The Jets blitzed 22 times vs. N.E.

slewis1952

Running 22 blitzes, including four on the game’s final five plays, Rex Ryan disrupted and discombobulated the timing of Tom Brady

Ok here it is from the Boston Herald. Do we have the personel or the guts or both to send the house and make our DB's cover their wideouts 3-4 seconds while we go after Brady? It worked with the Jets. I would hope the Falcons would take a hint but I doubt they will.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have hit on something.......to beat the Patriots, you must blitz.......Patriots offensive line is getting old and they are not as good as they used to be. Tom Brady is still "nervous" about his knee and it shows in the pocket.

If Falcons don't blitz and don't pressure Brady and the offensive line, then we will lose and lose BIG.......If Falcons blitz, then we can win. Sure blitzing has risks of giving up the big play - but if we don't blitz we will definitely lose - why not try and win?

You can bet Smitty and Co. are watching film on that game. I beleive we do need to blitz alot. I just hope our secondary can keep Moss and Welker (if he plays) in check. I really do have faith in this defense. We have a very very good chance at winning this football game. The icing on the cake would be JA98 coming out and really making a difference in this game. Wishful thinking, I know....

We don't have to blitz 22 times to beat the Patriots...it's not about guts, it's about playing smart...playing within your personnel...we may blitz, but not often...IMO, this game will be determined of how well our offense controls the clock and puts up scores on drives...not the defense. If we can keep Brady on the sideline and force him to score quickly, we put ourselves in a great position to win.

I hope that you do realize that the Bills didnt blitz 22 times and they held the Pats offense and should have won, the stuck with their front 4 more than blitz during that game. So we dont have to blitz 22 times, and i really dont think that our Secondary can handle that yet, we saw what happened when we blitzed during the preseason. We really, really, really need our front 4 to get consistent pressure on Brady.

I hope that you do realize that the Bills didnt blitz 22 times and they held the Pats offense and should have won, the stuck with their front 4 more than blitz during that game. So we dont have to blitz 22 times, and i really dont think that our Secondary can handle that yet, we saw what happened when we blitzed during the preseason. We really, really, really need our front 4 to get consistent pressure on Brady.

Agreed. We blitz and the entire middle of the field gets left open for all mankind to catch a pass from Brady...<_<

I agree that the FAlcons will not and should not blitz as much as the Jets - they run a totally different scheme and have better corners. However, Falcons must - in my estimation - blitz more than normal......

My guess is that in an average game the Falcons probably dial up a blitz 8-10 times. We probably need to throw in maybe another 4-5 blitzes......somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 blitzes - that is still a lot less than the Jets...

OK then don't blitz and let him sit back there like Delomme did. If you are going to be a top team in the NFL, you have to quit playing scared and do like the Jets did. It works!!

By the way, I never noticed the Saints play every tough team (Cowboys, N.E., Jets, and Giants) all at home. Friends, that is absolute B.S.We play them all on the road. I do not understand......

Okay, reference preseason. Do you REALLY think blitzing schemes fit our current secondary. You want DB's one-on-one with Wes Welker with no safety help. Remember there QB.

Nope. I say we go with what works for now. Vanilia "over" coverages rushing 3 to 5 on most plays. They may score 40. However, we just may force them into a turnover or two. I like their chances at 50 is we blitz a bunch.

To me I read this subtitle and I thought: "Prove your a man by giving up 60 points." We don't have the pieces at DB that NYJ have. We need to accept that and keep the ball in front of us. As play count goes up, the chances for turnovers increase for this defense.

OK then don't blitz and let him sit back there like Delomme did. If you are going to be a top team in the NFL, you have to quit playing scared and do like the Jets did. It works!!

By the way, I never noticed the Saints play every tough team (Cowboys, N.E., Jets, and Giants) all at home. Friends, that is absolute B.S.We play them all on the road. I do not understand......

We are not the jets, we dont have the same personnel as the jets, just like the Jets cant do some of the same things that we do on offense because they dont have the personnel. We need to bring pressure, hopefully our Front 4 can get pressure like they did against Miami, and we can mix in the blitz here and there. I dont think that N.E oline is the same caliber as the Panthers, so we might fare better in terms of getting pressure this game, but i can see us throwing a few blitzes from the NB and CB spots.

Our DBs are not NEARLY as good as the Jets and would be hung out to dry if we blitz too much. Especially if Welker plays. I agree with most people that have said we will blitz more than in an average game, but not as much as the Jets. I don't think we will be able to hold the Pats to 3 FGs like the Jets, but luckily we don't need to hold them to 9 pts to win this game. I think we have the personal to hold them to low 20's and score mid-high 20's.

The Pats defense isn't exactly the '85 Bears. They have to stop us too, you know.

Seamill, were you the one that did the "mistake of drafting Kroy Bierrman" on the youtube video where you were Thomas Dimitroff? That was funny - although you must find it ironic now - given how good Bierrman is.......

Our DBs are not NEARLY as good as the Jets and would be hung out to dry if we blitz too much. Especially if Welker plays. I agree with most people that have said we will blitz more than in an average game, but not as much as the Jets. I don't think we will be able to hold the Pats to 3 FGs like the Jets, but luckily we don't need to hold them to 9 pts to win this game. I think we have the personal to hold them to low 20's and score mid-high 20's.

I agree we dont need to try and shut them out like the Jets tried to do, if we can perfect the bend but dont break for this game and our offense is hitting like they were against the Panthers then i think we will Win this one.

Seamill, were you the one that did the "mistake of drafting Kroy Bierrman" on the youtube video where you were Thomas Dimitroff? That was funny - although you must find it ironic now - given how good Bierrman is.......

:lol: Yes sir, I was. Me and a good friend of mine who reads the boards often, but doesn't post much. It was more of a joke then an "assault" on Kroy "Bur-man". More people mentioned that I/we said his name wrong (when nobody knew who he was) then anything, but Glad we were wrong. We made it immediately after the pick. I haven't checked to see how Roy Schuening (the OG from Oregon State) is doing, but glad we got the Beerman instead.