Mike Peterson is a Stud

BenB321

Next to Abe Peterson is clearly our best player on defense. The guy is a playmaker knocking the ball loose again today. He is a huge upgrade over Brooking. I love watching Peterson play he is always around the ball, hopefully he will receive the Hickory Stick Award again. Great job TD and Coach Smith for bringing this guy to the Falcons.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next to Abe Peterson is clearly our best player on defense. The guy is a playmaker knocking the ball loose again today. He is a huge upgrade over Brooking. I love watching Peterson play he is always around the ball, hopefully he will receive the Hickory Stick Award again. Great job TD and Coach Smith for bringing this guy to the Falcons.

He is an unbelievably huuuuuuuuge upgrade over Brooking. Peterson has had more good licks on the opposition in 2 games than I can remember seeing from Brooking the last 2 years.

He's a clear downgrade from Brooking. He looked like a tree out there, what game were you watching? He literally was standing there watching their running backs and receivers run by him. I was really let down by his play today. He's lucky he got that one lucky forced fumble to keep the trolls away.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

He's a clear downgrade from Brooking. He looked like a tree out there, what game were you watching? He literally was standing there watching their running backs and receivers run by him. I was really let down by his play today. He's lucky he got that one lucky forced fumble to keep the trolls away.

With that screen name I would not expect anything else. :D

Wow. Coming from you that's a shocking appraisal......... <_<

Will be a tough call this week

Gonzo mad a True HOF's catch today and another one handed catch.

Had it not been for Ryans INT (that one was dumb folks) he would be in the running too.

I would have also considered Mularkey, but the guy still gives me headaches (good ones)

Gonzales all the way, he made most of the critical plays for the Falcons today on offense.

Peterson had a bad game except for that one play.

Agreed....don't know what game they were watching. So many of the long runs by the Panthers on their first TD drive went right down Highway 53. On their last TD drive on the 3rd and 16 play, I believe, Petersons left his jockstrap on about the twenty yardline after the receiver caught the ball. He did make a good play on the tipped pass. The "forced fumble" was a gift from the RB after Peterson failed to plug the running lane. If we want to beat the Saints, who appear to be our only real competition in the division now, the defense will have to play a different ball game than today. This game was Matt Ryan's.

I agree, he definitely is!!1

Agreed....don't know what game they were watching. So many of the long runs by the Panthers on their first TD drive went right down Highway 53. On their last TD drive on the 3rd and 16 play, I believe, Petersons left his jockstrap on about the twenty yardline after the receiver caught the ball. He did make a good play on the tipped pass. The "forced fumble" was a gift from the RB after Peterson failed to plug the running lane. If we want to beat the Saints, who appear to be our only real competition in the division now, the defense will have to play a different ball game than today. This game was Matt Ryan's.

Very true, all the long runs were run at Peterson and he blew it. He was even worse in pass coverage. We are very lucky we got the one pick from Chris Burnt Toast Houston and with Ryan and Gonzo's play today to win.

He is an unbelievably huuuuuuuuge upgrade over Brooking. Peterson has had more good licks on the opposition in 2 games than I can remember seeing from Brooking the last 2 years.

I agree with the direction you are going, but I think Peterson has made more plays in 2 games than Brooking made in his last 4 years in Atlanta. Don't get me wrong, I pulled for him when he was here, but I knew he was a liability. Funny I would always hear people say he was a "Great Falcon" and I think that was way over kill. He may have been a great fan favorite but never made positive plays his last 3 or 4 seasons here. Peterson is a major upgrade.

You must have been watching some old highlights of Keith the past 3 years, because he is waaay better than him . You sound just like a Vick fan bashing Ryan.

At one point it was as if Carolina's running back Williams was anticipating the hit.

Thus he fumbled when Peterson brought the wood. That's what we want. We need

teams to watch film on our defense and fear jumps in their heart before the game.

The intimidation factor is something we haven't had in quite a while. In fact, the

Panthers running backs looked forward to playing our defense. That Davis dude

would pad his numbers against our defense.

You must have been watching some old highlights of Keith the past 3 years, because he is waaay better than him . You sound just like a Vick fan bashing Ryan.

No, I was watching the many,many times today where Peterson stood there and literally watched Carolina players run past him and did nothing because he was too slow to catch up to them or even give an angle of pursuit. They highlighted him getting blown by several times by the announcers.