Fire Willie Martinez

Lennon

I don't normally ride the fire someone train, but our special teams has been geting us into so much trouble, while our D is not that bad. When you consistently give your D bad field position then the opposing teams is going to score points. We've got far to much talent on special teams to keep having these problems. Our defense didn't kill us last year, but our special teams did, and now we're still having the same problems. Mark needs to be working first hand with ST for the next few weeks.

Well CMR was quite ticked after the game in his post game comments. He basically called out cwm again. He was very upset with our defensive performance and it was unacceptable. CMR sees the issues. He commented that the defense looked lost tonight on what to do defensively and that falls back on our coaches. Folks I think it's getting close to CMR having enough of it.

Well CMR was quite ticked after the game in his post game comments. He basically called out cwm again. He was very upset with our defensive performance and it was unacceptable. CMR sees the issues. He commented that the defense looked lost tonight on what to do defensively and that falls back on our coaches. Folks I think it's getting close to CMR having enough of it.

:D

After the second half I thought our secondary was leaving men wide open, I couldn't figure it out, but I still think our special teams gave up to much. We've got great talent on special teams, but we are so inconsistent, we keep on with the directional kicking that keeps putting us at the 40 and our players at time don't seem to know what to do. It would also be nice to put a little pressure on the punter, I only saw one play where we tried to pressure them.

In response to some of the things posted; Yes, turnovers were key in 21 of Arkansas' points, put giving up 41 points, adding to one of Willie's many recent 30+ point games and watching the defense look lost on so many plays, leaving guys wide open, and committing dumb penalties is enough for me. You would be in denial if you said that this defense meets Georgia standards despite the turnovers. Mallett tore us up, This isn't a new development, I haven't felt comfortable with our defense for the past few years. I like Willie as a person, but his defense isn't getting the job done, Mark Richt needs to make a change or he will be held equally accountable for our defensive struggles..