Soo....went and ate at the Varsity

rgreen0920

This was my first time there, since I am from out of state....I heard good things, i must say that I thought it sucked...the burgers were small and the fries soggy...the o rings were good though........you guys need to come to Iowa to get some burgers..it would blow it away :D

It's the experience, not the food.

How are you handling the grease-hangover?

Want a great Burger, go to Five Guys, want a great Atlanta Experience, go to the Varsity on Game Day.

It's the experience, not the food.

How are you handling the grease-hangover?

Want a great Burger, go to Five Guys, want a great Atlanta Experience, go to the Varsity on Game Day.

yea, the experience was cool...actually.....yea, my stomach has been churning a bit...ate some wings at Taco Mac last night with the death sauce....it was hot but not terrible...it came out burning though

yea, the experience was cool...actually.....yea, my stomach has been churning a bit...ate some wings at Taco Mac last night with the death sauce....it was hot but not terrible...it came out burning though

Take it easy today, have a salad, then make reservation for tonite here:

http://www.fogodechao.com/home/

When you are done, go here for desert and coffee:

http://www.cafeintermezzo.com/locations.html

Welcome to Atlanta!

If you want great burgers, then go to the Vortex. best burgers in atlanta.

Vortex is dank.

Charlie Mopp's on Roswell Road also has really good burgers and bar-food, and like 200 beers.

as far as BBQ- try Fox Bros. on Dekalb Ave. 10x better than Fat Matt's.

sorry you caught some bad weather here this weekend- usually this time of year is gorgeous.

Vortex is dank.

Charlie Mopp's on Roswell Road also has really good burgers and bar-food, and like 200 beers.

as far as BBQ- try Fox Bros. on Dekalb Ave. 10x better than Fat Matt's.

sorry you caught some bad weather here this weekend- usually this time of year is gorgeous.

Vortex is the ****, but kinda different enviroment. They have the best burgers in the A and a HUGE selection of beer. HE has to go to vortex over five guys or fuddruckers, which are franchises.

Vortex is the ****, but kinda different enviroment. They have the best burgers in the A and a HUGE selection of beer. HE has to go to vortex over five guys or fuddruckers, which are franchises.

fuddrucker's blows- never liked them for some reason. 5 guys is a franchise, but still better than any other fast-food/pick-up joint.

Also go to Zesto in Little 5 Points and get a Chubby Decker and a Nut Brown Crown. Little 5 is a neighborhood you gotta check out if you've never been to ATL.

fuddrucker's blows- never liked them for some reason. 5 guys is a franchise, but still better than any other fast-food/pick-up joint.

Also go to Zesto in Little 5 Points and get a Chubby Decker and a Nut Brown Crown. Little 5 is a neighborhood you gotta check out if you've never been to ATL.

L5P is a nice place to chill.

L5P is a nice place to chill.

it's so yuppified it's hard to believe now, but that used to be a quasi-rough area. I grew up real close to there, and it was a whole different world in the late 80's/early 90's. The olympics pretty much changed everything. One day it's nothing but pimps and hoes, and dreads selling pounds out of the free market, and now it's starbucks and police mini-precincts.

This was my first time there, since I am from out of state....I heard good things, i must say that I thought it sucked...the burgers were small and the fries soggy...the o rings were good though........you guys need to come to Iowa to get some burgers..it would blow it away :D

:lol:

Dude, nobody needs go to Iowa for decent burger. Most everyone in these parts knows to simply avoid the Varsity if they are interested in a good burger and you're halfway there.

it's so yuppified it's hard to believe now, but that used to be a quasi-rough area. I grew up real close to there, and it was a whole different world in the late 80's/early 90's. The olympics pretty much changed everything. One day it's nothing but pimps and hoes, and dreads selling pounds out of the free market, and now it's starbucks and police mini-precincts.

QFT. Lived off of Briarcliff not too far from there, when I first moved down here. We would hang there on the weekends from time to time, and that's a pretty accurate description.

Not for nothing... But you're supposed to get hotdogs at the Varsity!!!
Seriously. I didn't even know they had burgers.

Agree that burgers suck at the Varsity. You only go the the Varsity for a chili dog and onion rings with an ice cold coke. It's clearly fast food, but a unique ATL experience.

Lot's of places around town to get a good burger: Varsity is not among them.

On your way back home drive through Spartanburg, SC and go to the Beacon. Order a "Bacon Chilli cheesburger a plenty", sit down and enjoy yourself. That's good food. They supposedly sell more sweet tea than any establishment in the nation. Also their "hash a plenty" is excellent. It's minced Bar B Que with slaw added but they call it hash.