Abraham determined to take down QB

dardan

Abraham determined to take down QB

John Abraham took no particular satisfaction in nearly body slamming Jake Long last week. Long just so happened to be standing between the Falcons' three-time Pro Bowl defensive end and Miami quarterback Chad Pennington. The same will hold true this weekend when Abraham lines up opposite Jordan Gross in his pursuit of Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme. "I'm the pass rusher on this team," Abraham said Friday. "It's my job to get the quarterback." With two sacks in a 19-7 win over the Dolphins, Abraham now has 86 in his career, second-most among active NFL players. His dismantling of Long is still reverberating in Atlanta and Miami. Long, the No. 1 overall draft pick of 2008, spent time this week trying to deflect questions from reporters who wondered how Abraham could make him so vulnerable. After allowing just 2.5 sacks throughout last season, Long gave up two against the Falcons, but Abraham's first-quarter bull rush has become instant fodder for television highlight reels and talk-show radio hosts.

Fantasy Analysis

Abraham's only concern was that Long lost the battle in protecting Pennington and that the Falcons (1-0) are eager to keep Carolina (0-1) on its proverbial heels Sunday at the Georgia Dome. "I'm going to produce no matter what," Abraham said. "It's not just about the sacks. We defend the run. We defend the pass. We follow our game plan and we use our instincts. It's all about winning the football game and keeping yourself in position to get in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl." With Abraham seemingly close to 100 percent healthy and 10 years into his career, Falcons defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder knows matchups against young players like Long are usually going to favor the Falcons. So don't be surprised if Abraham switches from side to side against Carolina. Gross, who starts at left tackle, is in his seventh season. Jeff Otah, the right-side starter, is in his second year. The Falcons' end rotation of Abraham, Jamaal Anderson, Chauncey Davis and Kroy Biermann sacked Delhomme three times in beating the Panthers 45-28 last November. Abraham remains a must-start Fantasy DL.

Abe is a flat out stud and hopefully the rest of the NFL is starting to notice. He probably is the best pass rusher in the entire league. Too bad Jamaal didn't want to listen to him his first year. What an idiot.
Abe is a dumb as that doesn't understand that getting to the QB is way overrated. He could learn a lot from JA98. I can't believe Abe didn't accept Anderson's offer to be mentored by a real DE that knows how to play patty cake at the LOS.

[enter the obsessed above]- A great thread, infected with obsessive negativity, so I will be the first to point the hate out and skip past it>

BACK ON THE POSITIVE TOPIC

I freaking love John Abraham and am so glad he has doen the core work in the ffseason to limit the groin injuries he used to have.

Abraham is an animal on passing downs and is just about unblockable. Wiith Jerry and Babs in the middle and Beirman on the other side, passing downs are no cake ride anymore, and the wat we get to passing downs IS TO FIRST STOP THE RUN.

It takes the entire DL rotation we have to make this deal work, and we are a better, deeper team for it. The entire DL rotation has to do their part, and if they can keep it up we can go far.....very far. We absolutley dismantled Miami, it was a thing of beauty. Here's to an encore tomorrow. And don't forget, Tom Brady doesn't play well under immense pressure as we all saw NYG give him.

*a high 5 to the DL rotation*

[enter the obsessed above]- A great thread, infected with obsessive negativity, so I will be the first to point the hate out and sip past it>

I freaking love John Abraham and am so glad he has doen the core work in the ffseason to limit the groin injuries he used to have.

Abraham is an animal on passing downs and is just about unblockable. Wiith Jerry and Babs in the middle and Beirman on the other side, passing downs are no cake ride anymore, and the wat we get to passing downs IS TO FIRST STOP THE RUN.

It takes the entire rotation we have to make this work, and we are a better, deeper team for it. The entire rotation has to do their part, and ig they can keep it up we can go far.....very far.

[enter the obsessed above]- A great thread, infected with obsessive negativity, so I will be the first to point the hate out and sip past it>

I freaking love John Abraham and am so glad he has done the core work in the offseason to limit the groin injuries he used to have.

Abraham is an animal on passing downs and is just about unblockable. With Jerry and Babs in the middle and Biermann on the other side, passing downs are no cake ride anymore, and the way we get to passing downs IS TO FIRST STOP THE RUN.

It takes the entire rotation we have to make this work, and we are a better, deeper team for it. The entire rotation has to do their part, and if they can keep it up we can go far.....very far.

I couldn't agree more.

[enter the obsessed above]- A great thread, infected with obsessive negativity, so I will be the first to point the hate out and skip past it>

It takes the entire DL rotation we have to make this deal work, and we are a better, deeper team for it. The entire DL rotation has to do their part, and if they can keep it up we can go far.....very far. We absolutley dismantled Miami, it was a thing of beauty. Here's to an encore tomorrow. And don't forget, Tom Brady doesn't play well under immense pressure as we all saw NYG give him.

Gazoo calling someone else obsessed over JA98???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's rich, since **** near every post you've made the past year has been about the guy.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm very, very, very excited about what I saw out of this DL last week. Now, I ackowldge Miaim may be far worse than I realized, but I also know going into that game that the OTs were said to be one of the best tandems in the NFL, and we absolutely dismantled them on BOTH running and passng downs. We owned the LOS, and if we can play like that all year we are going to go far.

I think Jerry is the real deal after watching him explode in preseason game 4. I think with him in the middle, it is really creating problems on passing downs. We all know Abe is unblockable, and hoepfully Beirmann continues t rush the passer like he did last week.

You get in passing situations by stopping the run though, and those guys in there on first and second downs absoluytly deserve some of thge credit. If it is 3rd and 2, your pass rushers cant tee off like they can if it's 3rd and 3 or more.

Defense is a team game, and while we all know the fanasty league armchair GMs only see big plays as meaningful, the real football fan knows better.

darden,

t really is awesome stuff you posted. That's gotta get any real fan stoked about what we have going on here.

No new information in this thread. Abe is a stud. Biermann's coming out party has made the pass rush legit. Anderson and Davis are aight against the run. The DTs are good. Yawn. Then you go on and list your usual talking points that rotation is key, like everyone with half a brain doesn't know, and then blast "armchair GMs" without naming them but implying that they are anyone who attacks Anderson's pathetic pass rushing skills. Stop being self righteous, the coaches won't even let the guy near the field in passz rushing situations.

No new information in this thread. Abe is a stud. Biermann's coming out party has made the pass rush legit. Anderson and Davis are aight against the run. The DTs are good. Yawn. Then you go on and list your usual talking points that rotation is key, like everyone with half a brain doesn't know, and then blast "armchair GMs" without naming them but implying that they are anyone who attacks Anderson's pathetic pass rushing skills. Stop being self righteous, the coaches won't even let the guy near the field in passz rushing situations.

Agree with everything you said. Except Anderson is alright against the run. No he's not. He's just the only thing we have to replace the other guy to get a break.

Agree with everything you said. Except Anderson is alright against the run. No he's not. He's just the only thing we have to replace the other guy to get a break.

I completely agree...he isnt that good agains the run at all.

He's pretty much a useless player at this point, if not to let the other guys get a rest.

I completely agree...he isnt that good agains the run at all.

He's pretty much a useless player at this point, if not to let the other guys get a rest.

That's why I said he was alright against the run, instead of great or very good. He doesn't get blown off the LOS so he doesn't hurt us all that often in the run. True he couldn't make a big play to save his life (1 TFL in over 2 seasons), but not being a liability means he "aight" against the run. Don't gett me wrong, I agree that a DE that flat out sucks against the pass while being OK against the run is not a good player. Anyone that thinks Anderson is a good player simply doesn't know football.

If that were true, then TD, Smtty, Van Gorder and Ray Hamilton all are guilty of not only keeping a uselss player o the 53 man roster, not only of starting a useless player, but also of havng the useless player play more snaps than John Abraham and Kroy Beirmann both of who you admit are good players.

I others words, you are welcome to your opinion, regardless of how ignorant it is

Hatred is borne of sheer ignorance. On a topic about John Abrahams excellence, some here just can't help but bring their own vile and repulsive hatred to it.

Abe is a dumb as that doesn't understand that getting to the QB is way overrated. He could learn a lot from JA98. I can't believe Abe didn't accept Anderson's offer to be mentored by a real DE that knows how to play patty cake at the LOS.
Gazoo calling someone else obsessed over JA98???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's rich, since **** near every post you've made the past year has been about the guy.

Idiot alert

DIAF