720P vs 1080P

biloxifalcon

depends on the TV size (42 and under I think look the same).... and also how close you are to the tv...if you are right on top of it you can see some difference but they seem pretty close to me when at a normal viewing distance

now when you get to larger sets the difference becomes more noticeable

I have a 50 inch plasma that is 720 and my neighbor has a 50 inch plasma that is 1080 and there is very little difference.

He almost got sick when I told him I only paid 800 for mine.

u ask a good question. chk the link below... its a 720p vs 1080p resolution...

http://satellitetvguru.net/720p-vs-1080p/

i have a sony vaoi laptop with 1080p and its very noticeable...especially on blu-ray movies

but on my tv screen i have a samsung and its questionable.. especially when i hear that it will be broadcast on 1080p, i think only certain cameras/angles are 1080p and other shots are 720p or lower...so i guess it all depends when watching live broadcast versus movies

No, not when viewing TV because TV is broadcast in 720p for live action sports, which is why I have HD service, there is not a 1080 version of any type of sports broadcast. I can tell the difference when watching BluRay. Anyone that says there's a difference when watching HDTV broadcasts either has a service that no one else has, or they're lying.

No, not when viewing TV because TV is broadcast in 720p for live action sports, which is why I have HD service, there is not a 1080 version of any type of sports broadcast. I can tell the difference when watching BluRay. Anyone that says there's a difference when watching HDTV broadcasts either has a service that no one else has, or they're lying.

actually this is not true at all...some live sporting events are broadcast in 1080i