Coach Smith should've won THREE challenges today!

RockPaperScissors

The refs call on touchdown catches changes with every **** game I see. Goodell needs to talk to his zebra's and get some dang consistency employed in the rules. It's getting just ridiculous. If they made that SAME call in Oakland/San Diego game last week, then Murphy would have two touchdowns lol

Coach Smith was right in challenging that Panthers TD in the fourth quarter. If that pass play to Panthers' tight end Dante Rosario had occurred any other place on the field other than the goal line, it would undoubtedly have been ruled an incompletion. There is just no way Rosario had control. TV reruns made that clear.

Fortunately, the game concluded correctly. I was becoming increasingly concerned as the game progressed, but in the end Panthers interception machine extraordinaire Jake Delhomme finally came through for the Falcons.

I have said this last year and will repeat it now.

The problems is in the wording with the whole instant replay system. To over turn a call on the field it has to be conclusive evidence. Which makes the review a judgment call. Change the wording so that when reviewing a play they are only looking to see if the call on the field was the right call, not conclusive just right period. That might help take some of the judgment out of the call. The whole replay thing is getting to be a joke. If that was a TD then I’m Bill Gates. :lol::lol:

the problem is they keep changing the rules.......under the old rule, I think Rosario had a TD......the old rule was if you break the plane of the goal line with possession its a TD. I think Rosario did that - but one millisecond later he fumbled.....

My understanding from hearing the announcers in the Chargers/Raiders game and the Falcons/Panthers game earlier in the day is that to be a TD or a catch - the receiver has to possess the ball all the way down to the ground......

there was no "second move" which is how the refs explained it - that was a bogus call that almost affected the outcome of the game.....

That TD (not) play was almost the exact same as the Roddy play,

but the Head Ref called roddy's catch incomplete?

Anyway

The other Ref- "U" shirt, white guy

that got knocked on his butt twice by Carolina

The 2nd time,

He was like,

"GET THE H*** AWAY FROM ME!"

That was like the 3rd time, but yea it was hilarious :lol: