Football question .? Not a Jammal Anderson hate topic

SWIFT HITTER

did him getting up to field and not the being in position to fight off block and stop that run. To me he should have recognized the play and made a effort to throw his body into Williams

link

55 seconds in..

I saw him get locked up and tied up with blockers the whole game.. The guy has nothing.. Im tired of him.. I had his back the first 2 years.. Over him now.. He's a wash.

I saw that he read the back was going to hit the gap. He and the tackle got into a hands fight, but JA was getting stood up so he couldnt see into the backfeild. The other part of that play is the acceleration of the back was almost unreal. The only way the DE wins that battle would be if the DT controlled the gap while he got a good jump outside. That play wouldve been a decent gain anyway cause the D-line got their butts whooped on that one

I saw that he read the back was going to hit the gap. He and the tackle got into a hands fight, but JA was getting stood up so he couldnt see into the backfeild. The other part of that play is the acceleration of the back was almost unreal. The only way the DE wins that battle would be if the DT controlled the gap while he got a good jump outside. That play wouldve been a decent gain anyway cause the D-line got their butts whooped on that one

Ya, except for the fact that was a TE blocking him, not an OL...

My thing is this.....Jamaal is a top 10 pick. We are to expect him to make great plays, let alone the routine plays, and he does not. I think at this point it's obvious he's not a 1st round talent.....

ohh def, based on what he is and has done, he's 5th round talent at best

98 quit on plays during the Pre Season.

Bierman kept working hard and was relentless.

Both have taken what they did in the Pre Season into the Regular Season.

How you practice is exactly what you will take into Game Day,,,,End O Story !

98 is Pine Sol and you will not see him as a Falcon next season.

think about it, if we had drafted this guy in the 5th round, right now you would be happy with his production and salary cap hit

I have always wonder why its the players fault or why hes labeled a bust when he has no control over when and where is drafted. Why arent the scouts and GM the busts.

I have always wonder why its the players fault or why hes labeled a bust when he has no control over when and where is drafted. Why arent the scouts and GM the busts.

Mckay was a bust for picking JA98 without working him out. IMO at this point it doesnt matter what round he was picked in, if he was a late round pick he would have been cut by now, but because he was a 1st round pick he is getting the benefit of the doubt , so actually his 1st round draft status is really working out for him.

A player is labeled a boom or bust based on where they are drafted. Their draft position reflects what you expect out of them as a player. Jamaal was drafted 8th Overall. A player drafted that high is expected to be a franchise player, or at least produce very well for his position.

Was he a bad pick? So far? Yes, he's been a monumental mistake. So far he's leaning closer to MAJOR bust instead of even moderate success. Now here's the thing with Jamaal. It's not like he's been inconsistent or average, he's been performing absolutely abysmally by any standard.

His Miami performance was solid, but Carolina was absolutely terrible. He was getting blocked entirely out of play by a TE named Fish for God's sake. That's absolutely terrible. His performance is below average at this point, he is getting payed like a high 1st rounder, and he's been a liability on the field.

This was not a good play. He should keep the play from getting to the edge and force it back inside AT LEAST. He also could have beat the block and made a tackle (if he wanted to actually be productive). Lastly, he could have moved laterally well enough to string the play out to allow others to swarm to the ball.

He opted to do none of the above.

Part of it is that he doesnt have the physical ability to beat a TE 1v1, he doesnt have the speed to keep up with a QB (much less a HB), and he doesnt have the desire to overcome his physical limitations.

Its a total lost cause, and has been for a while now.

This was not a good play. He should keep the play from getting to the edge and force it back inside AT LEAST. He also could have beat the block and made a tackle (if he wanted to actually be productive). Lastly, he could have moved laterally well enough to string the play out to allow others to swarm to the ball.

He opted to do none of the above.

Part of it is that he doesnt have the physical ability to beat a TE 1v1, he doesnt have the speed to keep up with a QB (much less a HB), and he doesnt have the desire to overcome his physical limitations.

Its a total lost cause, and has been for a while now.

After that play i pretty much gave up on JA98, hopefully he proves me and you wrong.

did him getting up to field and not the being in position to fight off block and stop that run. To me he should have recognized the play and made a effort to throw his body into Williams

link

55 seconds in..

Should he have? Maybe.

However, this is EXACTLY how Biermann plays every run and absolutely NOBODY on this MB (besides me) seems to have a problem with it.

Should he have? Maybe.

However, this is EXACTLY how Biermann plays every run and absolutely NOBODY on this MB (besides me) seems to have a problem with it.

Robb seriously bro. This generalization to try and prove a point just makes you look bad. Its absolutely not true. Biermann disengage's blocks and gets in on tackles. That is the exact opposite of how Anderson plays the run.

Robb seriously bro. This generalization to try and prove a point just makes you look bad. Its absolutely not true. Biermann disengage's blocks and gets in on tackles. That is the exact opposite of how Anderson plays the run.

Yeah Robb please provide a link to where you are getting your info from.