NFL Network & the Falcons

Robb4242

I do not have NFL Network at home thanks to the lousy Charter cable service we have in our area. However, I just upgraded to a plan where I can watch video on my cell phone at no charge & it gets the NFL Network live. So, since I don't have a programming guide for NFL Network, is there a certain time every week that they show the Falcons & talk about the Falcons, or is it more of a random thing from week to week? Also what are some of the better, or at least watchable shows on NFL Network? Can't watch on TV, but at least I'll be able to see some of the Falcons stuff on my phone now.

Its very random. Usually they spend a lot of time talking about the "hot" topics of the week. NFL Total access starts at 7pm Eastern. Then they have Playbook NFC and AFC editions. I'm not sure what time those start though. There are a few other programs that air I believe just one night a week. Total access and the Playbook NFC edition will probably give you the best chance of seeing Falcons discussion.

Other than the Playbook segments

New episodes ( AFC, NFC ) Version its very random.

Be honest though they avoid talking about the Falcons like its the plague.

I think they might just be pulling back, because they were talking about us a whole lot in the offseason. Especially after we got Gonzalez

You'll really like the NFL network. Jaime Dukes always has something very positive and insightful to say about the falcons.

Avid viewer and Dukes DOES like the Falcons but he has to play neutral or devils advocate. These are acting talking heads people selling a product: pro football.

As to Rob4242 question. They do not segment the individual teams for their special show say like college football has the weekly head coaches show. NFL Total Access played and replayed a few times a day is current stuff as is NFL Playbook NFC or AFC.

I don't like that you can't tell who is playing in the replay games. You get your live games but if the Falcons game isn't one of them you have to wait till during the week that follows only the guide just says a replay not which teams are playing. The new red zone channel is pretty cool though but you still miss most of the game but get to see them once they get ready to score.

You'll really like the NFL network. Jaime Dukes always has something very positive and insightful to say about the falcons.

Funny....... The "212 Jamie Dukes" and the "680 The Fan Jamie Dukes" are two completely different characters. When he was on a.m. radio in the morning, Dukes was absolutely GLUED to the Falcons' collective jock straps....... Once he inked his contract with NFL Network, he became their biggest haters..... Makes you wonder if 680 pi$$ed him off in a contract situation and he decided to take it out on the hometown team for some reason, or if the NFL handed him a list of which teams he has to hate, and which ones he needs to plant his lips firmly upon....

One thing is for sure, I liked our ex-Falcon linesmen a lot better on ATL radio than National TV.....

I think regulars on the NFL Network are encouraged not to show too much love and objectivity towards their NFL squads (someone remind Deion and his Cowgals - dude gets giddy as a school girl for his Dallas Boys), but Dukes goes a little to far hating on the team he couldn't have hugged harder just a couple of years ago.

I do not have NFL Network at home thanks to the lousy Charter cable service we have in our area. However, I just upgraded to a plan where I can watch video on my cell phone at no charge & it gets the NFL Network live. So, since I don't have a programming guide for NFL Network, is there a certain time every week that they show the Falcons & talk about the Falcons, or is it more of a random thing from week to week? Also what are some of the better, or at least watchable shows on NFL Network? Can't watch on TV, but at least I'll be able to see some of the Falcons stuff on my phone now.

If they have Comcast in your area, get that. I have Comcast and they just started showing the NFL Network in August I think.I

If they have Comcast in your area, get that. I have Comcast and they just started showing the NFL Network in August I think.I

For free, or is it an extra charge? I love my DirectTV, but for financial reasons, been thinking about ditching the dish. The thought of going back to Comcast almost makes me puke, but if NFLN was standard now, at least that would be a plus.

+1 for NFL Total Access. I like that show, and the Playbook shows are decent I guess - depending on who's breaking stuff down. Total Access I almost never miss. Playbook, I can take it or leave it. NFL Replay is pretty cool, cause you do get to see some good games from the week that may not have been shown in your viewing area.

As others have said, they have "Total Access"...it's like their version of Sportscenter.

Then they do the "Playbook" show where they review the last week's games.

Later in the week they separate into "AFC Playbook" and "NFC Playbook" where they review each game coming up.

But it is totally random on any of these shows when they talk about the Falcons.

The good news is that they repeat their shows regularly and if you happened to miss something once, you'll almost always have the opportunity to catch it the second time around.

I have Charter & that's my only option outside of Direct TV (which I'm not going right now). I'm about 25 miles from the Charter office, but there is a Cox cable office less than 3 miles from my house, & I believe they have the NFL Network. But thanks to cable company monopolies, I cannot get Cox cable because I'm on the wrong side of the city/district line. Really stupid.

Thanks for all the answers though, had thought maybe each team would get a half hour segment during the week or something & that game replays of each game might be replayed during the week.

@AtlantaFalconPokerPro, I have Sprint, just upgraded to their everything data plan, so unlimited s t r e a m i n g video to the phone, and NFL Network is a free service on Sprint TV.

Funny....... The "212 Jamie Dukes" and the "680 The Fan Jamie Dukes" are two completely different characters. When he was on a.m. radio in the morning, Dukes was absolutely GLUED to the Falcons' collective jock straps....... Once he inked his contract with NFL Network, he became their biggest haters..... Makes you wonder if 680 pi$$ed him off in a contract situation and he decided to take it out on the hometown team for some reason, or if the NFL handed him a list of which teams he has to hate, and which ones he needs to plant his lips firmly upon....

One thing is for sure, I liked our ex-Falcon linesmen a lot better on ATL radio than National TV.....

I think regulars on the NFL Network are encouraged not to show too much love and objectivity towards their NFL squads (someone remind Deion and his Cowgals - dude gets giddy as a school girl for his Dallas Boys), but Dukes goes a little to far hating on the team he couldn't have hugged harder just a couple of years ago.

You will not keep a national TV spot long if you show favoritism.

Dukes is a good actor and I have seen him enough the last couple of years and he has said on air he is still an Atlanta fan