4th Quarter Offense

srichter23

I have noticed that over the past 2 years, our offense has not chewed up the clock in the 4th quarter when we have had the lead. Like yesterday, while trying to protect a lead in the 4th quarter we had one three and out and another very short drive with mostly 1 yard runs by michael turner. Is it playcalling? Is it just that turner is tired late in the game? Just one first down would have completely disabled the panthers from even getting the ball back, but yet they almost had a very real shot to tie game up. What do you guys think?

yeah with turner it's hit or miss. he's either gonna drag a couple guys with him for like 8-10 yards or he's gonna get stopped for 0-2 yards. Yesterday instead of the running late in the game i would have been more in favor of the 7 yard passes that carolina waited for the falcons to catch before they did anything about it.

yeah with turner it's hit or miss. he's either gonna drag a couple guys with him for like 8-10 yards or he's gonna get stopped for 0-2 yards. Yesterday instead of the running late in the game i would have been more in favor of the 7 yard passes that carolina waited for the falcons to catch before they did anything about it.

:lol: :lol:

'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad. Darrell Royal / University of Texas

Pass plays do not eat up clock time like run plays do. The play calling was correct it was the execution that was lacking

I have noticed that over the past 2 years, our offense has not chewed up the clock in the 4th quarter when we have had the lead. Like yesterday, while trying to protect a lead in the 4th quarter we had one three and out and another very short drive with mostly 1 yard runs by michael turner. Is it playcalling? Is it just that turner is tired late in the game? Just one first down would have completely disabled the panthers from even getting the ball back, but yet they almost had a very real shot to tie game up. What do you guys think?

yep, play calling gets way way too conservative at the end of the games. Its like they try and hold on for dear life not to loose the game. It is way to predictable, the other team just loads the box and stops the run. We can not keep putting it on the defense to win these close games because when we play a good QB (not Delhomo) they will march down the field and win the game. I like the ball in the offenses hands more than the defense. do what it takes to keep it in the Os hands, and if that means throwing the ball then throw the ball. Its time to start trusting Matt at the end of these games.