the sorry announcers

-Falcon4Ever-

yeah they did say "the panthers are up by 15" when they were trying their best to say the opposite. They also said that the "Panthers have no penalties so far" when in fact they had 1 for 15 yards. it was a personal foul.

I heard about 5 flip flop mistakes as far as the teams were concerned. It was weird. I about threw up with all of the panther love they were showing early in the game.

About how the panthers were angry and hungry for a win after their miserable defeat. yadda yadda yadda.. Delhomie is a wonderfull qb and that one time after a homie completion when they said "now would a qb that lacked confidence throw a great pass like that?"

and say what you will about how good steve smith is. All I can say is "god" does not give a rats arse about wether or not he catches a football or scores a touchdown yet everytime he catches a pass he mixes his vain attempts of self glorification with his usual mix of "thank god" gimme a break.. Every time I think he might show a glimmer of hope he proves yet again he is a T total self involved idiot.

oh yeah, and his body slam of Houston "out of bounds" after he got owned, should have been a penalty.. what a idiot. Talent or not he is the defenition of VAIN.......

and generaly speaking the ref's were ********, but on the humorous side of that one of the ref's got his butt knocked down so many times he looked like a clown in a carnival.. then after the last time he got ran over he gets up acting like he is gonna kick some tail? I laughed my butt off at that one!!!

... but on the humorous side of that one of the ref's got his butt knocked down so many times he looked like a clown in a carnival.. then after the last time he got ran over he gets up acting like he is gonna kick some tail? I laughed my butt off at that one!!!

I agree... someone needs to post those hits on youtube. That last time was priceless. NFL network should be showing this as well as ESPN.

That had to be a record for knock downs for one official in a NFL game.

during carolinas first challenge he kept saying they were reviewing gonzo's catch when they were reviewing roddy's, it was annoying me like crazy

yep! and don't forget about the time they were showing Tony G's catches in the game so far and they showed a Roddy catch instead. LOL

It was a poor performance from the fox group. I like the guys that do the pre season games better. Of course they are homers like me I guess but they sure know more about the teams that are playing..

Yeah, those FOX announcers acted as if they had been informed only a half-hour before kickoff that they were working the Panthers-Falcons game . It seems evident there was no before-game preparation on their part. It was obvious these bozos could have called the game just as well speaking into a microphone while sitting in a bar watching it on TV.

yep! and don't forget about the time they were showing Tony G's catches in the game so far and they showed a Roddy catch instead. LOL

It was a poor performance from the fox group. I like the guys that do the pre season games better. Of course they are homers like me I guess but they sure know more about the teams that are playing..

You mean the guys that were so bad they didn't even know our record last year?

It was bad yesterday but it has been worse.

I have been noticing all year!! He is garbage and so is the clock and down keepers. He dosen't know players names or whats going on and never get the downs right.

lol i noticed the clock

also anyone who gets to watch the replay...after a penalty we were like 1st and 19 or something we ran 2 plays (passes) then we were 4th

and something i believe anyway if anyone noticed or see it on the replay let me know

You mean the guys that were so bad they didn't even know our record last year?

It was bad yesterday but it has been worse.

I was mainly refering to Mr "crooked finger" Baldy.. At least he is knowledgable enough about the falcons to not screw up every players name and position.

I used to think fox had there crap together but man their awefull! But Even though they suck bad I would rather sit there pizzed off at the fox guys than listen to one more jock licking session from collinsworth!! man that guy irritates the heck outta me..

He did'nt as a player but GOD please make him shut up!!

I was mainly refering to Mr "crooked finger" Baldy.. At least he is knowledgable enough about the falcons to not screw up every players name and position.

I used to think fox had there crap together but man their awefull! But Even though they suck bad I would rather sit there pizzed off at the fox guys than listen to one more jock licking session from collinsworth!! man that guy irritates the heck outta me..

He did'nt as a player but GOD please make him shut up!!

Some people don't like Baldy, but at least he has taken the time to know our team.

I like the games that he announces.

It's not like he is the best announcer ever, but he is way better than the garbage we got this game.

And he is trying to work on his craft.

Plus, he is a closet Falcon homer.

several times the announcers would get "confused" about what was going on

one play we were on offence and they said something like

this ATLANTA defense has been on the field a long time

this happened a few times mainly on great plays for us they would call a bad carolina play

as a bad atlanta play

lol pathetic :lol:

Not sure why Fox is using their worst crew to cover out games.

I especially liked how after Houston's intereception with 2 minutes and change, and the Panthers having all three timeouts Stockon says, "...and that should end it.... [pause] If the Falcons can hold on to the ball that is."

@Rob4242

Not sure why we get the worst of the announcers either. For some reason Fox (or whoever sets the distribution maps) thought that NYC, Boston, Cincinnati, Nashville, Kansas City, and Houston would prefer to watch TB @ Buffalo than two 11-5 playoff teams from last year with awesome storylines. I could make a bunch of assumptions, but why bother, eh?

several times the announcers would get "confused" about what was going on

one play we were on offence and they said something like

this ATLANTA defense has been on the field a long time

this happened a few times mainly on great plays for us they would call a bad carolina play

as a bad atlanta play

lol pathetic :lol:

It was one of the worst announced games i have heard in a long time. They didn't know what was going on.