against damione lewis, 2 waiver wire pick ups, teal & godfrey

millenium falcon

i would run up the gut more often than not. they only had 3 safeties on the roster and with harris doubtful, and CB/S martin also dinged, i would run up the middle all day long if they could not stop it.

they have former colt D coordinator meeks now, so he may kick one of their 5 DE's inside to help out the DT's. brayton would be the best candidate as peppers is best outside considering his pass rush skills.

peppers, brayton, lewis, johnson (running downs)

taylor, peppers, lewis, brown (passing downs)

nick hayden, who i liked as a 6th rd pick last year, has a toe injury that may keep him out. lewis leonard and ra'shon harris are recent additions. they are also 1st and 2nd year players.

the colts have been successful before with 270, 260, and 250 pd DT's.(raheem brock, eric foster, and keyunta dawson)

to be honest the DTs arent the ones who stop the run, its the linebackers. i mean yea if you have a big Haynesworth type of DT then yea he is a factor but regular DTs dont stop the run they disrupt it for the LBs to make the tackle and the Panthers dont have arguably one of the top 5 MLBs at 100% so if we stay with a OL on him to harass him and make his day long then i think we will be able to run successfully whereever and whenever we want.

good point. they dont have DT's like haynesworth to draw double teams, make plays, or even disrupt our running game IMO though, so while i agree with your assessment of LB's stopping the run(and they have great one's in davis and beason) i think they lack the help from the DT's that every LB needs to be successful against the run. davis had 18 tkles last week and looked fantastic. he and beason are play makers and are a concern. same for their DE's where they have nice depth. they have two safeties this week and little proven depth at CB. we should have a balanced attack that starts with the run to slow their pass rush from the ends which should be pretty good, and i hope gonzalez takes davis out of the equation on routes to free up the corners.

i would run up the gut more often than not. they only had 3 safeties on the roster and with harris doubtful, and CB/S martin also dinged, i would run up the middle all day long if they could not stop it.

they have former colt D coordinator meeks now, so he may kick one of their 5 DE's inside to help out the DT's. brayton would be the best candidate as peppers is best outside considering his pass rush skills.

peppers, brayton, lewis, johnson (running downs)

taylor, peppers, lewis, brown (passing downs)

nick hayden, who i liked as a 6th rd pick last year, has a toe injury that may keep him out. lewis leonard and ra'shon harris are recent additions. they are also 1st and 2nd year players.

the colts have been successful before with 270, 260, and 250 pd DT's.(raheem brock, eric foster, and keyunta dawson)

Harris should go tomorrow.

Running downs we usually go with Peppers, Lewis, Johnson, Brayton.

Passing downs we go Peppers, Brayton, Taylor, Brown, generally standing Peppers up before the play and having him pick his spot right before the snap. Leonard and Harris both have shown promise on 3-4 teams (Browns and Steelers) and were just thrown out because of numbers.

The run D looked good last week while the game was still manageable. Sleeping on it would be a huge mistake.