UF Offense

SandDrew

After Harvin left for the NFL I honestly didn't expect there to be a drop off, especially with another year under the belt of the offense but they seem to be lacking that big play ability. I promise I'm not trying to start a argument but the statement is aimed at the Florida fans, do you guys feel the same way about this? I'm not saying their not good, they just seem to be lacking the big play ability that they had last year.

Granted its still early in the season and some players could emerge to feel those shoes that was left behind by Harvin

Sort of--we did rush for over 200 yards...

Good rushing performance by Florida today, but we only gave up two TD's, our defense played really well, I just wish we had the offense to compliment it. I honestly wasn't as impressed by Florida's offense as I have been in the past but like a previous poster said when you lose guys like Harvin and Murphy you're bound to do that.

Good rushing performance by Florida today, but we only gave up two TD's, our defense played really well, I just wish we had the offense to compliment it. I honestly wasn't as impressed by Florida's offense as I have been in the past but like a previous poster said when you lose guys like Harvin and Murphy you're bound to do that.

same here.. no impressed at all.. you can tell they are missing murphy and harvin.

I don't know if anyone knows this but our #1 wr didn't play today. Deonte had a tight hamstring and was held out. He's our fast WR and plays Louis Murphys position. That effects the ability to go deep but I think this came down to UT has a great defense and made us work hard. This reminds me very much of the Miami game we had last year.

I don't know if anyone knows this but our #1 wr didn't play today. Deonte had a tight hamstring and was held out. He's our fast WR and plays Louis Murphys position. That effects the ability to go deep but I think this came down to UT has a great defense and made us work hard. This reminds me very much of the Miami game we had last year.

now that you said it, I didn't know if Thompson was playing today

Lol say whatever you want, Tennesses defense did a good job in containing floridas offense. Every team in the country plays with players that aren't at 100% due to injury or sickness. Just because you didn't pull out the big blowout win that everyone was for some reason calling for shouldn't lead to a miriad of excuses. I can pull out a bunch of what ifs too, what if we scored 6 both times we got inside the 5, what if we blocked a fg that we were really close on, what if Dennis Rogan takes that fumble back? It was a hard fought game between two teams and the more complete team won.

Lol say whatever you want, Tennesses defense did a good job in containing floridas offense. Every team in the country plays with players that aren't at 100% due to injury or sickness. Just because you didn't pull out the big blowout win that everyone was for some reason calling for shouldn't lead to a miriad of excuses. I can pull out a bunch of what ifs too, what if we scored 6 both times we got inside the 5, what if we blocked a fg that we were really close on, what if Dennis Rogan takes that fumble back? It was a hard fought game between two teams and the more complete team won.

dude what are you talking about? I've already said twice in two threads that the credit goes to Monte and the defense for playing very good. I also never have said anything about a blowout win. This thread was about our offense not looking as good and I was listing some contributing factors in conjunction with the good defense that UT played. One of those was our #1 wr didn't play and he's our deep threat guy thus the lack of throws deep in this game.Demps is our #1 rb but was very limited today. These things do ad up to an offense playing different than they might another week. You can think I'm making excuses if you want but I don't have to make excuses for my team winning especially when I have NEVER said they would blow UT out.

dude what are you talking about? I've already said twice in two threads that the credit goes to Monte and the defense for playing very good. I also never have said anything about a blowout win. This thread was about our offense not looking as good and I was listing some contributing factors in conjunction with the good defense that UT played. One of those was our #1 wr didn't play and he's our deep threat guy thus the lack of throws deep in this game.Demps is our #1 rb but was very limited today. These things do ad up to an offense playing different than they might another week. You can think I'm making excuses if you want but I don't have to make excuses for my team winning especially when I have NEVER said they would blow UT out.

I should of been more specific with my post J, House was the one in another thread saying that this game could of turned into a blow out IF tennessee didn't score, tebow didn't fumble, and there wasn't an unsportsman like penalty called. Most Florida fans have actually commended Tennessee, I understand what you're saying and agree with your post. I just get agitated when people say things like "Florida wasn't at 100%," when no team in america really ever is.