To saints fans who talk about their O scoring so much, and their D is stout too?

SkySorrOW

Falcons gave up 27 points in two games.

Saints gave up 49 points in two games.

So if they are talking about their Offense being so great based on POINTS... Our defense should blow their defense out of the water.

Simple logic, right? If its all about POINTS, We win on the Defensive side easily, almost half. Add in the MUCH better teams we played.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints allowed almost 50 points to two quarterbacks making their first ever NFL starts....wrap your head around that.

That's an odd statement considering that Kolb and Stafford combined for a total of 2 TD passes and one Rushing TD between them against our defense. Please explain how these "two quarterbacks making their first ever NFL starts" accounted for 50 points against the Saints defense.

I'll be over here in reality waiting for an answer.

Thier offense IS scary, but they can be beaten. We saw that last season. You can force Brees into mistakes just like you can with any QB. The advantage we have is our offense. We can use our power run game, or we can air it out with the best offenses in the league. Either way the Aint's will see that without a ball control type offense, good teams in this league WILL beat them.

That's an odd statement considering that Kolb and Stafford combined for a total of 2 TD passes and one Rushing TD between them against our defense. Please explain how these "two quarterbacks making their first ever NFL starts" accounted for 50 points against the Saints defense.

both QB's teams offenses combined for over 50 points is what i think he means. Yall probably have one of the most easiest schedules in the nfl so there is no excuse for yall not to have a over .500 season record wise.

While yes, they only gave up 4 TD's on defense... FG's are points too.... So... your defense has given up 40 points to offenses led by QB's getting their first starts.

That's an odd ststement considering that Kolb and Stafford combined for a total of 2 TD passes. Please explain how these "two quarterbacks making their first ever NFL starts" accounted for 50 points against the Saints defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/s...osition/defense

Here is the link to the ESPN defensive stat page. The Saints have allowed 49 points this year. The 2 quarterbacks they faced were Matthew Stafford, making his rookie debut and Kevin Kolb, making his first ever NFL start.

What could you possibly not understand? Did these quarterbacks come out of the game on the drives that the Saints allowed 49 points to be scored? If so, then I apologize.

He while you are in reality, why don't you take a class in reading comprehension.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/s...osition/defense

Here is the link to the ESPN defensive stat page. The Saints have allowed 49 points this year. The 2 quarterbacks they faced were Matthew Stafford, making his rookie debut and Kevin Kolb, making his first ever NFL start.

What could you possibly not understand? Did these quarterbacks come out of the game on the drives that the Saints allowed 49 points to be scored? If so, then I apologize.

He while you are in reality, why don't you take a class in reading comprehension.

NFL.com has the Saints giving up 5 TD's this season and 4 FG's.... 1 of the TD's was a return on defense, so it's not against the Saints D.

both QB's teams offenses combined for over 50 points is what i think he means. Yall probably have one of the most easiest schedules in the nfl so there is no excuse for yall not to have a over .500 season record wise.

No they didn't... we gave up a defensive TD and some Special Teams scores on us as well... which don't have a **** thing to do with defense.

Stop looking at box scores for your football discussion points... watch more games.

No they didn't... we had some deefensive TDs and Special Teams scores on us as well... which don't have a **** thing to do with defense.

Stop looking at box scores for your football discussion points... watch more games.

We watch the Falcons game tard.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...;seasonType=REG

5 TD's... 2 rushing, 2 passing, 1 from defense. No returns.

Why watch the saints play the pitiful Lions when we have to see the Falcons (a 11-5 team) go against the Dolphins (another 11-5 team)??

Face it, you beat the LIONS and a McNabb-less Eagles team. We beat the Dolphins and The Panthers (which has an amazing D btw). Its not even a contest.

Its going to be a joke this sunday; Brees will HAVE to throw for 4 TDs cause your D is gonna be run over, literally.

5 games lost by 3 points or less. Just a little more D would have been great....or a field goal or 2 made would have made

them 10-6 instead of 8-8.

Please trust the Saints weren't as bad as the pundits made it out to be.

You were an 8-8 team last year that passed for over 5,000 yards.

To me when you start threads like this it shows you are nervous. You are trying to find flaws in a team that worries you. The reality is that every team has flaws that can be exploited so this is all meaningless and even more so because it is a division rival. It would not shock me if we went 12-4 and the bucs went 4-12 and one of our losses was at their hands. Division games can make a good team seem bad and a bad team seem good. We each have to survive the next 6 weeks and who knows where we will each be at that time. I am not concerned in the least about them because there is a lot of football to be played before we meet them.

The only team that matters right now is the Pats.