We stopped the Wildcat yet its running wild tonight!

falcons4life

Is the Indy Defense that bad or is ours that good?

The fins have over 200 rushing yards after 3 quarters and much of it via the Wildcat.

Interesting to see it be so successful after we shut it down.

Wonder if having so much time to study and prepare for it had our guys ready to stop it.

Indy had a week basically.

Yet with the fantastic job we did last week, Gruden and Jaws going on and on about how great the Wildcat is and never speaking about how the Falcons stopped them cold.

I think two big factors play into this:

1. We proved that being fast for a QB (Pat White) doesn't mean you can outrun the NFL defenses and so the Dolphins had to learn from that case.

2. They were playing from behind against us so they had to pass more and their RB's still had a good average, but they were playing catch up with passes.

I think two big factors play into this:

1. We proved that being fast for a QB (Pat White) doesn't mean you can outrun the NFL defenses and so the Dolphins had to learn from that case.

2. They were playing from behind against us so they had to pass more and their RB's still had a good average, but they were playing catch up with passes.

I would like to add one: Overconfidence!!!!!!

We faced Carolina at their best and won, we didn't have to catch Jake on an off night to get the win!

Yeah we took Carolina's best shot and still won - a division game after an embarrassing loss where they had everything to prove to the doubters. I think the Dolphins are in a similar situation tonight; they are trying to prove that they are better than their embarrassing performance last week in a national TV game...