Laurent Robinson

russ7000

during the trade I forgot who we got for this guy, I think we should have kept Robinson even though we are loaded this year on offence.. <_< <_<

Robinson caught a team-high six passes for 54 yards with a touchdown in Sunday’s 9-7 loss at Washington.

Recommendation: Robinson’s touchdown catch came on a play in which he outjumped the defensive back to haul in the two-yard pass. Through two games, Robinson has been the main target in St. Louis. In fact, second-year speedster Donnie Avery, who was expected to lead the Rams in receiving in 2009, had just one catch for four yards and lost a fumble on Sunday. While Robinson has played fairly well through two weeks, keep in mind that St. Louis has scored a total of seven points.

(Rotowire.com)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, the reason Robinson looks good as a Ram is that they haven't got anything else.

H.ell, I'd look good playing for the Rams !!! LOL

:lol:

he looked good playing with the Falcons. This guy didn't out of nowhere start making plays. he's been making plays since he was drafted. people have always said he can be as good as Roddy or better. then he has ONE injury riddled season and he's just a mediocre 5th WR and injury prone? Torry Holt played for the Rams,does that make him look better than he is? does Nnamdi look like the best CB in the NFL just because he plays for the Raiders. on second thought Tony Gonzalez is only a HOF TE because he played for the Chiefs. rrrrright STFU

No, but we should have drafted better in the most recent draft. Our problem is not offense. Its defense. Our pass defense or lack there of, might get exposed this weekend by Tom Brady.

Might get exposed ???

Trust me, it WILL get exposed..................BIG TIME.

Belichick will have a sly grin on his face all this week salivating over what he will do against our D.

He lives for this kind of game.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, the guy had one good game. I always though the dude had potential, but never showed it. I'm over it. Lets focus on our squad.

never showed it? he ALWAYS showed it when he played. The only reason he's not still with us and not starting opposite Roddy is because he had a bad year with injuries last year and we had success with jenkins and douglas while he was out. That one game he got time against the Bucs last year was a better game than Jenkins had all season

No, he would have been 5th on our depth chart, did not play special teams, couldn't block, was injured a lot and apparently did not see eye to eye with this coaching staff.

false.he was the starter before he got hurt. and he was on our special teams his rookie year. he also could return punts and kicks

Might get exposed ???

Trust me, it WILL get exposed..................BIG TIME.

Belichick will have a sly grin on his face all this week salivating over what he will do against our D.

He lives for this kind of game.

Are you talking about the New Endland patriots thats ranked 28th in passing D,and 29th in rushing defense? You should follow whats going on in the NFL before you comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, the guy had one good game. I always though the dude had potential, but never showed it. I'm over it. Lets focus on our squad.

never showed what

hes a pretty decent player, he made some plays for us

good hands, good speed, hes a go get it type of receiver. not much of a route runner or a physical guy which is y i guess we got rid of him, but if the type of receiver rams were looking for was a laurent type, they got it. i wish him luck

Don't overlook the angle of the trade as a "light-bulb" moment in his development. That may very well have been the motivation he needed to start preparing and conditioning the way a NFL player must in order to be successful.

It's obvious that the guy had talent, but there's a big difference between being a talented player and a great player in this league. No player is great enough to play well without proper conditioning and preparation, and that's what I really believe was missing from Robinson while he was here...

never showed what

hes a pretty decent player, he made some plays for us

good hands, good speed, hes a go get it type of receiver. not much of a route runner or a physical guy which is y i guess we got rid of him, but if the type of receiver rams were looking for was a laurent type, they got it. i wish him luck

Let me rephrase: Never got to live up to his potential in a Falcon uniform, which is a shame. I wish him luck also

No, he would have been 5th on our depth chart, did not play special teams, couldn't block, was injured a lot and apparently did not see eye to eye with this coaching staff.

He was almost the 2nd receiver. Who knows where he would have been on the depth chart.

I have heard nothing about any conflicts with the coaching staff.

during the trade I forgot who we got for this guy, I think we should have kept Robinson even though we are loaded this year on offence.. <_< <_<

Robinson caught a team-high six passes for 54 yards with a touchdown in Sunday’s 9-7 loss at Washington.

Recommendation: Robinson’s touchdown catch came on a play in which he outjumped the defensive back to haul in the two-yard pass. Through two games, Robinson has been the main target in St. Louis. In fact, second-year speedster Donnie Avery, who was expected to lead the Rams in receiving in 2009, had just one catch for four yards and lost a fumble on Sunday. While Robinson has played fairly well through two weeks, keep in mind that St. Louis has scored a total of seven points.

(Rotowire.com)

No we should not of kept him, we didnt know HD83 would go down, and it was better to get something for Laurent Robinson than have him leave via free agency. We have B Finn and Marty Booker as our 3rd and 4th guys now. This team is already young enough, we need veteran leadership, not Robinson....