I earned a lot of respect for Lane Kiffin tonight.

ghost87

SacFalc... I usually agree with your observations, and I don't want my first post to be otherwise, but I was really impressed by Kiffin today. It would be easy to get overwhelmed by the occasion, but he called a great offensive game against a good Gator defense-- especially considering the limited talent he has. Monte was spectacular (ohhhh Willie :( ) no doubt, but Lane did a good job as both a play-caller and as a HC in preparing his team. SEC East just got tougher.

Monte impressed me alot but the fact that Lane was so caught up with this game that he seemingly over looked UCLA leaves something to be desired. Ive heard alot of UT fans who feel the same about this situation but now its done and he can move on and we'll see how he does going forward.

Monte impressed me alot but the fact that Lane was so caught up with this game that he seemingly over looked UCLA leaves something to be desired. Ive heard alot of UT fans who feel the same about this situation but now its done and he can move on and we'll see how he does going forward.

I am quoting this because it sums it all up the best. Yeah he did good today, but if he would have won last week that would have put some momentum for the team coming into today. He wont be that bad of a coach. I think he brings an energy to UT that it hasnt seen in a while, so he will have his job for at least 5 years.

No he didn't but I didn't see his team come out near as enthusiastic and fired up last week at home as they were the first game or this game and the is squarely on the head coach first and foremost. The truth of it is the team that played hard today in the swamp should have beaten that UCLA team at home.

I agree. Florida was trying to give UT the game. Lane called the worst plays, and that was the same results in the UCLA game. He may have been an overrated OC. Maybe he can call David Cutcliffe.

Dont really understand how you try to "give the game" to maybe your most hated rival but whatever.

Well Lane did coach at USC. So obviously he's use to not preparing to beat a team he should.

UT's D is what kept them in this game and we all know MK and Coach O are responsible for that. I never had any doubts the D would be pretty good with those two on board. I still think LK has a lot of growing up to do before he can become a really good coach IMO. Its his immaturity that might cause some riffs within the staff down the road.. Its highly doubtful LK would be where is today without his dad being MK and I think he takes a lot of things for granted. He didnt have to take as many lumps coming up through coaching ranks as most coaches do and it shows sometimes. Like I have stated before if he will be willing to learn from the people he is around and grow as a coach , he has a lot of upside IMO but sometimes I think he is already a know it all and might fall on his face once Dad and Coach O are out of the picture.I guess this is the long way of me stating I dont have respect for him yet but I do for his Dad.

UT's D is what kept them in this game and we all know MK and Coach O are responsible for that. I never had any doubts the D would be pretty good with those two on board. I still think LK has a lot of growing up to do before he can become a really good coach IMO. Its his immaturity that might cause some riffs within the staff down the road.. Its highly doubtful LK would be where is today without his dad being MK and I think he takes a lot of things for granted. He didnt have to take as many lumps coming up through coaching ranks as most coaches do and it shows sometimes. Like I have stated before if he will be willing to learn from the people he is around and grow as a coach , he has a lot of upside IMO but sometimes I think he is already a know it all and might fall on his face once Dad and Coach O are out of the picture.I guess this is the long way of me stating I dont have respect for him yet but I do for his Dad.

same here.. monte has all the respect from me in the world and Ed O can coach that dline.

I agree. Florida was trying to give UT the game. Lane called the worst plays, and that was the same results in the UCLA game. He may have been an overrated OC. Maybe he can call David Cutcliffe.

Lane called the best plays the he could for this team, unless you haven't noticed we don't have a QB so running the ball and throwing short passes is all we have, if we ask him to throw over 10 yards 90% of the time against a good defense the ball is going to be picked so I was happy with Lanes game plan and how he executed it. I agree he still has some learning to do but I would dare say that if you asked a great defensive coordinator like Monte Kiffin if he still had learning to do he would say yes.

Lane called the best plays the he could for this team, unless you haven't noticed we don't have a QB so running the ball and throwing short passes is all we have, if we ask him to throw over 10 yards 90% of the time against a good defense the ball is going to be picked so I was happy with Lanes game plan and how he executed it. I agree he still has some learning to do but I would dare say that if you asked a great defensive coordinator like Monte Kiffin if he still had learning to do he would say yes.

And besides Manning, you really haven't had one in a while. Tee Martin won a NC. This is college ball, and it's all about the system you run. Ask Florida about all of their QBs. You may not get many good pro QBs, but they are good in college.

And besides Manning, you really haven't had one in a while. Tee Martin won a NC. This is college ball, and it's all about the system you run. Ask Florida about all of their QBs. You may not get many good pro QBs, but they are good in college.

Hm, Casey Clausen and Erik Ainge were both good college QB's, Crompton was recruited by the last staff and coming out of H.S. was a HIGHLY recruited QB, he was either a 4* or a 5* prospect he just didn't pan out. We are attempting to run a pro style system and we currently have no QB's on the roster that are really up to par.

Hm, Casey Clausen and Erik Ainge were both good college QB's, Crompton was recruited by the last staff and coming out of H.S. was a HIGHLY recruited QB, he was either a 4* or a 5* prospect he just didn't pan out. We are attempting to run a pro style system and we currently have no QB's on the roster that are really up to par.

That's pretty much was my thinking. It's not just your team. I don't think too many SEC QBs are pro style QBs. The Mannings, and I still have to wait and see Stafford and Russell. He will get it together soon.

That's pretty much was my thinking. It's not just your team. I don't think too many SEC QBs are pro style QBs. The Mannings, and I still have to wait and see Stafford and Russell. He will get it together soon.

I really hope Bray can come in and be that guy, **** I think Erik Ainge would of done great in this system, Crompton is just basically playing on life support and hopefully he can continue to be a good "game manager" for the rest of the season.

Lane Kiffin has no business being a head coach in the sec. UT has talent, just poor coaching.

Really?? Lane Kiffin has put together one of the best coaching staff in the country, brought in a top 10 class last year with limited time, currently has a top 5 ranked recruiting class, and has the Tennessee fan base more pumped up than ever? Lane Kiffin was a great hire for Tennessee and he called a great game considering the liability he has at QB. If you want to talk about having talent and poor coaching look in your own backyard, the Buckeyes can't win a big game to save their life.