The Most Underrated Band EVER...

Danko/Manuel

The Band

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

So underrated.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Shinedown

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Shinedown

Sorry. But no. This thread is not up for discussion.

Sorry. But no. This thread is not up for discussion.

I couldn't agree more. The Band was the best band ever. I was lucky to see them and Dylan together during the Before The Flood tour in 1974 at the old Omni in Atlanta. I love Levon but Rick Danko's voice was highly underrated as well. And then of course there's Richard Manuel:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I couldn't agree more. The Band was the best band ever. I was lucky to see them and Dylan together during the Before The Flood tour in 1974 at the old Omni in Atlanta. I love Levon but Rick Danko's voice was highly underrated as well. And then of course there's Richard Manuel:

Lucky basterd. If only I were born by then.

Danko was great also. He has a voice that sounds great on its own but could compliment other singers perfectly.

Here he is with Janis Joplin and Jerry Garcia.

Ok maybe not his best outing. haha

Greatest ever. Point Blank Period.

The Band

So underrated.

If you say it, then it must be true.............................(I think they sucked)........

Shinedown

Anybody can remake sombeody else's music. I happen to hate that particular remake a lot.

Love The Band!

I think Levon And Robbie are the only living members... and Levon is getting up there in age.

King Harvest! Can't embed it right now....

Related story:

In The Last Waltz, during Neil Young's segment, they had to rotoscope out-- a costly process back in the day-- the giant chunk of cocaine that was clearly visibile-- looked like a boulder on the big screen-- hanging from the hairs in Young's nose. Frame by frame by frame...

When asked about it, Neil Young said "It wasn't one of my poudest moments." :lol:

I have to agree that "The Band" was a phenominal group, and highly underrated. In the modern era, I say the most underrated band is Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Aside from having two of the most talented musicians of all time in the group, they get 0 radio play. In my opinion Bela Fleck is probably the most talented musician since Frank Zappa.