thakrunk1's first 1 of the early 2009 season.

KRUNKuno

We're 2-0 and looking pretty good. It's hard to truly gauge our pressing needs this early in the season, but I'll give it a shot.

Round 1

Ras-I Dowling, 6'-1'' 200lbs, CB, Virginia

- Im not sold on Chris Houston and havent been since his rookie year. He's a mediocre corner with world class speed. He lacks toughness, awareness, and gives up key plays way too often. I hate not; these are just facts.

Ras-I Dowling is the complete opposite of Chris Houston. Does not have the blazing speed, but gets the job done. Dowling is as physical as can be, and can work in zones. Plus he's long and rangy for you height junkies. He's had a total of 19pbu's and 5int's the previous 2 years to go along with 87tackles and 2ff.

You might be saying, "We already have too many corners!!!" This is true, but the arrival of Dowling would allow for us to trade one of those corners, like Chris Houston who would provide a profitable trade value. Here are some Dowling highlights

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Round 3

Roddrick Muckelroy, 6'-2'' 235lbs, OLB, Texas

- At this point in the season it seems like our linebackers are our strength of the defense, maybe even the team. They are flying to the ball and laying some WOOO-type hits. Our young backers have really taken a liking to Mike Peterson and it's noticeable on field. Bringing in another headbusting linebacker (102tackles last season) that provides versatility as well would do us wonders. He has good size, a nose for the ball, and would fit right in with the vibe that our linebacking corp has evolved into.

Round 4

Dedrick Epps, 6'-4'' 253lbs, TE, Miami

- Something about this guy screams potential beast. Size is great, hands are as soft as pillows in Heaven (22rec 304yds 2td's last year), speed is above average, and he WILLINGLY blocks. Bring him in and have him learn from Tony Gonzalez as quickly as possible because he has a future in the NFL. I might be reaching here, but I think he's worth it.

Round 5

Drew Davis, 6'-7'' 305lbs, OT, Alambama

-Everytime I put an offensive lineman in one of my mocks I conduct a substantial amount of research because offensive linemen dont get a ton of name recognition unless it's holding, false start, or if they're 6'8'' 320+ pounds. Drew Davis has received a different kind of recognition. From NFLDRAFTSCOUT on his 2008 season: started all 13 games and earned back-to-back offensive player of the week honors from the UA coaching staff (LSU & Mississippi State games)...earned Academic All-SEC honors. That's pretty impressive.

20237.jpg

i'll stop there. the rest I would be bs'ing. Comments?

If Ras is not fast I dont think we will draft him, we have been looking for speed from the CB position, especially since the scheme we will eventually be running will leave CB on a island if we blitz
I like Dowling but I feel like he might move to safety once he gets to the league so I doubt we get him. Like the rest of the pick especially Epps because he's from Richmond :D

I think he stays at corner. From what i've read on him, he has deceptive speed. I like him most because of his physical nature and size which wont allow him to get bullied like the corners we have now. Im still an advocate for the notion that we should've kept Jimmy Williams at corner. He shined there more than safety.