This is why I LOVE # 2

SWIFT HITTER

Some weeks it's going to be in the air," Ryan said. "Other weeks it's going to be on the ground. Statistics don't really mean that much to me."

;) FU Drew Brees you stat compiler

Amen Swift.

thats a disgrace if your a Falcon fan ..you will probably root for him to shred us

Last year I had Turner, Ryan, and White and did well. I eye'd Turner as my first pick but he went at #3 overall so I took Brees. No way I root for anyone playing the Falcons. Pennington is my other QB and that went well last week. Let's keep it going.

Some weeks it's going to be in the air," Ryan said. "Other weeks it's going to be on the ground. Statistics don't really mean that much to me."

;) FU Drew Brees you stat compiler

thats a disgrace if your a Falcon fan ..you will probably root for him to shred us

Come off it man. Brees doesn't call the plays, he just executes them. If you need a heel, pick a different one, Brees is as classy as they come. I'm not a fantasy guy either, but why you gotta put words in people's mouths?

Come off it man. Brees doesn't call the plays, he just executes them. If you need a heel, pick a different one, Brees is as classy as they come. I'm not a fantasy guy either, but why you gotta put words in people's mouths?

im not a fantasy guy either ..Brees is classy but guy has only 1 playoff win in his career . So i can care less about those kind of stats . There are atleast 10 QBS that were drafted from 01' on that have more playoff victories then Drew

Another reason was Ryan's performance on third down yesterday:

The NFL's reigning offensive rookie of the year completed 21 of 27 passes, including 13 straight at one point, for 220 yards and three touchdowns, with only one interception, as the Falcons moved to 2-0 for the first time since 2006 and only the seventh time in franchise history. But just as important as his 122.2 passer rating for the game was Ryan's sterling 98.7 passer rating on third down.

"He was uncanny, wasn't he?" assessed tight end Tony Gonzalez, the 10-time Pro Bowl performer who has quickly forged an intuitive relationship with Ryan. "We want to score every time we have the ball, to keep the ball moving up the field … and he certainly does that for us."

Ryan completed 8 of 10 third-down passes for 87 yards. The only real blemish was an ill-thrown first-quarter attempt over the middle, intended for Marty Booker. The pickoff, by Carolina cornerback Richard Marshall, stopped a promising drive for the Falcons, but it didn't affect Ryan's confidence.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=4490175

im not a fantasy guy either ..Brees is classy but guy has only 1 playoff win in his career . So i can care less about those kind of stats . There are atleast 10 QBS that were drafted from 01' on that have more playoff victories then Drew

There have also been 101 QBs taken in the draft since Brees was selected with the 32nd pick in '01. A playoff winner is an outlier in that group. I'd take Matt Ryan any day over Brees, most people would because of his youth and upside. That said, I think you have to put Brees in the top 3 active QBs, and if current trends continue he's looking like the front runner in the MVP discussion (yes, I know, AP is right there too).

I just think we're going to have to deal with the fact that there's a burgeoning HOFer in New Orleans now. If the front office down there can put together a solid roster, The Saints will continue to be a contender. That's fine by me, because we need strong division games to prepare us for the intensity of the playoffs. Also, @NO is on MNF and if we're both in playoff contention come week 14, our home game is likely to get flexed and nationally televised.

We'll see how that defense holds up down the road though, and I'm curious to see if the Jets can put a stop to their offense in week 4.