Jax guys coming up big

FAN_O_THE_ATL

How is it that the two Jags that TD picked up off the scrap heap have arguably made the gamechanging play in both games this year? In the first game it was Mike Peterson causing a fumble and Brian Williams picking it up and returning it. Game two it was Brian Williams blocking a punt and Mike Peterson scooping it up and returning it. These two guys have come in and upgraded their respective positions and we are seeing the results out of the gate. I love it. Last year it was Erik Coleman and Dominique Foxworth from the scrap heap to major contributors. I can't wait to see what Ty Hill can bring to the table if he can learn the defense.

brian williams has also been pretty good in coverage as well. other than steve's deep reception at the begging of the game i don't remember very many 10+ yd passes on b-dub's side. maybe we might need to extend him for a year or two after the season. he can play.

that was a perfect pass from jake. He had him covered pretty good, it is steve smith and you know he is fast and catches everything near him. Cant blame him on that pass.

Yeah, Williams was in good position on that completion, but like you said it was a well placed pass. As for re-upping him next year, I guess time will tell. Did they only sign him to a 1 yr deal? You gotta think that Chris Owens will be battling for a starting spot next year. So the competition should be better next offseason with Houston, Chris Owens, Ty Hill, and Brian Williams (if he comes back), with Grimes and Jackson scratching and clawing to stay in the mix and I'm sure at least one other new face (draft or FA). Until then, though, let's hope that Williams keeps up the solid play and the other side improves.