I only have 2 concerns for Sunday vs the Panthers

SWIFT HITTER

Is how our defense defends the swing pass to Steve Smith . What the Panthers are going to do is try and get Jake's confidence back so they are going to get his rhythm going by throwing im going to go out on a limb and say atleast 5 swing passes to Smith. Now what we need to do is stop Smith from breaking that first tackle and running down the field.

2nd concern ..Draws and screens to Williams and Stewart ..Carolina mindset is make sure

dont put Jake in 3rd and long situations where he is forcing the ball into coverage. Im sure Carolina is going to attempt 7-10 draws or screens to try and freeze our LBS corps who played very well week 1. If we defend the screens and draws to go along with defending the swings to swing passes.

This will be a long day for the Panthers.

Falcons -27

Panthers -20

yea the screens are what scares me the most because they know we are gonna come at them. the one thing i hope that we do do when we blitz is zone blitz. and i think Moore will be in on some blitzes and run downs since he said he has only been practicing on defense and not special teams. im not guaranteeing anything just speculating that last part

i completely agree. The panthers still scare me Even with Jake struggling they still have weapons. Our guys just need to play their positions

yea i thought the same thing. delhomme isnt a terrible QB hes just had a ****** string of games and our secondary isnt the eagles. we dont have a player even in the same league of a asnte samuel

hummm, they are probably going to try and run as much as possible and use jake to only throw high percentage pass plays (screens, flat passes, stuff like that). I wouldnt be suprised for them to go deep once or twice on first down or 2nd and short to try and get our DB's caught playing up. Our safeties have to play honest and respect the pass. Delhomo still has a good arm and if they get an open reciever behind our safeties he will hit him in stride.

I think the real key to this game will be our dline getting good penitration, but staying in their respective rushing lanes. If the Dline gets sloppy, even if they are getting pressure, williams will kill us. We have to take his cut back lanes away and allow or LB's to attack the line of scrimmage and make the tackle. And for gods sake our DE's cannot blow contain. They will run a lot of off tackle stuff and if the DE's are so concerned about getting to Delhomo that they blow contain they will just run on us every play.

Our corners have to play tough on passes out in the flats (screens, HB passes, swing passes, etc....) They don't have to make the tackle but they have to hold their ground and force the ball carrier back up inside so our backside pursuit by the linebackers can get there. We are faster this year, so I expect to see a big improvement in this over last year.

And the last thing Steve smith wants to see is one of our LB's running at him full speed. Our LB's bring the pain baby!!!