Can The Falcons End Jake Delhomme's Career As A Starter?

bigmildog

I just was thinking that it might be the Falcons who end this guys run with the Panties as a starting QB. If Delhomme has another horrible game on Sunday, I think it would be fair to say that he WILL against our beloved team, I think it will end his run as the Panties starting QB. John Fox has to think that he is on a very short leash as the Panties head coach and therefore he cannot afford to keep putting Delhomme out there and turning over the ball like Steve Deberg on Techmo Bowl. He will have no choice, unless he wants to go down with the ship, but to take a chance with anyone else.

It could be the sweetest thing for any Falcons fan to watch the ultimate demise of a Panties so-called QB! I for one am really looking forward to the Predator getting to feast on Delhomme! Go Falcons!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd love it if we picked him off 5 times, sacked him 6 times, and left him in a fetal position under one of the goal posts crying for his Mama, something tells me that this punk will dig deep and make us earn a victory. I don't think we lose the game, but nobody goes from being pretty good to 100% unacceptable that quickly. If he has any fire left, we'll see it.

As much as I'd love it if we picked him off 5 times, sacked him 6 times, and left him in a fetal position under one of the goal posts crying for his Mama, something tells me that this punk will dig deep and make us earn a victory. I don't think we lose the game, but nobody goes from being pretty good to 100% unacceptable that quickly. If he has any fire left, we'll see it.

What was that pitcher's name from the St.Louis Cardinals? But I get what your saying.

I dont expect Carolina to put the game on the shoulders of Jake Delhomme in this weeks match up so I expect them to have some tricks up their sleeve.

Me too. Or maybe not so much "tricks" as "workarounds". I think we win this game - we should - but don't know about ending the guy's career as a starter. If anything, his injuries and other factors may have more to do w/that than our Falcons skinnin' dem cats. Fox is not an entirely stupid coach, and I believe he'll still want to win more than he wants to stick by his boy. Too early @ the 2nd game of the season for our Birds to get him fired. But if we beat 'em bad 2x, then yeah... maybe we get credit for that later in the season. ;)

Me too. Or maybe not so much "tricks" as "workarounds". I think we win this game - we should - but don't know about ending the guy's career as a starter. If anything, his injuries and other factors may have more to do w/that than our Falcons skinnin' dem cats. Fox is not an entirely stupid coach, and I believe he'll still want to win more than he wants to stick by his boy. Too early @ the 2nd game of the season for our Birds to get him fired. But if we beat 'em bad 2x, then yeah... maybe we get credit for that later in the season. ;)

Do you think they will use him like they Did Chris Weinke in the last game of the season a few years ago? That game still makes me throw-up a little bit in my mouth everytime I think of it!

it would be nice, but i kind of have a feeling he pulls off a decent game against us. if our defense plays like last week though, we'll have a good shot at jacking him up and winning the game. we need to stuff their run game (i hope to see lewis activated this week) and keep them in 3rd and 4+ like we did against the dolphins. that way we can unless the predator and the beerman on his ***.

I think that surgery the Jake had on his arm two years ago is finally catching up to him. Atleast two of those INTs in last weeks game could be attributed to just not having enough juice on the throw, maybe even three. When Carolina coaches look at the film, I think they will scale back the type of throws they ask Jake to make. Instead of go routes and deep outs, the Falcons are going to see a bunch of quick slants and 3-5 yard crosses. The LBs just have to be ready to make those guys pay, and I am sure they will be. I don't expect Jake to throw a bunch of INTs on Sunday, but I do think the Falcons will win handily.

Do you think they will use him like they Did Chris Weinke in the last game of the season a few years ago? That game still makes me throw-up a little bit in my mouth everytime I think of it!

That game was my entry for the All Time Worst Falcons Game in Memory thread...

They can try it, but I don't think they could pull it off w/this Falcons team. Part of why they were doing that all game long before is that we let them get away w/it 2x, then 3, then 4, then **** I don't know... I lost count. Plus they had Weinke in as QB. All Delhomme bashing aside, I will pay him this compliment and say he's a better QB than Weinke. Hopefully, they try to give him more passing plays in an effort to build his confidence back, and we bring the pain like boss is talking about, and are able to capitalize on that gameplan. :P

That game was my entry for the All Time Worst Falcons Game in Memory thread...

They can try it, but I don't think they could pull it off w/this Falcons team. Part of why they were doing that all game long before is that we let them get away w/it 2x, then 3, then 4, then **** I don't know... I lost count. Plus they had Weinke in as QB. All Delhomme bashing aside, I will pay him this compliment and say he's a better QB than Weinke. Hopefully, they try to give him more passing plays in an effort to build his confidence back, and we bring the pain like boss is talking about, and are able to capitalize on that gameplan. :P

They couldn't pull that off in this game. The most important thing Carolina had going for them in that disaster of a game was a putrid Falcons offense. The Falcons never scored after the first drive of the game so Carolina never had to change what they were doing.

I remember a game a few years back where Carolina Pathetics ran the ball up the middle, play after play. They hardly ran the ball. If this is the game your speaking of, then I would rather get kicked in the balls then repeat that game.