sick refs

texasbirdfan

Refs really seem to try and screw us over all the time. Last year I believe it was the late part of the season, it was getting really bad (esp the playoff game!) and now they are continuing. Its lame how refs favor certain teams, esp that one ref who talks funny, I forget his name, he always rigs every game he refs =/

The refs ******* sucked today. I dont get why when we caught a pass, it was incomplete and we had to review it. When the Panthers caught it pass, it was complete and we still would have to review it. Over all, tough game, tough win, they are all not going to be pretty. Great job Falcons

I think the spots were bad on first downs against both teams, but it favored Carolina loosely 3/4 of the time

that last TD by Carolina was illegal according to the new NFL rules on pass catching. please.

Unless I'm wrong, but if he commits a secondary act AFTER catching the ball, it is ruled a completion, correct?

To me, in real-time, that looked like Rosario was stopped by #36 only to make a second push to get into the endzone, where he lost possession when his elbows hit the turf after his knees had hit the ground.

That call could have gone either way. The point is, unless its VERY obvious, a review should not overturn the ruling made on the field.

Refs really seem to try and screw us over all the time. Last year I believe it was the late part of the season, it was getting really bad (esp the playoff game!) and now they are continuing. Its lame how refs favor certain teams, esp that one ref who talks funny, I forget his name, he always rigs every game he refs =/

Tell me last time we played a game and constantly had pass interference penalties in our favor. That alone lets me know that these refs aren't trying to kill us.

Reviews are supposed to only change rulings on the field with undeniable evidence. If it was ruled an imcompletion, it would have upheld. It was ruled a completion, so it was upheld.

The Gonzalez catch that we had to review was just a bad call by the official, robbing TG of another TD, it happens.

that last TD by Carolina was illegal according to the new NFL rules on pass catching. please.

This is why I said last year that on challenge's it should not be indisputable proof if call was right but just was the right call made the first time. Cause the first call was crap but in the Ref's judgment the review was not proof the the first call stunk. Take the whole judgment thing out the equation.

If that was a TD then in the game Oakland last week they had a TD that was taken away.

Seemed like a very well called game by the refs, I didn't see anything that made me scratch my head (other then blowing the whistle on Gonzalez and robbing him of a TD)

Not bad overall... they missed a big holding call on Babineaux on 2nd and 30 before Delhomme threw that TD pass. Their guard hooked Babineaux and rode him all the way back which is something they called on us earlier in the game.

I certainly don't understand how that could be ruled a TD if the catch by the Oakland player the other night was not called a TD. The ball shifted in the guys hands as he was turning to fall into the end zone. Since he didn't have control of it when he started to fall, he needed to maintain control through the fall, and he didn't. I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that it was a TD. I was in a bar so I didn't get to hear the explanation.

Turner had a first down by a couple of feet on that last play on offense.

We got a couple of lousy spots during the game, but screw it, it evens out during the course of a year....... ;)

I think the spots were bad on first downs against both teams, but it favored Carolina loosely 3/4 of the time

True. There was one play where the side-judge was trotting the ball in from the sideline. He steps out of the way to avoid a player running for huddle, and keeps the ball on the new "line" he's marking. Just amateur, really.

Unless I'm wrong, but if he commits a secondary act AFTER catching the ball, it is ruled a completion, correct?

To me, in real-time, that looked like Rosario was stopped by #36 only to make a second push to get into the endzone, where he lost possession when his elbows hit the turf after his knees had hit the ground.

That call could have gone either way. The point is, unless its VERY obvious, a review should not overturn the ruling made on the field.

JMO, and granted I was watching on the PC from someone streaming the game, but it looked like the ball was moving in his hands to me before he crossed the goal line. At first you didn't see the laces, then the laces rotated around and you saw them as he started coming down, before he crossed the goal line, thought he either didn't have control at all or the ball was coming out before he crossed. Would have loved to have been watching on HD instead of an online PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL.

Seemed like a very well called game by the refs, I didn't see anything that made me scratch my head (other then blowing the whistle on Gonzalez and robbing him of a TD)

:huh:

The ref said that Rosario caught the ball, made a football move, then a second move (the lunge to the goal line), so it didn't matter that the ball came loose. I didn't and still don't think he ever secured the ball. How that's a catch and Roddy's in the 1st quarter isn't is beyond me.

^^^^ This.

They can't have it both ways. JMO.

Ok, so last year vs the Panthers (in ATL) Roddy White catches a pass on the sideline with two feet in bounds, gets pushed out of bounds and when he hits the ground out of bounds, the ball pops out. Reviewed, and ruled no catch.

Everyone saw the play in Oakland last week that was ruled no catch.

Now the NFL wants to say the Rosario play was a catch? The inconsistancy of the enforcement of this rule is in a word a joke to say the least.