Stopping The Run

Clark Kent™

With the loss of Jerry i think that that is a pretty big loss for our interior pass rush, but i think with Trey Lewis stepping in that it could actually help our defense to stop the run better. Now preferably i would rather have a better pass rush than a better run defense, but that is a plus of having Trey Lewis in there.

I think that with the loss of Jerry we need to find different ways to blitz. Whether its a LB or S i think we need to have some creative blitzes. Maybe a little Spencer Adkins action? Maybe run a little 5-2 at times?

With a strong run defense and a strong run offense we will be a tough team no matter what. So i am not too concerned about the loss of Jerry. Thoughts?

Trey Lewis hasnt even been activated for any of our games so the coaching staff obviously knows something we dont. I liked Lewis a couple years back, but it doesnt look like Smitty feels the same way. Vance Walker needs to step it up and become the steal of the draft! Hey, stranger things have happened....

This might be a good game to unveil some 3-4 looks to try and get Adkins on the field. We need to try and generate as much of a rush as possible before Brady gets too comfortable and starts to pick our secondary apart. Question is is Lewis ready to go?

I think Lewis is good, there has not been anything indicating otherwise, I just think that the staff liked Johnson a little better for some reason.

Trey Lewis hasnt even been activated for any of our games so the coaching staff obviously knows something we dont. I liked Lewis a couple years back, but it doesnt look like Smitty feels the same way. Vance Walker needs to step it up and become the steal of the draft! Hey, stranger things have happened....

Yeah i was wondering why he would be inactive? I mean i thought he was one of the better DT's. Throughout preseason i thought he looked better than Johnson and he hussled every where he went. He was making tackles in the secondary on a few occasions. So yeah i would atleast think he would be inactive at the least. I was suprised he wasnt even in the rotation.