed. It has also blocked my McAfee from scanning.

So, I can't scan to remove, I can't access the web to remove.

Does anyone have any ideas at all what I can do?

All helpful input is greatly appreciated...thanks.

against my warnings, my wife lets my nephew and neice on the computer. I get ready to go online this past weekend and to my "surprise" I have some weird program that can't be removed called Antivirus Pro 2010.

Now, here is the problem...there are sites that say they can remove it if I download a program...however, this program has blocked me from accessing the web. When I click the icon to open the internet, it says I don't have permission or it has been removed. It has also blocked my McAfee from scanning.

Same thing happened to me about a month ago. I had to restore my computer back to when we first bought it. Does your computer have System Restore

Best thing is to go buy an external hard drive(if you don't have one), transfer all of the files you dont want to lose(and can't download again) on the hard drive and then just restore it to factory settings. It may take a long time to set everything up again but the last thing you want is for the virus to kill.

It's trojan with disable antivirus. I'm sure there is remote access as well so clean it as quick as possible

This might help:

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-pro-2010.html

Antivirus Pro 2010 manual removal:

Kill processes:

AntivirusPro_2010.exe yxine.exe Uninstall.exe mifiryvele.exe

HELP:

how to kill malicious processes

Delete registry values:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LinksBar\ItemCache

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Extensions

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SQM\PIDs

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{DBC80044-A445-435B-BC74-9C25C1C588A9}

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AntivirusPro_2010

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ESENT\Process\[ORIGINAL FILE NAME]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AntivirusPro_2010

HELP:

how to remove registry entries

Unregister DLLs:

AVEngn.dll htmlayout.dll pthreadVC2.dll msvcm80.dll msvcp80.dll msvcr80.dll

HELP:

how to unregister malicious DLLs

Delete files:

AntivirusPro_2010.lnk bojag.dl aqepe.dat nyxuj.com Uninstall.lnk ebapepyno.db emuziwe.pif ugozuf._sy uxitavo.dl carugy.com yquxihet.exe ojupegos.pif qanof.bin yrihoka.lib zecorykyp.lib AntivirusPro_2010.cfg AntivirusPro_2010.exe AVEngn.dll daily.cvd htmlayout.dll Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest msvcm80.dll msvcp80.dll msvcr80.dll pthreadVC2.dll Uninstall.exe wscui.cpl medoqokeqo.exe ycevykazu.vbs yhabozix.vbs _scui.cpl azasal.bin dinubem.dl exifoton.dll mifiryvele.exe ralun.sys

HELP:

how to remove harmful files

Delete directories:

c:\Program Files\AntivirusPro_2010

Best thing is to go buy an external hard drive(if you don't have one), transfer all of the files you dont want to lose(and can't download again) on the hard drive and then just restore it to factory settings. It may take a long time to set everything up again but the last thing you want is for the virus to kill.

It's trojan with disable antivirus. I'm sure there is remote access as well so clean it as quick as possible

Thats the DUMBEST thing i ever heard.

Go to Geekstogo forums, they have technicians that will walk you through getting it off without doing what that clown above said.

DO NOT TOUCH YOUR REGISTRY. They will help you FOR FREE

The only thing you can do is restore your computer. It blocked my system restore so I couldn't restore to an earlier date, but I found out how to restore it back to when i first got

false download malwarebytes antimalware software. im a network administrator for a school system we see hundreds of these fake spyware packages havent seen one malware bytes wont remove

I got the same thing before. What you may have to do since you can't access the web is reboot in safe mode with networking so you can access the web. then do as SW says. Download malware bytes.

I had this problem a few weeks ago. You need to use Malwarebytes and a REAL anti-virus. Download the Malwarebytes installer on another computer and put them on a flash drive or external hard drive. Attach the flash or external hard drive and turn on the infected computer. Enter into SAFE MODE. Install Malwarebytes. Run a scan while in safe mode. It should delete the virus.

It might be possible to skip the first step, as your computer MIGHT allow you to download Malwarebytes directly while in safe mode. Mine didn't. Some do.

Thx for the info...I will research them. B)

Avira Free is the highest rated free anti virus.

This review came out this month: "When the results came in, Avira AntiVir Personal claimed the top spot in our rankings. It excelled in the essential malware-detection tests and also boasted the top scan speed"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32644736/ns/te...h_and_gadgets//

http://www.pcworld.com/article/170674/free...s_software.html

http://www.free-av.com/

I used Malwarebytes (sp) in the past, but I think you guys are missing a key point here. I think his computer is preventing him from visiting any website that offers virus protection or malware removal. Same thing happened to my computer several months ago. Had to move my important files to an external HD I purchased and then reformat my internal HD.

If it's the same sort of virus, your computer will eventually end up with an add on the desktop trying to seel you virus protection. BTW the site that add will lead you to is also managed by the people who put the virus/malware on your computer in the first place.

I used Malwarebytes (sp) in the past, but I think you guys are missing a key point here. I think his computer is preventing him from visiting any website that offers virus protection or malware removal. Same thing happened to my computer several months ago. Had to move my important files to an external HD I purchased and then reformat my internal HD.

If it's the same sort of virus, your computer will eventually end up with an add on the desktop trying to seel you virus protection. BTW the site that add will lead you to is also managed by the people who put the virus/malware on your computer in the first place.

as stated before

reboot into safe mode with networking.. meaning that virus wont effect nothing

"Free" has always made me go hmmm...

Ever wonder why it is "Free"?

Free in the sense of programming/code is does not carry the same negative connotation that free anywhere else would. Often times freeware is better programmed and works better than commercial software. I don't run any anti-virus atm, but have run AVG in the past.

I agree...MalwareBytes will be your friend on this one. After that runs (after it has been fully patched/updated...and then ran in SafeMode), run Spybot S&D (also in SafeMode).

After you run MWB, reboot. Run SB S&D, Reboot. Then boot normally into Windows, and run them again. Full scans. Will take some time, but should cure all your ills.

Thanks so much for all the advice. Please note that I am not in any way a computer dude and have to ask a very dumb question....how do I reboot in safe mode? (sorry guys for not being savvy)

There are a few ways.......try this one

Start

Run

type in " msconfig " hit enter

click on boot.ini

tick the safeboot option

ok out of the menu and restart

another way is to press f8 repeatedly as your pc is booting up and it will give you boot options...you can then select safemode....but some pcs are different buttons for this.