Radio announcers mentioned Lofton chewing out Anderson?!

xFalconLord

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a good buddy who listens to the call on the radio while he watches it on television. I talked with my friend this morning and he said that Wes Durham and Dave Archer were talking about Lofton chewing out both Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston.......

I have a good buddy who listens to the call on the radio while he watches it on television. I talked with my friend this morning and he said that Wes Durham and Dave Archer were talking about Lofton chewing out both Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston.......

Thats what I heard. They didnt show this on TV. I made a post on the gameday thread about CAR attacking Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston early in the game. Houson gave up a 30 yard completion and then they rushed for 30 yards right at Jamaal Anderson on the same drive in route to a TD on a Houston missed tackle.

Im guessing it was after that drive.

So Peterson's methods of leadership are rubbing off on Lofton? Good.

That's the exact response I gave to my pal who told me about the radio call.....Peterson making Lofton more vocal....I like it.

Thats what I heard. They didnt show this on TV. I made a post on the gameday thread about CAR attacking Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston early in the game. Houson gave up a 30 yard completion and then they rushed for 30 yards right at Jamaal Anderson on the same drive in route to a TD on a Houston missed tackle.

Im guessing it was after that drive.

i remember that run, right up highway 98. He was right there all he had to do is grab the running back as he went by...... I usually don't have any negativity towards Anderson but he needs to keep his head up while engaging the blocker. He could have easily prevented that run.

Lofton must have read my post about those two misfits last week. Those piggies have to go....

... actually Houston made some plays this week, but JA98 still looks like he is lost out there.

I'm not sold on the idea that Houston is beyond redemption yet.....might be wishful thinking on my part, I freely admit that....but he has some physical skills that I don't see in Anderson.

Didn't hear about it while I was listening to the game on my headset at the game, but I am sure it must have been full of drama.

Btw.....why did you get there after kickoff? You were not in row 25 of section 327 at kickoff and should be embarrased to be "one of those fans" .

Lofton got on Houston after he did a miserable job on Williams TD run...

i remember that run, right up highway 98. He was right there all he had to do is grab the running back as he went by...... I usually don't have any negativity towards Anderson but he needs to keep his head up while engaging the blocker. He could have easily prevented that run.

:lol: Now I'm sorry I read that. I'm gonna have a hard time not thinking about that statement when/if JA98 gives ground.

Didn't hear about it while I was listening to the game on my headset at the game, but I am sure it must have been full of drama.

Btw.....why did you get there after kickoff? You were not in row 25 of section 327 at kickoff and should be embarrased to be "one of those fans" .

I put that seat number up just for show in that thread to say you could hear a bone crushing hits from the upper deck in the dome ;) . If I had the money, I would be a season ticket holder. Im just a poor young-en trying to make a living right now.

Thye ran at Abraham and Beirmann all day long with success. Time after time I watched runners get past both of them and not a peep here about it.

However, we all know only certain players get threads started and beaten over the head if it is so much as speculated they got blocked out of a tackle..

Thye ran at Abraham and Beirmann all day long with success. Time after time I watched runners get past both of them and not a peep here about it.

However, we all know only certain players get threads started and beaten over the head if it is so much as speculated they should have gotten off the block.

All I can tell you for certain is that the longest run of the day (28 yards) was right at Jamaal and is viewable on the highlight video. The other long run was 16 yards and was right up the middle at Jerry.

oh man, you just killled what was set to be a 20 page thread of bashing, accusing, speculating and pile jumping onto a player by bringing the truth.

You rained on the haters parade alright!

Sorry, happened right in front of where I was sitting and it was obvious Lofton was not pleased (nor was the crowd)...

This is the kind of thing that Smitty had to have in mind when Brooking was jettisoned and Peterson brought in. Most of you will remember the talk before the Peterson signing as to whether Lofton was going to be up to the task of being a leader on defense in his 2nd year. It's now apparent that Peterson is an upgrade over Brooking (regardless as Brooking's rep as the home town hero, etc) but we also know that Peterson isn't exactly on the upside of his career. Peterson is a leader AND a mentor that young guys like Lofton benefit from. Peterson's influence on the 2009 Falcons will hopefully be felt long after he's hung 'em up.

All I can tell you for certain is that the longest run of the day (28 yards) was right at Jamaal and is viewable on the highlight video. The other long run was 16 yards and was right up the middle at Jerry.

So the defensive call had no LB, S or CB at the second level and the 16 yard run was not only 100% on JA98 but Beirmann and JA55 played better because someone else made the tackle after they got blocked out of the play numerous times all game.

Ok...I think its pretty clear where you are coming from.

Say hey to Dorothy and Toto for me while you're there.

Sorry, happened right in front of where I was sitting and it was obvious Lofton was not pleased (nor was the crowd)...

Did you watch as they went to the sidelines? Wes and Arch are pretty good with accuracy on their calls.

My original source for the info strictly mentioned Jamaal Anderson. So I would guess that Wes and Arch were talking about something that happened on the sidelines.

So the defensive call had no LB, S or CB at the second level and the 16 yard run was not only 100% on JA98 but Beirmann and JA55 played better because someone else made the tackle after they got blocked out of the play numerous times all game.

Ok...I think its pretty clear where you are coming from.

Several mistakes in this post.

1) JA98 gave up the 28 yard run, not the 16 yard run

2) The LBs job is the fill the hole, which should be INSIDE of the DE not outside. If JA98 does his job and keeps containment (forcing the play inside) then Peterson was there to crush some heads.

3) Give me a specific play where Abe or KB71 gave up big plays in the run game

Toto out

However, we all know only certain players get threads started and beaten over the head if it is so much as speculated they got blocked out of a tackle..

That's because Abe and The Beer Man can lean on a body of work. What can Busterson lean on other than Chuck Smith quotes about how much of a beast he will be? Geez that Bust is gonna take you AND Chuck down with him.

LMAO. Trying to trash the two best DEs on the team in support of The All Time Biggest Top 10 NFL DE Bust. Shameful. You're not setting a good example for your minions. They have to be quite confused by your statement. Falcon Faithful should discuss the rules of being a True Fan with you. She has to be disappointed in you Gazoo.