Defensive statistics through Game 2

Rev_Hal

From NFL.com, taking a look at the stats on defense. The LB's have taken the load off of the Safeties in terms of leaing the team in tackles.

FYI - I had to add a row for Jamal Anderson, Because NFL.com does not track players with 0 tackles, assists, or sacks. Just saying......

Player Tak Solo Assist Sck Fumb

Curtis Lofton 19 16 3 0 1

Mike Peterson 16 16 0 0 2

Stephen Nicholas 13 12 1 1 0

Erik Coleman 11 10 1 0 1

Thomas DeCoud 7 7 0 0 0

Chris Houston 7 5 2 0 0

John Abraham 6 5 1 2 0

Kroy Biermann 6 5 1 2 1

Brian Williams 5 4 1 0 0

Jonathan Babineaux 4 4 0 0 0

Brent Grimes 4 3 1 0 0

Chauncey Davis 3 2 1 0 0

Chevis Jackson 2 2 0 0 0

Chris Owens 2 2 0 0 0

Thomas Johnson 2 1 1 0 0

Coy Wire 1 1 0 0 0

Peria Jerry 1 0 1 0 0

Jamal Anderson 0 0 0 0 0

From NFL.com, taking a look at the stats on defense. The LB's have taken the load off of the Safeties in terms of leaing the team in tackles.

FYI - I had to add a row for Jamal Anderson, Because NFL.com does not track players with 0 tackles, assists, or sacks. Just saying......

Player Tak Solo Assist Sck Fumb

Curtis Lofton 19 16 3 0 1

Mike Peterson 16 16 0 0 2

Stephen Nicholas 13 12 1 1 0

Erik Coleman 11 10 1 0 1

Thomas DeCoud 7 7 0 0 0

Chris Houston 7 5 2 0 0

John Abraham 6 5 1 2 0

Kroy Biermann 6 5 1 2 1

Brian Williams 5 4 1 0 0

Jonathan Babineaux 4 4 0 0 0

Brent Grimes 4 3 1 0 0

Chauncey Davis 3 2 1 0 0

Chevis Jackson 2 2 0 0 0

Chris Owens 2 2 0 0 0

Thomas Johnson 2 1 1 0 0

Coy Wire 1 1 0 0 0

Peria Jerry 1 0 1 0 0

Jamal Anderson 0 0 0 0 0

Thats impressive. There is even a 2 tackle drop from the LB position to the S position and he's our SS so he's more likely to get in on tackles. After than there is more significant drop off between SS and FS and then the rest of the team. SWEET!!!!

Thats impressive. There is even a 2 tackle drop from the LB position to the S position and he's our SS so he's more likely to get in on tackles. After than there is more significant drop off between SS and FS and then the rest of the team. SWEET!!!!

I agree. It was scary when your leading tackler was your S. This defesnse is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Lets see how we do agaisnt Brady this week.

Ya Rev, my only concern is we're still giving up big plays on 3rd and long. I hear 3-15 or 3-16 and cringe. We give these up way too much. WAY too much. But, its probably a symptom of QB pressure, not coverage. Give any NFL QB too much time when everyone is running 15+ yeard routes and someone will get open. That being said, when all of the receivers are running 15+ yard routes and you can get pressure, you can kill that play 75% of the time.

BWAHAHAHAHAA.

Rev, Gazoo and Falcon Faithful ain't gonna like that statement at all. At least you recognize a bust when you see one.

If everyone is happy with the way that JA98 played in the first 2 games, then are they going to be happy if he puts up the same statistics for the next 14 games? Is it OK to have a starting DE with zero tackles, zero assists, and zero sacks for a season?

I'm just saying.....

If everyone is happy with the way that JA98 played in the first 2 games, then are they going to be happy if he puts up the same statistics for the next 14 games? Is it OK to have a starting DE with zero tackles, zero assists, and zero sacks for a season?

I'm just saying.....

Its amazing how little people expect from players who put on the uniform. I expect significant contributions for those lucky enough to grace the field on the 45-man active gameday roster. It annoys the snot out of me when someone is being given every opportunity to succeed, yet continues to suck so badly.

Remember what it felt like to watch Adam Jennings keep running out for punt returns last season? Thats the same feeling I get watching JA98 run out on the field. Its just a matter of time before we no longer have to suffer through the same ole same ole.. Apologists say, "But, but Jamaal played sooo good, did you not watch the game? He was the reason everyone else was making sack and tackles. Without JA98, we would be nothing."

Seriously. A 400 pound lard butt DT could be the EXACT same thing that JA98 does on the football field. Hold the line of scrimmage. Period. I would argue that a big ole fat DT would be far more likely to break a block and make a play sometimes. Darren Sproles and TE Jeff King blocked JA98 1v1 with ease. Total and complete bust of a professional football player.

LBs have great stats because the DL is taking up the blockers and freeing the LBs up to run to the ball.

This defense works bet when all do their jobs, and sometimes that means few stats. Jerry was playing a LOT better than some realize, despite having only 1 tackle. His injury was a big blow.

LBs have great stats because the DL is taking up the blockers and freeing the LBs up to run to the ball.

This defense works bet when all do their jobs, and sometimes that means few stats. Jerry was playing a LOT better than some realize, despite having only 1 tackle. His injury was a big blow.

I agree that the DL is playing better this season. I chalk that up to the rotation.

I agree that Jerry's loss will be big. He was coming into his own.

I think that when the DL does their job, it shows up in stats. I expect all DL's have tackles and assists, and I expect sacks from the DE's. But that is just my opinion.

I agree that the DL is playing better this season. I chalk that up to the rotation.

I think that when the DL does their job, it shows up in stats. I expect all DL's have tackles and assists, and I expect sacks from the DE's. But that is just my opinion.

It is the truth every defender should have tackles or assits it mean you are completing your tasks and not almost completing your task, heck you even get credited for helping some complete their task with an assisted tackle

Fat Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams really helped Ray Lewis during their Super Bowl season. Our first sign of trouble is when our CBs and safeties start leading the team in tackles.

Rev,

I've been reading many posts where fans think us losing Jerry is not a big deal and he had only 1 tackle so far, but he was drawing double teams and was disruptive inside. You are right, his loss is big.

I also meant to say that Lofton is playing balz out football (irresepctive of the DL play). Nicholas and Peterson are playing well too, but Lofton is a very talented, gifted football player IMO.

Fat Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams really helped Ray Lewis during their Super Bowl season. Our first sign of trouble is when our CBs and safeties start leading the team in tackles.

another good point, LBs love it when they have a good DL up front....it makes a huge differnce.