The reason the Falcon's have to keep running

schwarzenegger321

Just watch the Dolphins/Colts game. I've been watching parts of it and one thing is apparent. A running game will neutralize another teams passing game if they cannot consistently run too. There are other things in play in this game as well, like defense. But, look at the stats. The time of possession (early 4th Quarter and its like 36 minutes Miami and 12 minutes Colts), first downs (something like 25 v 8) and total yards (300+ v 180) are extremely lopsided. The Colts might pull of a win, but if they do it will only be because of Manning and I bet they couldnt do it twice in a row.

Even though I would love to watch Ryan just air it out and drop back 40 - 45 times a game, that will not win you many championships. The Rams and the "greatest show on turf" was a fluke and I don't think it will be repeated any time soon. Even Brady when he won the SB's had somewhat of a rushing game. We still need to pound the rock 25 - 30 times a game and control the tempo.

Just reading some of the New Orleans garbage that's out there. Some "experts" are ready to crown them. Let's wait for two or three more weeks before we start drawing any conclusions about who has a shot at the SB.

Just watch the Dolphins/Colts game. I've been watching parts of it and one thing is apparent. A running game will neutralize another teams passing game if they cannot consistently run too. There are other things in play in this game as well, like defense. But, look at the stats. The time of possession (early 4th Quarter and its like 36 minutes Miami and 12 minutes Colts), first downs (something like 25 v 8) and total yards (300+ v 180) are extremely lopsided. The Colts might pull of a win, but if they do it will only be because of Manning and I bet they couldnt do it twice in a row.

Even though I would love to watch Ryan just air it out and drop back 40 - 45 times a game, that will not win you many championships. The Rams and the "greatest show on turf" was a fluke and I don't think it will be repeated any time soon. Even Brady when he won the SB's had somewhat of a rushing game. We still need to pound the rock 25 - 30 times a game and control the tempo.

Just reading some of the New Orleans garbage that's out there. Some "experts" are ready to crown them. Let's wait for two or three more weeks before we start drawing any conclusions about who has a shot at the SB.

man I've been on Super Saints Forum all day trying explain the difference between Kolb and McNabb but they just refuse to see it. "Thier going 19-0 and are gonna average 50 points the whole way" :rolleyes:

man I've been on Super Saints Forum all day trying explain the difference between Kolb and McNabb but they just refuse to see it. "Thier going 19-0 and are gonna average 50 points the whole way" :rolleyes:

Its a saints forum, what do you expect? If Ryan had thrown 9 TD passes, this forum would be overloaded with super bowl talk.

Lets see the Saint's D play a QB that's actually started a game before we anoint then super bowl favorites.

We keep offenses off the field, we put ourselves in great position to win the game.

We aren't built like the Colts...I believe our defense is a lot better, but if we take this same approach like how I think we'll take against the Pats this week and that's executing long, methodical drives to eat up clock and keep the defense fresh, we should have every bit of an opportunity to win the game. The Aints' defense looked good last week only because of Kolb...I know we can tire those guys out quickly...we just have to put up points and give Brees a small, time frame to get in the redzone. Add the pressure of scoring quickly with our DT rotation constantly in your face, we may be able to force a few turnovers. Our defense may not be as efficient, but they are tough and they can definately hit and IMO, power will always dominate finesse.