Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL FALCONS-PANTHERS IN-GAME THREAD

2,502 posts in this topic

Folks, I've been thinking about this one all week. After looking at Jake Delhomme's last eight quarters of football and the sub-par (being kind) performance of Carolina's defense last week, I was feeling pretty good.

I'm not any more.

This is a GOOD football team we're playing today. There, I said it. They've got one of the best running backs in the game, a very solid (if not deep) offensive line, and some real headhunters on defense. Oh, and that pesky number 89, who seems to always save his best performances for the Falcons.

The Panthers NEED this game - even more than we do. Going 0-2, with both losses to NFC opponents, would make the rest of the season an uphill climb for the pride of Charlotte.

And John Fox has been all over this team all week, to be sure, and they're no doubt sick of hearing how they're already non-contenders in the NFC South. Frankly, I am too.

So buckle yourself in, Falcons fans. This is going to be a good old-fashioned donnybrook at the Dome.

Are you ready for some FALCONS FOOTBALL?

They would scare me if they had a healthy team.

But they don't. Best DT is out, starting SS is out (Gonzo will have a huge day imo).

Can't wait for this blow out to start

**** yeah! GO FALCONS!!!!

note: 13% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs. we could make this a two team race for the division after today.