True Facts about the Quarterbacks the Falcons have faced....

Peyton

I'm seeing people want to make judgements about the Saints defense based on their first two games, and say their defense is better than the Falcons and what not, and I saw a Saints fan dogging the QBs that the Falcons have played, so I just wanted to add some perspective.

Career starts for Delhomme and Pennington at the time they started against Atlanta - 158

Career starts for Kolb and Stafford at the time they started against New Orleans - 0

Combined wins for Jake and Chad - 93 (against 65 losses)

Combined wins for Matt and Kevin - 0

Career TDs for Jake and Chad - 217

Career TDs for Matt and Kevin - 0

Career pass attempts for Jake and Chad - 4875

Career pass attempts for Matt and Kevin - 45

Career passing yards for Jake and Chad - 35,517

Career passing yards for Matt and Kevin - 167

Career playoff appearances for Jake and Chad - 7

Career playoff appearances for Matt and Kevin - 0

Career playoff wins for Jake and Chad - 7

Career playoff wins for Matt and Kevin - 0

So anyway, you get the point. I think it would be cool if we let the Saints play one game against a QB not making his first career start before we declare them the best defense in the division. Maybe that's just me.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing people want to make judgements about the Saints defense based on their first two games, and say their defense is better than the Falcons and what not, and I saw a Saints fan dogging the QBs that the Falcons have played, so I just wanted to add some perspective.

Career starts for Delhomme and Pennington at the time they started against Atlanta - 158

Career starts for Kolb and Stafford at the time they started against New Orleans - 0

So anyway, you get the point. I think it would be cool if we let the Saints play one game against a QB not making his first career start before we declare them the best defense in the division. Maybe that's just me.

I agree, there defense has not been tested yet.

Good post, they seem to be legit, and so do we. We will see as the season goes on.

Their offense is definitely legit.

I don't think the Falcons or Saints will be able to stop each other much, but the Saints throw more pics, and i think that will be the deciding factor in the Falcons sweeping the Saints this year.

Team A gave up 27 points in two games.

Team B gave up 49 points in two games.

Kinda hard to argue for team B being better.

LMAO!!!!! This is the SIMPLEST way to look at this argument, and I CAN NOT believe I didnt think about that before hand. For sum reason after reading the post by Pat Y, i was thinking that the Saints MIGHT have the best D. But now that I look at it your way, it is a pretty SIMPLE argument that we do!!!!!!!! I apologize for doubting my Falcon brothers!!!!!!

One thing, every game people score points on the saints, if your a good defense you don't score that many. even stafford got over 20, their defense is not that good. ;)

Good post...

The only thing that concerns me right now is that they put up 40+ on the Eagles D.

Ok, but take this into account.

Darren Sharper returned an INT for a TD.

The Eagles fumbled the second half kickoff, giving the Saints the ball on the Philly 24.

Kolb threw and INT that gave the Saints the ball on the Philly 25.

The high number of points had a ton to do with Philly not being able to hang on to the ball. New Orleans scored 5 offensive TDs, the drives started:

Philly 22 yard line

Philly 24 yard line

NO 48 yard line

NO 46 yard line

NO 26 yard line

Atlanta simply won't give the Saints that many golden opportunities. On drives where they started inside their own 40:

1 TD

1 FG

3 punts

1 Int

1 safety against them

Make them drive the whole field, and they aren't nearly as successful.

Ok, but take this into account.

Darren Sharper returned an INT for a TD.

The Eagles fumbled the second half kickoff, giving the Saints the ball on the Philly 24.

Kolb threw and INT that game the Saints an INT on the Philly 25.

The high number of points had a ton to do with Philly not being able to hang on to the ball. New Orleans scored 5 offensive TDs, the drives started:

Philly 22 yard line

Philly 24 yard line

NO 48 yard line

NO 46 yard line

NO 26 yard line

Atlanta simply won't give the Saints that many golden opportunities. On drives where they started inside their own 40:

1 TD

1 FG

3 punts

1 Int

1 safety against them

Make them drive the whole field, and they aren't nearly as successful.

Peyton you are stepping you game up I am proud of you son, I guess you being wrong about Nicholas prompted you to step it up playa :P :lol:

The Falcons played the Dolphins and Panthers. Two division winners with experienced quarterbacks and strong running games that were top rushing attacks, upper level offenses, and top tier defenses last year.

The Saints played the Lions and Eagles with McNabb and no Westbrook for a half with a Kolb at QB. The Lions, one of the worst teams of all time with a rookie QB starting. The Eagles minus Jim Johnson, Donovan McNabb, and Westbrook for a half is not a very good team. Did I mention the Eagles COULD... NOT. HOLD. ONTO. THE. BALL?