NO DISRESPECT TO CRUMPLER BUT i THOUGHT HE WAS A

ATLballer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we bash our players when they leave . . .

Alge Crumpler was one of the best TEs in the NFL when he was here. Period.

Alge was my favorite player when he was here. He was a beast... seemed like he was the only one catching balls from Mike Vick.

While Jenkins and White were constantly dropping the balls you always knew that you could count on Algenon to catch the ball. I remember sportcenter showing how many passes our wr's were dropping. Sure glad thats in the past!

I love how people assume that because they wore a Falcon jersey that they are the best ever.

Calling someone solid but overrated isn't bashing. Grab a kleenex.

Who said best ever?

Alge Crumpler was one of the best TEs in the NFL when he was here. That's a fact.

Name 5 that were better during the period of time he was here?

He was the only person that needed to be stopped in the passing game, and yet he still had plenty of big plays.

Who said best ever?

Alge Crumpler was one of the best TEs in the NFL when he was here. That's a fact.

Name 5 that were better during the period of time he was here?

He was the only person that needed to be stopped in the passing game, and yet he still had plenty of big plays.

Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Todd Heap, and Jason Witten.

Alge was a top tier TE though, and I do like him.

I think it is an example of all the moves TD has made...that have improved the team at almost every position we have upgraded the talent and depth. We got rid of players who many claimed we should not have: Crumpler, Brooking, Vick, Dunn, DeAngelo Hall.....ALL were let go and the team was UPGRADED in those positions. We are building a very SOLID foundation for the future here. I am very impressed so

far with "the process" :D

He was the only one being thrown to on a normal basis.

There are others who were in the league that were better. He was a poor blocker and the only target our qb wanted to throw to. He was solid but he still isn't/wasn't the player our fans made him out to be.

You named 4. And that's exactly the point . . . he was top tier (as you said) and not some scrub as the "goners" would have people believe.

Name one person on this forum who has called him a scrub as of late? I see people calling him over-rated based off how people talked about him during his tenure here, but I didn't see him being called a bad player/scrub.

what the ****? why are u bashing crumpler

a **** of a TE? r u kidding me

he was a good if not great TE for us...

alges not a hall of famer, but shouldnt be disrespected like that cause hes not better than the best TE in nfl history

btw how ******** is it to say "no disrespect" and then bash that person... clearly showing disrespect

Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Todd Heap, and Jason Witten.

Alge was a top tier TE though, and I do like him.

Heap and Witten were not even close to Crumpler when he was at his peak.

You could make a case for Gates, Gonzo is the best receiving TE in nfl history, so no argument there but Heap and Witten neither could hold Crumps jock when he was here.

Is it just me or does Gonzo have Velcro for hands? If the ball hit one it just sticks, it doesn't move, it doesn't jostle around, it just sticks ..........................unbelievable!

that and the acrobatic catches, like when your sitting going, HE CAUGHT THAT? I've seen some throws, and going Alge couldn't catch that. PERIOD. ;)

2004 stats:

29nxqtw.jpg

2005 stats:

68erky.jpg

You were saying?

C'mon now . . . you can make stats prove just about any point you want . . . The Falcons were never "pass happy" during the Mora era . . . So, you could say Alge, did alot with the little amount of passes he got . . . if I'm reading this correctly, that year (2004), he had the highest average per catch, right? So, his 48 catches, though they pale in comparison to some of the other TE's, they must've have been very critical to success of the offense that year, right? You could make that argument for 2005 as well. By the way, just out of curiosity, what were his stats for '06? He was hurt a little or something in '07, right?

I don't understand why some people have to down play down certain Falcons that played before the TD/Smith regime . . . Alge was a very good player during his tenure here, HOF worthy, no, but was good, nonetheless.

On a side note, I remember discussing with somone why the Falcons should've kept Alge last year and they said "well, he doesn't like to block." So, the Falcons let him go and brought in blocking TE's and the position had like a really low number of catches last year. So, this year, what do the Falcons do, they trade for Gonzalez because they saw the need for a pass catching TE and what has Alge become in TN? A blocking TE, funny, ain't it? Even still, Alge had 4 catches for 44 yards yesterday.