My take on Mark Richt let me know what you guys think!

Eddie Dominguez

Ok guys Ive been hearing a lot of talk lately about CMR being on the hot seat and this is what i have to say about that. In my humble opinion Mark Richt is one of the best coaches in college football he has won 80+ games in eight years coaching in one of the toughest conferences in America won 2 SEC titles and gone to 3 BCS games you don't just fluke and do that. Richt brought Georgia back to relevance when he took over here and lets not forget that this is his first head coaching job and has done a heck of a job. Hes coached a few teams with a legit shot at the title since hes been here and I honestly believe that he just hasn't found the right formula to get over the hump and get that NC yet. also in his time at UGA Richt has turned into one of the best recruiters in the nation, and within the past 5 years has started to bring in great talent every year. so i say everyone needs to calm down and really put things into perspective. We don't have 15 NC banners hanging up in Athens we've got 1 so lets stop acting like we've got to win the NC every year and allow Mark Richt to take this program to the next level where we can compete for the title every year. Mark Richt is a great coach and should be commended for the great job hes done so far GO DAWGS!!!

Im with you, Ive said for along time that I dont want Richt to go anywhere and that he really made Georgia what it is today....

BUT

If you ask me about Martinez and even Bobo sometimes, i have to say that i feel like they are holding us back. We have the talent now but there always seems to be something missing.

I want to see RIcht become the Petino of UGA

Ok guys Ive been hearing a lot of talk lately about CMR being on the hot seat and this is what i have to say about that. In my humble opinion Mark Richt is one of the best coaches in college football he has won 80+ games in eight years coaching in one of the toughest conferences in America won 2 SEC titles and gone to 3 BCS games you don't just fluke and do that. Richt brought Georgia back to relevance when he took over here and lets not forget that this is his first head coaching job and has done a heck of a job. Hes coached a few teams with a legit shot at the title since hes been here and I honestly believe that he just hasn't found the right formula to get over the hump and get that NC yet. also in his time at UGA Richt has turned into one of the best recruiters in the nation, and within the past 5 years has started to bring in great talent every year. so i say everyone needs to calm down and really put things into perspective. We don't have 15 NC banners hanging up in Athens we've got 1 so lets stop acting like we've got to win the NC every year and allow Mark Richt to take this program to the next level where we can compete for the title every year. Mark Richt is a great coach and should be commended for the great job hes done so far GO DAWGS!!!

Very good argument and conclusion.

I have to admit, I have my reservations about the coordinators, especially Willie, who had the unenviable position of following Van Gorder. Hopefully, the defense can turn things around.

At least you admit there's only 1 banner--I'll give you all the credit in the world for that alone!

As for Richt, he's a very good coach. That said, I don't think you guys will win a NC until 1 of 2 things happen:

1. He leaves (and then you'll have to find the right replacement for this one to work out)

or

2. He quits being loyal to a fault. If he continues to stick by players/coaches that underperform he'll end up paying for it.

At least you admit there's only 1 banner--I'll give you all the credit in the world for that alone!

As for Richt, he's a very good coach. That said, I don't think you guys will win a NC until 1 of 2 things happen:

1. He leaves (and then you'll have to find the right replacement for this one to work out)

or

2. He quits being loyal to a fault. If he continues to stick by players/coaches that underperform he'll end up paying for it.

From his recent attitude and quotes, this is already underway. I love the loyalty about Mark Richt, it is the 'to a fault' part that bothers me. ^_^

Although, I tend to wonder if the problem isn't that CWM is bad at being DC, just that he has so much on his plate. Maybe we should hire a secondary or co-secondary coach and let WIllie concentrate on being DC?