What do you guys think about Florida?

Eddie Dominguez

It seemed like the loss of Harvin and Murphy makes that Gators a run heavy team and also Tenn ran the ball pretty well despite Florida pretty much expecting it after they saw that Crompton wasn't going to be throwing the ball much. I know this was their first real competition but i was expecting to see alot more on both sides of the ball from them. what im really trying to say is Florida didn't look as unstoppable as we may have thought they would be

yeah they looked pretty average today

well part of it is they haven't played any kind of real competition.. two scrimmages are nice and you get a lot of nice numbers to pad your stats for any end of year honors, but it doesn't test you at all. Today was their first test of the year and they won, but them winning was expected. They didn't look good doing it. Right now i haven't seen enough play against actually legitimate teams to come to any conclusion on how good they truly are.

The funny thing is this game was exactly the same as last year in almost every way except James didnt have a return for a TD. Last years score when he did, 30-10. This years score when he didnt 23-13. UT has one of the single best defenses we faced last year and this year. Add to the fact that Monte has been game planning on this one since last spring and I'll think I'll wait a bit longer before I say were down especially given some of the other factors in this game.

I wasn't impressed with UF at all. Even Superman looked average. They just don't look like the same team to me last year. And that defense look overrated. I thought they was suppose to be great. Well that Tennessee line was pushing them around for most of the 1st half. But atleast they won the game they should have. Pete Carroll should call Urban and ask to tips about winning games you should.

I have been thinking LSU has a chance and now I am starting to think Georgia might pull it off this year with the resilience they have shown the last couple of games if they can get the D to come to the game.

CMR and the staff worked on that all offseason.. They wanted to avoid the one thing goes wrong, another things goes wrong, and then boom you get way behind and it's game over issues.. we saw that happen in games against alabama for instance. We have seen that now in 2 straight games where we got down by double digits and then fought back.. our leadership on this team is also very good..

I think UF is good.

I think they're very good.

I never thought they were unstoppable. ESPN makes people think these things year after year...whether it's the Pats when they were going for 19-0, the Trojans when they lost to the Longhorns, etc.

For all the Tebow talk, Harvin was the most dangerous man on the team last year. With him gone and the guy that was supposed to replace him out for the year it changes things. They'll still put up points though. For all the Vols being down talk while Fulmer was down and even this season...the problem has NEVER been their defense.

Still not sure how it's gonna play out b/c I'm not sure how good LSU is and I love our talent but hate our mistakes and secondary. Then, you can't count out Bama or Ole Miss if Florida gets to the conference championship game. They can definitely be beaten though.

Well I wasn't impressed. Lets look at some things, the game started with a big kick return with a face mask and they went for it on forth down. Without the return, three and out, take 3 points off the board. Then Tennessee had the ball inside the fifteen twice in the first half, if we had came away with TD's thats 8 more points on the board, and then there was the straw that broke the camals back, Tebow breaking a tackle on 3rd and 3 to get a first down, and that drive lead to 7 points. So two goal line stands, (if Tennessee had a QB things would have been different I promise) a big drive extending play and starting with the ball in field goal range already. 21-13 Tennessee. A handful of plays won the game for Florida and you cant argue that, tennessee with its QB is incapable of doing anything like that. Tennessee couldnt throw and had sucess running against what is supposed to be a great defense, and Tennessee is one of the worst offenses in the NCAA.

Now im not a homer when looking at this, we should have lost. The game wasnt in question but thats the case due to some mistakes by tennessee. What happens when Florida locks up with a good team. LSU in death valley? SEC Championship? National Championship? They will lose somewhere down the line. Honestly I think Alabama will get their revenge in the SEC championship. The offense lost a step losing those recievers, someone needs to step up.

I think everyone is putting too much emphasis on how we looked in one game to be perfectly honest.

Coach Meyer on why UF didn't open it up:

"When I saw them handing the ball off, you felt like they weren’t going after the win. They were trying to shorten the game. You look out there and they were down 23-6 and there was no no-huddle, so why go out there and throw an interception and throw the game away."

It goes back to the in-game thread. I felt UT was out of the game at halftime. If Tebow doesn't fumble, we're 3 yards away from being up 30-6 and that's without opening up the offense at all...

I think everyone is putting too much emphasis on how we looked in one game to be perfectly honest.

Coach Meyer on why UF didn't open it up:

"When I saw them handing the ball off, you felt like they weren’t going after the win. They were trying to shorten the game. You look out there and they were down 23-6 and there was no no-huddle, so why go out there and throw an interception and throw the game away."

It goes back to the in-game thread. I felt UT was out of the game at halftime. If Tebow doesn't fumble, we're 3 yards away from being up 30-6 and that's without opening up the offense at all...

most of the people posting are UGA fans after all.

I think UF is good.

I think they're very good.

I never thought they were unstoppable. ESPN makes people think these things year after year...whether it's the Pats when they were going for 19-0, the Trojans when they lost to the Longhorns, etc.

For all the Tebow talk, Harvin was the most dangerous man on the team last year. With him gone and the guy that was supposed to replace him out for the year it changes things. They'll still put up points though. For all the Vols being down talk while Fulmer was down and even this season...the problem has NEVER been their defense.

Still not sure how it's gonna play out b/c I'm not sure how good LSU is and I love our talent but hate our mistakes and secondary. Then, you can't count out Bama or Ole Miss if Florida gets to the conference championship game. They can definitely be beaten though.

you have all this talk from florida and they lay an egg on saturday. their fans talked so much and nothing. it was quite a disappointment to many of their fans who EXPECTED a vol blowout. Afterwards of course we have feeble excuses. You always have excuses when a team as hyped as florida was who didn't make any statement. That is part of the problem like with usc against texas you have a team so overhyped that it's ridiculous. As you said we truly don't know just how things will work themselves out, but uf is not this unstoppable force on either side of the ball and is beatable.

you have all this talk from florida and they lay an egg on saturday. their fans talked so much and nothing. it was quite a disappointment to many of their fans who EXPECTED a vol blowout. Afterwards of course we have feeble excuses. You always have excuses when a team as hyped as florida was who didn't make any statement. That is part of the problem like with usc against texas you have a team so overhyped that it's ridiculous. As you said we truly don't know just how things will work themselves out, but uf is not this unstoppable force on either side of the ball and is beatable.

Yes, because doubling up a conference rival isn't nearly enough... :rolleyes:

Yes, because doubling up a conference rival isn't nearly enough... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: With the pregame hype and the 30 point spread and gator fans talking of blowout, destroy them, and they have no chance to keep this game close yes the gators did lay an egg. Gator fans even were commenting on their disappointment they didn't blow out ut after what lane did. So you can spin all you want that this was a good win, but it was an ugly win that gave us more questions about florida.

I can hardly count how many articles i've read that says Kiffin won the day and all I see from the majority of Florida fans who can't give Tennessee credit is excuses. Its so funny to go to Florida boards and see people saying a win is a win! Where last week all you read was, we are going to destroy Tennessee, i wouldn't be surprised if we put 70 up on them, blah blah blah.